Teleports while finishing

Fueki.4753

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> Today I got killed by a Thief who teleported out of my downed CC's range during the finishing animation and then back at the very end.

>

> Has that person been a cheater?

>

> It certainly doesn't feel like that should be possible.

this is possible since beta

its not a cheat

Instant cast teleports can be used with stomps. Thief just has a few that can be combined to allow for porting away and then back (Shadowstep, infiltrator signet, steal and sb#5 if timed well at the beginning of the stomp). But Necro can do the same with wurm and Spectral Walk, Guard can port once with Judge’s intervention (good for following thieves who use their downed port), Mes has blink, Ele has Lightning Flash.

Think of it as a very expensive way (since the thief has to blow important cool downs) to have stab or put blind on you, either of which does the job just as well if less flashy.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> Today I got killed by a Thief who teleported out of my downed CC's range during the finishing animation and then back at the very end.

>

> Has that person been a cheater?

>

> It certainly doesn't feel like that should be possible.

He simply shadoestept after stomp animations started and shadow returned near the end of animation. Common method to safe stomp.

I could be completely wrong and apologize if I am but I've seen the op in thread discussions over the years and feel like they knew all this and the thread is a non aggressive way to say to say nerf this.

Yeah, I was surprised @"Fueki.4753" wouldn’t know about safe stomps. It’s often the only way for a thief to traditionally get a stomp off without dying to cleave or getting cc’d off.

It’s less common these days because Deadeye can use the stolen skill to get Aegis to cover their stomp 1v1. Also blind fields are decent way to just avoid the AoE knockback completely.

Using Shadowstep uses two Stunbreaks so it’s quite a heavy cost when a smoke field and stealth will probably do the same job better.

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> Yeah, I was surprised @"Fueki.4753" wouldn’t know about safe stomps. It’s often the only way for a thief to traditionally get a stomp off without dying to cleave or getting cc’d off.

I knew of other safe stomps, like Stealth stomps and Elixir S stomps, or fake stomps using the Daredevil Elite skill, but someone teleporting while stomping simply is not something I remember having encountered before.

It's not a cheat no, Thieves have been doing this for a long time along with stealthing finishing people.

At best it's cheap but it's part of the class.

If anything though it's not a problem with Thief.. it's a problem with how un-balanced and fair the Downstate capabilities are between classes.

> @"Exzen.2976" said:

> Instant cast teleports can be used with stomps. Thief just has a few that can be combined to allow for porting away and then back (Shadowstep, infiltrator signet, steal and sb#5 if timed well at the beginning of the stomp). But Necro can do the same with wurm and Spectral Walk, Guard can port once with Judge’s intervention (good for following thieves who use their downed port), Mes has blink, Ele has Lightning Flash.

>

> Think of it as a very expensive way (since the thief has to blow important cool downs) to have stab or put blind on you, either of which does the job just as well if less flashy.

If you blink away during a finish however the finish will fail unless you blink and stay within range, also no stealth attached to it.

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > @"Exzen.2976" said:

> > Instant cast teleports can be used with stomps. Thief just has a few that can be combined to allow for porting away and then back (Shadowstep, infiltrator signet, steal and sb#5 if timed well at the beginning of the stomp). But Necro can do the same with wurm and Spectral Walk, Guard can port once with Judge’s intervention (good for following thieves who use their downed port), Mes has blink, Ele has Lightning Flash.

> >

> > Think of it as a very expensive way (since the thief has to blow important cool downs) to have stab or put blind on you, either of which does the job just as well if less flashy.

>

> If you blink away during a finish however the finish will fail unless you blink and stay within range, also no stealth attached to it.

I wasn’t stating that guard, mes and ele can port away and come back, just that they can all use a port in the middle of the finish animation. Also, I never mentioned stealth?

The hardest clutch is probably Downed, Stomp, Shadowstep, Enemy Teleports, Shadowreturn, Steal/Infiltrators Signet.

Basically you use three teleports to follow them through being teleported. Total waste of cooldowns usually but really neat looking to see pulled off.