Gear oriented PVP mode

Roche.7491

You do realize that we are just talking about 5% dps difference between a fully legendary geared character and an exotic geared one ?

Gear grinding has never been a part of this game, it's all about cosmetics and titles. Don't have hopes to see that changing, this is the philosophy of the game.

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> You do realize that we are just talking about 5% dps difference between a fully legendary geared character and an exotic geared one ?

> Gear grinding has never been a part of this game, it's all about cosmetics and titles. Don't have hopes to see that changing, this is the philosophy of the game.

where did that misconception come from?

ascended weapon alone provide 5% dmg from its WEAPON damge statistics.

add in extra power/crit from all the items, add in infusions, and you end up with 10-15% dps difference if not more.

and if you run hybrid builds with toughness it can be something like 20%+ difference.

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> You do realize that we are just talking about 5% dps difference between a fully legendary geared character and an exotic geared one ?

> Gear grinding has never been a part of this game, it's all about cosmetics and titles. Don't have hopes to see that changing, this is the philosophy of the game.

I know. And those exotic player either quit the game or just pvp after finishing the story. There is no reason to continue playing strikes/fractals/raid

> @"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:

> What happens when the people this would attract still lose?

Then they played longer before quitting. Farming those gears takes twice as long as finishing the game.

Strike/raid/fractal market will see a dramatic increase in players and lfg.

No thanks, leave that to the more hardcore mmo's. The fact I don't have to spend any time in this games mundane pve to be viable in pvp is a huge plus. Only way I'd work is a separate gear oriented mode separate from standard and the games population is to low for that, ud maybe see 20 players per severs participate in it lol. Gw2 designed to be casual, leave it that way.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> Which gear exactly takes time to farm in Guild Wars 2?

Diviner's is pretty brutal to get a full set of.

It's basically not in any of the stat pick sets. In most cases you might as well just get a full leggy set than getting ascended Diviner's.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> No thanks, leave that to the more hardcore mmo's. The fact I don't have to spend any time in this games mundane pve to be viable in pvp is a huge plus. Only way I'd work is a separate gear oriented mode separate from standard and the games population is to low for that, ud maybe see 20 players per severs participate in it lol. Gw2 designed to be casual, leave it that way.

It will not replace the current pvp mode but rather add a second game mode similar to wvw but fewer pax or a duel mode.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > No thanks, leave that to the more hardcore mmo's. The fact I don't have to spend any time in this games mundane pve to be viable in pvp is a huge plus. Only way I'd work is a separate gear oriented mode separate from standard and the games population is to low for that, ud maybe see 20 players per severs participate in it lol. Gw2 designed to be casual, leave it that way.

>

> It will not replace the current pvp mode but rather add a second game mode similar to wvw but fewer pax or a duel mode.

there is a reason why pvp is restricted the way it is, and not having to get gear is not the part of it.

go do wvw, you will quickly realise what kind of bullshit can happen due to the massive ammounts of stats and food.

I have been hit by upwards of almost 30k with 1 ability, I ate rapid fires that deal 6k dmg per arrow, I have attacked enemies that had so much toughness, perma protection and -% dmg food where my strongest hits on glass cannon were hitting them for 1k.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > No thanks, leave that to the more hardcore mmo's. The fact I don't have to spend any time in this games mundane pve to be viable in pvp is a huge plus. Only way I'd work is a separate gear oriented mode separate from standard and the games population is to low for that, ud maybe see 20 players per severs participate in it lol. Gw2 designed to be casual, leave it that way.

> >

> > It will not replace the current pvp mode but rather add a second game mode similar to wvw but fewer pax or a duel mode.

>

> there is a reason why pvp is restricted the way it is, and not having to get gear is not the part of it.

> go do wvw, you will quickly realise what kind of kitten can happen due to the massive ammounts of stats and food.

> I have been hit by upwards of almost 30k with 1 ability, I ate rapid fires that deal 6k dmg per arrow, I have attacked enemies that had so much toughness, perma protection and -% dmg food where my strongest hits on glass cannon were hitting them for 1k.

I like that. But I rather do it than take it. Like lubu

Thanks for the food tip.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > It's basically not in any of the stat pick sets.

> This is false.

Wait what? I have a character with the entire inventory stashed full of ascended trash armor and weapons from raids and fractals. When I was looking into getting a set none of the ones with selectables had Diviner in them.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> What would be the point? To farm kills on players who have played less than you? You can already do that by being skilled.

Yes and that’s actually the whole point of mmorpg, Leveling & farming to win. The more time you invest, the stronger you get.

Else you’ll be playing tekken or any other multiplayer games where there is no leveling and just practicing.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > What would be the point? To farm kills on players who have played less than you? You can already do that by being skilled.

