Warrior will be become the dervish

I have no idea if it's going to happen, but I like the idea because I really struggle to play warrior but I love the dervish.

I find warrior kind of dull, my favourite professions are elementalist, engineer and an overly complicated ranger build where I keep moving in and out of melee and swapping weapons - so all things with lots of buttons and coordination and by comparision the warrior seems like there's not a lot to do. But on my dervish I use a lot of flash enchantments so it's all about building them up, getting as many enemies as possible into range and then hitting them all with the end effects, lots of things to think about and try to time well. It doesn't always work of course, but it's fun to try and I'd like to do something like that on my warrior.

As I mentioned multiple times on the Elementalist forums, Dervish would make a better elite spec for Elementalist.

Elementalists' Air and Earth magic are pretty much the best options to translate Dervish's Wind and Earth prayers into GW2.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> As I mentioned multiple times on the Elementalist forums, Dervish would make a better elite spec for Elementalist.

> Elementalists' Air and Earth magic are pretty much the best options to translate Dervish's Wind and Earth prayers into GW2.

How would you do that though - they're sacrifing their access to Fire / Water (aka Scourge lost the Shroud) elements to double / enhance the effects of Earth / Wind? And what kind of weapon would you give them?

Warrior and Staff sounds quite plausible, what would you give to the Elementalist?

Staff wielding warrior? Please just... no. Enough profession political correctness. Warrior's whole point is to be a mauling beefy boi. Just imagine a norn charging at you with a staff, in heavy armor. That's either OP looking or plain shocking. Leave warrior alone pls.

> @"Nyel.1843" said:

> Warrior and Staff sounds quite plausible

I think so, too, but not in a Dervish way.

Warrior getting a staff to use like a combat monk, becoming a more support oriented spec seems way more realistic to me.

Or maybe Paragon and using staves as throwing weapons (as stupid as it would look).

Both themes are much closer to the martial theme Warrior represents.

Meanwhile Dervish, despite using a scythe as its main weapon, has been dominantly portrayed as being a melee mage.

It's primary attribute is called Mysticism and it deals with magical Enchantments.

> what would you give to the Elementalist?

Since Arenanet refuses to make more weapon categories, Elementalist would get hammer.

Reaper Shroud's Scythe is classified as a hammer, too.

But I doubt Arenanet would give us either Paragon or Dervish anyway.

highly improbable:

- wasn't included in the relevant region expansion, why add them with a completey different and unrelated region?

- nothing there to channel anymore, dudes and dudettes left as far as we know, one is even destroyed

- not a single class from GW1 got a 1:1 adaptation via elite specs

- it has been a completely human centric class. Of cause you could come up with different higher powers, probably easiest for Norn, hardest for Charr, but would probably feel offish

- channeling outerwordly power is already the shtick of an exisiting class

I can see a warrior dervish (or any staff warrior) if we get a new elite spec.

I feel we'll sooner see new weapons before we see new elite specs though. Some of the classes, such as the warrior, don't have much room left to maneuver in for elite specs. Warriors for example have the short bow, scepter, and staff. Can't keep doing this forever without addressing the elephant in the room.

> @"Gundahar.2765" said:

> Staff wielding warrior? Please just... no. Enough profession political correctness. Warrior's whole point is to be a mauling beefy boi. _**Just imagine a norn charging at you with a staff, in heavy armor.**_ That's either OP looking or plain shocking. Leave warrior alone pls.

Like Norn Revenants?

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> - nothing there to channel anymore, dudes and dudettes left as far as we know, one is even destroyed

People really should stop reducing Dervish to that one gimmick with the gods' and goddesses' avatars.

They are more than that one gimmick.

> @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> I can see a warrior dervish (or any staff warrior) if we get a new elite spec.

>

> I feel we'll sooner see new weapons before we see new elite specs though. Some of the classes, such as the warrior, don't have much room left to maneuver in for elite specs. Warriors for example have the short bow, scepter, and staff. Can't keep doing this forever without addressing the elephant in the room.

Main and off hand pistol and focus too. That's effectively 5 or 6 new elite specs, that should last well over a decade and see us through to the 2030s.

And there's also the possibility of replacing the skills on an existing weapon, creating a power based swords or condi axes or condi daggers, for example.

Or not having a new weapon for an elite spec at all.

I don't see them adding new weapons ever, especially as they've abandoned the underwater ones already.

> @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> > @"Gundahar.2765" said:

> > Staff wielding warrior? Please just... no. Enough profession political correctness. Warrior's whole point is to be a mauling beefy boi. _**Just imagine a norn charging at you with a staff, in heavy armor.**_ That's either OP looking or plain shocking. Leave warrior alone pls.

>

> Like Norn Revenants?

>

>

Haha yes. Revenant is what it is, but a pure warrior with staff, just the idea, sounds ridiculous. My opinion tho.

> @"Gundahar.2765" said:

> > @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> > > @"Gundahar.2765" said:

> > > Staff wielding warrior? Please just... no. Enough profession political correctness. Warrior's whole point is to be a mauling beefy boi. _**Just imagine a norn charging at you with a staff, in heavy armor.**_ That's either OP looking or plain shocking. Leave warrior alone pls.

> >

> > Like Norn Revenants?

> >

> >

> Haha yes. Revenant is what it is, but a pure warrior with staff, just the idea, sounds ridiculous. My opinion tho.

>

I think people are meaning spear when they say staff and a spear is one of thee most iconic and fitting weapons a warrior class could ever get.

@"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > - nothing there to channel anymore, dudes and dudettes left as far as we know, one is even destroyed

>

> People really should stop reducing Dervish to that one gimmick with the gods' and goddesses' avatars.

> They are more than that one gimmick.

>

But the gods and goddesses are a clear defining aspect of these warrior monks. Where will they derive their enchantments where there is no gods?

I don't get why people think how much they love Dervish in GW1 will mean it will be this amazing thing in GW2. In fact, I think it means you will be disappointed because you are basing your expectations on something that isn't really relevant to the game.

If anything, the powers a Dervish like channeling divine powers sounds more like Revenant material to me.

> @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> But the gods and goddesses are a clear defining aspect of these warrior monks. Where will they derive their enchantments where there is no gods?

Where do the other races get their magic from? In GW1 there also were inhumans who used dervish magic, so that's no barrier.

Even in GW2, humans use magic as prayers to their gods, there has nothing changed in that regard.

I would be surprised if the Warrior received this.

Personally, I saw Dervishes as a more mystical, acrobatic class. Warriors typically do not have that luxury due to the heavy armour that they wear (plus Dervishes were an AR70 class in the original Guild Wars). That being said, the Spellbreaker is quite acrobatic with its daggers. Additionally, Warriors do not have staves for a weapon type yet and ArenaNet appear to be pushing scythes in staves.

We'll wait and see. Nice speculation though.