Can we please buff Mesmer Staff? Its the worst weapon on our kit.

aaron.7850

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

>

> > nah kitten that, power staff ftw

>

> Hybrid.

> Sceptre is kinda Hybrid too with the Sceptre 2 Counter and Sceptre 3 burst.

>

yeah. the vuln is cool and and old staff 3 design of "do 10% more damage per condition on your foe" was nice.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> >

> > > nah kitten that, power staff ftw

> >

> > Hybrid.

> > Sceptre is kinda Hybrid too with the Sceptre 2 Counter and Sceptre 3 burst.

> >

>

> yeah. the vuln is cool and and old staff 3 design of "do 10% more damage per condition on your foe" was nice.

Oh man, that was so fun, you could play full zerk with staff, start packing condi on ennemy and BOOM huge crit

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > I would be really thrilled if the made the simple following changes:

> >

> > 1. Increase projectile speed and chain of autoattack some.

> > 2. Reduce CD on 4 by 10 seconds

> > 3. Reduce CD on 5 by 10 seconds

> > 4. Phantasm reworked to a Condi or some kind of utility, random boon pulse in keeping with Chaos/staff theme

> >

> > Literally only have to redo number 3, I think everything else would work fine just by tweaking numbers of the skills already present.

>

> I veto the cd decrease on 4 and 5, expecially 5.

> having permanent passive shield that rng rolls random debuffs on enemies is stupid, rework it to something stronger that lasts shorter time, 5 is a strong skill and needs no buffing, agree with staff auto speed, and maybe dps increase too, both condi and power, but make clones deal 50% less dmg with condi. 3 sucks and needs rework/massive buff

Maybe I am mis-understanding, but 4 and 5 cant give you 100% chaos armor/field uptime, if that is what you are saying?

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > I would be really thrilled if the made the simple following changes:

> > >

> > > 1. Increase projectile speed and chain of autoattack some.

> > > 2. Reduce CD on 4 by 10 seconds

> > > 3. Reduce CD on 5 by 10 seconds

> > > 4. Phantasm reworked to a Condi or some kind of utility, random boon pulse in keeping with Chaos/staff theme

> > >

> > > Literally only have to redo number 3, I think everything else would work fine just by tweaking numbers of the skills already present.

> >

> > I veto the cd decrease on 4 and 5, expecially 5.

> > having permanent passive shield that rng rolls random debuffs on enemies is stupid, rework it to something stronger that lasts shorter time, 5 is a strong skill and needs no buffing, agree with staff auto speed, and maybe dps increase too, both condi and power, but make clones deal 50% less dmg with condi. 3 sucks and needs rework/massive buff

>

> Maybe I am mis-understanding, but 4 and 5 cant give you 100% chaos armor/field uptime, if that is what you are saying?

its true that its not possible but as it is you can have it for about 15s every ~35s, and all it does is passive condi/boons that are also random.

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > I would be really thrilled if the made the simple following changes:

> > > >

> > > > 1. Increase projectile speed and chain of autoattack some.

> > > > 2. Reduce CD on 4 by 10 seconds

> > > > 3. Reduce CD on 5 by 10 seconds

> > > > 4. Phantasm reworked to a Condi or some kind of utility, random boon pulse in keeping with Chaos/staff theme

> > > >

> > > > Literally only have to redo number 3, I think everything else would work fine just by tweaking numbers of the skills already present.

> > >

> > > I veto the cd decrease on 4 and 5, expecially 5.

> > > having permanent passive shield that rng rolls random debuffs on enemies is stupid, rework it to something stronger that lasts shorter time, 5 is a strong skill and needs no buffing, agree with staff auto speed, and maybe dps increase too, both condi and power, but make clones deal 50% less dmg with condi. 3 sucks and needs rework/massive buff

> >

> > Maybe I am mis-understanding, but 4 and 5 cant give you 100% chaos armor/field uptime, if that is what you are saying?

>

> its true that its not possible but as it is you can have it for about 15s every ~35s, and all it does is passive condi/boons that are also random.

