Jallis/Mallyx cc spam extremely obnoxious

All kinds of rev rn tbh. I've been playing 3v3s lately in top5 rating area and every team basically runs 2 or 3 revs. The permanent stability from core rev Jalis put together with the cc of Mallyx and Jalis from other revenants is an extermely obnoxious combo with no counterplay whatsoever. All of the teams in top10 are basically playing double or even triple rev. The cds on CCs are obviously overtuned and they should cost more energy or have a high cooldown since both of these seplls (jalis taunt and mallyx leap) are hard CCs. Mallyx being a spammable AoE pull. It's gamebreaking.

The whole current meta if focused around chain CC'ing your opponent. It doesn't matter if the CC themselves do 0 damage - your teammates can dps the enemies down whilst they are CC'ed and unable to react.

(inb4 "judge dodge" or "just bring stun break" - there are not enough dodges/stunbreaks to deal with the amount of spammable CC floating around at the moment)

> @"c u again.3267" said:

>the permanent stability from core rev Jalis

"Permanent stability" would be 100% stab uptime, but If we only focus on jalis, it is 80% stab uptime. If you focus on the whole rotation (aka legend swapping) then it falls down to 40% uptime. hyperboles are real.

> put together with the cc of Mallyx and Jalis from other revenants is an extermely obnoxious combo with no counterplay whatsoever.

So the problem is not revenant itself but stacking revenant. AFAIK I am pretty sure this applies to almost all meta builds.

> The cds on CCs are obviously overtuned and they should cost more energy or have a high cooldown since both of these seplls (jalis taunt and mallyx leap) are hard CCs.

jalis taunt has 15 secs cd. The maximum cd increase anet could(should) do is 20 secs but not more because all legend's skills need to be available once you swapped your legend back. (Glint is an exception because one guy had a good idea of designing a whole spec around upkeeps...)

Mallyx cc already costs 35e. Since 50e is a "psychological" limit, at worse anet could increase it to 40e. But it doesn't matter, because in this meta all CCs are worth it. So no matter what nerfs anet decides, you will still be hit by those two once every 20 secs (or any of those every 10 secs).

> Mallyx being a spammable AoE pull. It's gamebreaking.

Do you mean that CC you can "spamm" once every 20 secs? We definitively do not have the same definition of spammable.

>"Permanent stability" would be 100% stab uptime, but If we only focus on jalis, it is 80% stab uptime. If you focus on the whole rotation (aka legend swapping) then it falls down to 40% uptime. hyperboles are real.

apparently this is okay?

>Do you mean that CC you can "spamm" once every 20 secs? We definitively do not have the same definition of spammable.

20s? where do u see 20s? even the energy cost gating it to 20s

X D

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> It's almost as if this game is not meant for special game modes yet everyone wants 'em.

>

> Ironically that happens to be the builds I bring to the eyes of the people.

its fine that we get new gamemodes, but expecting developers to implement the permanently or even balance them is never going to happen

@"Leonidrex.5649"

I'm definitely for new content that doesn't last forever because the meta's people make become stale really quick. At least it's not impossible to win against the meta given the right match ups unlike last 2v2's balance state.

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> @"Leonidrex.5649"

>

> I'm definitely for new content that doesn't last forever because the meta's people make become stale really quick. At least it's not impossible to win against the meta given the right match ups unlike last 2v2's balance state.

I dont mind that at all, like my class is shit and im a 1trick, dont have people to play with anymore, its not fun for me. But others have fun so bless them, who am I to take their fun away.

mb next time there will be 2node 4v4 or something goofy, even if its bad its good to have something fresh from time to time

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> Where is the quote about obviously only good players playing rev?

>

> It is horrible. But everybody expected basically this?

Cal Cohen.2358Cal Cohen.2358 ArenaNet › ArenaNet November 19, 2019

Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

![](https://i.imgur.com/k0tv8Dz.png "")

It's not just 3v3 though, teapot hosted a 5v5 tourny today and a triple rev team went undefeated. triple rev team. which consists of core rev, renegade and herald. rev is ruining every gamemode rn with its sustainability and cc/boon spam. the class itself is the biggest issue when it comes to balance currently.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > Where is the quote about obviously only good players playing rev?

