How do I perma contest an enemy keep?

aaron.7850

This happened to us our keep kept getting contested by a thief and no one could catch him.

Since I have a thief and I love to annoy enemies, I want to do the same thing too but there is no guides on how to do this.

Do I have to build a siege near the keep?

Do I attack the walls with my weapons? How long does the "contest" stay?

Do I attack the gate only?

Thanks in advance

Here's how. Go stealth tap keep, go away. Now it is contested. Repeat. That s it.

For higher level tagging. Find areas around the keep. Build siege but can't be hit by Npc. Keep refreshing.

Have a group of friends so you cap camp sentry too. Then tag.

Oh you will be hated .

set a timer for 2mins 30sec, tap keep and start timer, do whatever you want, return with ~10s left, aa gate till time up, repeat. swords on mini map will disappear at the actual 'time-up' for contest on their side but then won't show on your mini map for the first 30s after you retag.

you can do some stuff with los and the archers where you build seige they can see but can't hit but it's not reliable.

you have to make a decision around your build whether you actually want some fights (more damage less mobility/stealth) or just wanna troll (all mobility and stealth), that's up to you. it's a good way to generate content as you get hero defenders, and the whispers sell for a good price on the tp.

You can use any class to perma contest keeps, it just depends how you do it - the simplest being creatively throwing blueprints where guards will aggro and just farting at guards while you use wartclaw. If you die, just come back - voila, insta perma contest. You will come back before the timer is up.

'since you are permitting my actions, since you promoting my actions, since you are justifying my actions, since you are condoning my actions, since you encouraging my actions, since you are not reinforcing my actions........i will continue to teach them what you allow me to teach them

'Things will be the way they are for as long you allow me to be'

**T O X I C I T Y**

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> The question is more why would you want to do it.

Anet allows it to continue for 8 years, Anet see absolutely nothing wrong doing it, so Toxicity it is

(few minutes ago in wvw helping a guild player, we witness a Thief Profession player teleporting mount inside a secure keep. Than the Thief Profession player teleported back and attacked us and casting Fear on us. Fear a Necromancer Profession unique Death condition was cast by a 'Rogue' Profession...think about it...Fear condition on a 'Rogue' Profession? A 'Rogue' not only having a Toxic Stealth mechanic, teleport, portal, highest mobility, near-perma-everything mechanics and being the meta for 8 consecutive years and having additional Fear condition....? what Healthy Competitive game would allow tolerate this?

So what did we do? We did not question Why. Instead, we both logged out and logged into a healthy competitive game. Soon after other joined us including 5 Commanders.

In other word, asking why is no longer valid at the endless Toxic state of the game, walking away is only the answer to Why?

At this moment, questioning Toxicity is just a waste of time and energy

'You Allow Them To Be Toxic,

You Teach Them To Be Toxic'

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > The question is more why would you want to do it.

>

> Anet allows it to continue for 8 years, Anet see absolutely nothing wrong doing it, so Toxicity it is

>

> (few minutes ago in wvw helping a guild player, we witness a Thief Profession player teleporting mount inside a secure keep. Than the Thief Profession player teleported back and attacked us and casting Fear on us. Fear a Necromancer Profession unique Death condition was cast by a 'Rogue' Profession...think about it...Fear condition on a 'Rogue' Profession? A 'Rogue' not only having a Toxic Stealth mechanic, teleport, portal, highest mobility, near-perma-everything mechanics and being the meta for 8 consecutive years and having additional Fear condition....? what Healthy Competitive game would allow tolerate this?

>

> So what did we do? We did not question Why. Instead, we both logged out and logged into a healthy competitive game. Soon after other joined us including 5 Commanders.

>

>

> In other word, asking why is no longer valid at the endless Toxic state of the game, walking away is only the answer to Why?

>

> At this moment, questioning Toxicity is just a waste of time and energy

>

> 'You Allow Them To Be Toxic,

> You Teach Them To Be Toxic'

And still for some wacky reason no one wants this super stacked player with all the advantages in the game in their squads. If you were standing around with a bunch of other players letting some thief tag the same necro or land stealth attacks over and over and not have something to break out of fear and land some control of your own than hopefully that other game is more your pace.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > The question is more why would you want to do it.

> >

> > Anet allows it to continue for 8 years, Anet see absolutely nothing wrong doing it, so Toxicity it is

> >

> > (few minutes ago in wvw helping a guild player, we witness a Thief Profession player teleporting mount inside a secure keep. Than the Thief Profession player teleported back and attacked us and casting Fear on us. Fear a Necromancer Profession unique Death condition was cast by a 'Rogue' Profession...think about it...Fear condition on a 'Rogue' Profession? A 'Rogue' not only having a Toxic Stealth mechanic, teleport, portal, highest mobility, near-perma-everything mechanics and being the meta for 8 consecutive years and having additional Fear condition....? what Healthy Competitive game would allow tolerate this?

> >

> > So what did we do? We did not question Why. Instead, we both logged out and logged into a healthy competitive game. Soon after other joined us including 5 Commanders.

> >

> >

> > In other word, asking why is no longer valid at the endless Toxic state of the game, walking away is only the answer to Why?

> >

> > At this moment, questioning Toxicity is just a waste of time and energy

> >

> > 'You Allow Them To Be Toxic,

> > You Teach Them To Be Toxic'

>

> And still for some wacky reason no one wants this super stacked player with all the advantages in the game in their squads. If you were standing around with a bunch of other players letting some thief tag the same necro or land stealth attacks over and over and not have something to break out of fear and land some control of your own than hopefully that other game is more your pace.

This devolved fast.

OP basically you just need to aggro guards and maybe tickle them every 2 minutes and 30 seconds as someone has mentioned. Troll to your heart's content! /thread

D:

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> So I dont need to build siege? Just aggro the guards once and the keep will get contested fot 2 and a half minutes?

Yup. It really is that easy. Or hit any gate like underwater ones in green keep in EBG. Can do it on any class. Just being full tank and having tons of mobility tends to work best.

Be prepared for boredom, though. After the first few passes you will begin to realize nobody sane should enjoy it.

Haha I also saw this thief during the weekend on the NA server while I was grinding the gift of battle, it seems to me that he was attacking the npcs of the wall with a shortbow. I even chased him a few times, with a good CC chain me and the chasers killed him 3 or 4 times but he kept coming back all day long XD

There is something to say from both viewpoints that it is so easy to tag a keep. If it is not easy to contest the attacking zerg is in a big disadvantage since you can just port and attack again. But these days it is also annoying that one player throws a feather onto the keep and it's contested.

All you have to do is attack a gate or siege, aggro guards etc to contest, why this is still a thing, I don't know, a single person should NOT be able to do this, it doesn't even require you to kill anything. Contesting should at min require you to kill a guard or siege dmg etc. This is why "tapping" is a thing, as you don't need to do anything other than run by.

First roll a thief, and run high mobility and stealth. In most cases not needed, as warclaw allows tapping without any risk of getting stuck with guards, just leap on by. However the build will help when people get annoyed and come to kill you, just stealth, port and remount 2,000 range away and repeat. Another fun trick is that you can find areas by an archer, BUILD as in finish a paper bali right under them, but make sure it's an area where no guards patrol (which are many), the archer will constantly shoot at it but will never be able to hit it, thats a free hour of contesting without doing anything else, just go back and refresh every hour. You will learn all of the sneaky locations that are out of view that will aggro a archer with time, most people will never find it, as most people don't know this is STILL a thing after all these years.