To get a little nit picky, it'd be 5 seconds from 4, and a 5 second field that would be moved out of. That is max of 10 seconds and probably closer to 6 as soon as an enemy dodges out of chaos field.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > I would be really thrilled if the made the simple following changes:

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Increase projectile speed and chain of autoattack some.

> > > > > 2. Reduce CD on 4 by 10 seconds

> > > > > 3. Reduce CD on 5 by 10 seconds

> > > > > 4. Phantasm reworked to a Condi or some kind of utility, random boon pulse in keeping with Chaos/staff theme

> > > > >

> > > > > Literally only have to redo number 3, I think everything else would work fine just by tweaking numbers of the skills already present.

> > > >

> > > > I veto the cd decrease on 4 and 5, expecially 5.

> > > > having permanent passive shield that rng rolls random debuffs on enemies is stupid, rework it to something stronger that lasts shorter time, 5 is a strong skill and needs no buffing, agree with staff auto speed, and maybe dps increase too, both condi and power, but make clones deal 50% less dmg with condi. 3 sucks and needs rework/massive buff

> > >

> > > Maybe I am mis-understanding, but 4 and 5 cant give you 100% chaos armor/field uptime, if that is what you are saying?

> >

> > its true that its not possible but as it is you can have it for about 15s every ~35s, and all it does is passive condi/boons that are also random.

>

> To get a little nit picky, it'd be 5 seconds from 4, and a 5 second field that would be moved out of. That is max of 10 seconds and probably closer to 6 as soon as an enemy dodges out of chaos field.

>

to be nit picky you get chaos armor at the start off chaos storm and then again at the end followed by another one from 4

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > > I would be really thrilled if the made the simple following changes:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. Increase projectile speed and chain of autoattack some.

> > > > > > 2. Reduce CD on 4 by 10 seconds

> > > > > > 3. Reduce CD on 5 by 10 seconds

> > > > > > 4. Phantasm reworked to a Condi or some kind of utility, random boon pulse in keeping with Chaos/staff theme

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Literally only have to redo number 3, I think everything else would work fine just by tweaking numbers of the skills already present.

> > > > >

> > > > > I veto the cd decrease on 4 and 5, expecially 5.

> > > > > having permanent passive shield that rng rolls random debuffs on enemies is stupid, rework it to something stronger that lasts shorter time, 5 is a strong skill and needs no buffing, agree with staff auto speed, and maybe dps increase too, both condi and power, but make clones deal 50% less dmg with condi. 3 sucks and needs rework/massive buff

> > > >

> > > > Maybe I am mis-understanding, but 4 and 5 cant give you 100% chaos armor/field uptime, if that is what you are saying?

> > >

> > > its true that its not possible but as it is you can have it for about 15s every ~35s, and all it does is passive condi/boons that are also random.

> >

> > To get a little nit picky, it'd be 5 seconds from 4, and a 5 second field that would be moved out of. That is max of 10 seconds and probably closer to 6 as soon as an enemy dodges out of chaos field.

> >

>

> to be nit picky you get chaos armor at the start off chaos storm and then again at the end followed by another one from 4

While that is true, I would hardly count a combo towards a weapon benefit. That is like talking about warrior LB and saying you should balance it based on blasting might...

Yes, it is beneficial, but staff combo, especially if kiting, is not highly probable.

No offense but if you think staff on mesmer is bad your playing it wrong i have never had any issues with it granted i mostly used in pvp like a year ago and only recently started using it again but i see nothing wrong with it. i have always seen it as a utiilty kit not a kill everything stick of doom that you clearly want it to be [i only read your op im lazy ... next] chaos storm/chaos armor and phase retreat are amazing

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Dreamatics.4987" said:

> No offense but if you think staff on mesmer is bad your playing it wrong i have never had any issues with it granted i mostly used in pvp like a year ago and only recently started using it again but i see nothing wrong with it. i have always seen it as a utiilty kit not a kill everything stick of doom that you clearly want it to be [i only read your op im lazy ... next] chaos storm/chaos armor and phase retreat are amazing

you see nothing wrong with a power based Phantasm on a condi based weapon?

If they fixed the Phantasm to be utility or condi, I'd be fine. I still thing 4 and 5 need a reduction for what they are, but I can live with them. 3 is just out of place altogether.