> >

> > It is horrible. But everybody expected basically this?

>

> Cal Cohen.2358Cal Cohen.2358 ArenaNet › ArenaNet November 19, 2019

> Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/k0tv8Dz.png "")

>

Thank you, mate! :+1:

We are simply too bad for playing anything else.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > Where is the quote about obviously only good players playing rev?

> >

> > It is horrible. But everybody expected basically this?

>

> Cal Cohen.2358Cal Cohen.2358 ArenaNet › ArenaNet November 19, 2019

> Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/k0tv8Dz.png "")

>

>

>

Imagine wanting to play a class other then Rev just to get results.

> It's not just 3v3 though, teapot hosted a 5v5 tourny today and a triple rev team went undefeated. triple rev team. which consists of core rev, renegade and herald. rev is ruining every gamemode rn with its sustainability and cc/boon spam. the class itself is the biggest issue when it comes to balance currently.

Yet Rank 55 keeps farming those 3 Rev teams like mowing the grass in their backyards...

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Yet Rank 55 keeps farming those 3 Rev teams like mowing the grass in their backyards...

It needs all 5 players be able to "run counter comp", "focus on target" and "do godlike rotations". Not gonna happen in ranked.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > Yet Rank 55 keeps farming those 3 Rev teams like mowing the grass in their backyards...

>

> It needs all 5 players be able to "run counter comp", "focus on target" and "do godlike rotations". Not gonna happen in ranked.

Right, but I think that balance should be based on how the classes works at its highest potential, and not about how they perform in gold or even platinum while played by random people.

Otherwise ANet will end banning all the amulets, runes and sigils except one in each class in order to level the game for the absolute bottom tier.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Right, but I think that balance should be based on how the classes works at its highest potential, and not about how they perform in gold or even platinum while played by random people.

Very good idea, will only happen when they bring 5 man ranked queue back.

> @"Meteor.3720" said:

> The whole current meta if focused around chain CC'ing your opponent. It doesn't matter if the CC themselves do 0 damage - your teammates can dps the enemies down whilst they are CC'ed and unable to react.

>

> (inb4 "judge dodge" or "just bring stun break" - there are not enough dodges/stunbreaks to deal with the amount of spammable CC floating around at the moment)

Yes, this whole focus by chain CCs is COMPLETE BS. All the stability in the world can't counter that. There NEEDS to be a counter against that.

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > The whole current meta if focused around chain CC'ing your opponent. It doesn't matter if the CC themselves do 0 damage - your teammates can dps the enemies down whilst they are CC'ed and unable to react.

> >

> > (inb4 "judge dodge" or "just bring stun break" - there are not enough dodges/stunbreaks to deal with the amount of spammable CC floating around at the moment)

>

> Yes, this whole focus by chain CCs is COMPLETE BS. All the stability in the world can't counter that. There NEEDS to be a counter against that.

pretty sure one firebrand would have enough stability to break cc for his entire team for at least 15 seconds. stability shout + F3 tome. core guards can also bring a ton of stability.

it'd be cool if more classes had stability or could spec towards it.

> @"Caine.8543" said:

> > @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> > > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > > The whole current meta if focused around chain CC'ing your opponent. It doesn't matter if the CC themselves do 0 damage - your teammates can dps the enemies down whilst they are CC'ed and unable to react.

> > >

> > > (inb4 "judge dodge" or "just bring stun break" - there are not enough dodges/stunbreaks to deal with the amount of spammable CC floating around at the moment)

> >

> > Yes, this whole focus by chain CCs is COMPLETE BS. All the stability in the world can't counter that. There NEEDS to be a counter against that.

>

> pretty sure one firebrand would have enough stability to break cc for his entire team for at least 15 seconds. stability shout + F3 tome. core guards can also bring a ton of stability.

>

> it'd be cool if more classes had stability or could spec towards it.

No, that brings us back to everyone running around with perma stab again.