>

> Yes and that’s actually the whole point of mmorpg, Leveling & farming to win. The more time you invest, the stronger you get.

>

> Else you’ll be playing tekken or any other multiplayer games where there is no leveling and just practicing.

now you understand :) we play gw2 bc its like a fighting game mmo where skill matters :) theres many other MMOs for people who like to mindlessly grind to pretend theyre good like you though!

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > What would be the point? To farm kills on players who have played less than you? You can already do that by being skilled.

>

> Yes and that’s actually the whole point of mmorpg, Leveling & farming to win. The more time you invest, the stronger you get.

>

> Else you’ll be playing tekken or any other multiplayer games where there is no leveling and just practicing.

Yeah ur right especially with fighting games evolving with larger stories and unlocks, fashion and otherwise. Gw2 pvp is kinda similar that there's no vertical progression, no real reason to farm almost anything past lv 80 exotics or ascended in pvp cuz gear stats have no bearing on anything and in wvw the boost from ascended etc is pretty trivial. It's always been the case with gw2 and wont change as that's its deal to separate itself from others, comes with positives and negatives. In the end if just playing and practicing with ur classes/classes to get better while unlocking vanity items isnt enough motivation for someone to play over long term then gw2 simply isnt the mmo for them.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > It's basically not in any of the stat pick sets.

> > This is false.

> Wait what? I have a character with the entire inventory stashed full of ascended trash armor and weapons from raids and fractals. When I was looking into getting a set none of the ones with selectables had Diviner in them.

It is available from stat selectable items, not sure about stat selectable boxes(these two are not the same thing). That change was made months ago.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

>

>

Gear still matters in wvw as there is a significant difference between someone in full ascended with infusions and food, and someone in exotics. You dont need endless gear progression or exponential power scaling to reward dedicated players. sPvP is meant to be competitive, if you have gear determine the winner, the only "competition" is who can farm the fastest/longest.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"aelska.4609" said:

> > You do realize that we are just talking about 5% dps difference between a fully legendary geared character and an exotic geared one ?

> > Gear grinding has never been a part of this game, it's all about cosmetics and titles. Don't have hopes to see that changing, this is the philosophy of the game.

>

> where did that misconception come from?

> ascended weapon alone provide 5% dmg from its WEAPON damge statistics.

> add in extra power/crit from all the items, add in infusions, and you end up with 10-15% dps difference if not more.

> and if you run hybrid builds with toughness it can be something like 20%+ difference.

It's 5% for the weapon strength and 5% for the armor... and of course 5% for every attribute you gear (further increasing damage or sustain). Very simple math and I also don't get why so many players don't know this and talk nonsense regarding that subject.

These multiple 5% add up and ascended/legendary is overall a lot better than exotic.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Strength

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"aelska.4609" said:

> > > You do realize that we are just talking about 5% dps difference between a fully legendary geared character and an exotic geared one ?

> > > Gear grinding has never been a part of this game, it's all about cosmetics and titles. Don't have hopes to see that changing, this is the philosophy of the game.

> >

> > where did that misconception come from?

> > ascended weapon alone provide 5% dmg from its WEAPON damge statistics.

> > add in extra power/crit from all the items, add in infusions, and you end up with 10-15% dps difference if not more.

> > and if you run hybrid builds with toughness it can be something like 20%+ difference.

> It's 5% for the weapon strength and 5% for the armor... and of course 5% for every attribute you gear (further increasing damage or sustain). Very simple math and I also don't get why so many players don't know this and talk nonsense regarding that subject.

>

> These multiple 5% add up and ascended/legendary is overall a lot better than exotic.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Strength

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

>

You are right. That’s about a total of 15% output increase. Breakdown roughly:

5% offense increase from weapon

5% defense increase from armor

2.5% all stats increase from armor

2.5% all stats increase from trinkets

It seems like armor is the big chunk of it.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> Suggest a gear oriented pvp to reward players who farmed time consuming gears & upgrades.

>

They were unable to balance amulets with swappable cores, so they reduced the composition to one.

Then they were unable to balance defensive bunkers so had to remove dire, knight, nerf celestial, paladin, etc.

Then removed tons of runes and sigils due were "too strong", so most of them are crap, but some are "less crappy" and the ones which most use, so they ended feeling "too strong" again.

And now you're asking fo a separated PvP mode with PvE/WvW stats available? You really think that a 19K HP, 3K+ armor 2K+ condition damage full dire burn Guardian is sane? Or a full trailblazer + tormenting runes condi Herald? You really think that a "stat mixmaxed" Ele is killable in a feasible amount of time after the direct damage nerfs from February? Man, that's really naive...