Is Arena Net to good to it's customers?

Of course raids, like PvP have a tiny amount of players. Makes me wonder why MMO developers feel some obsessive need to ruin their game by adding that garbage. Raids, like PvP make sure there can be no balance, Raids by simply existing, PvP only if it has the same abilities as PvE (how can anyone be stupid enough to combine those?)

And when you know this mistake has been repeated by EVERYONE, you can only guess that it's easier/cheaper, at least in the beginning.

Raids are not difficult, you either know what to do before you even enter the raid or you die, simple as that and when you do, you just do the same thing over and over and over.

The real thing people who play PvP want is to get open world PvP forced on everyone so they can gangbang beginners and t-bag their corpses or something similiar. That's why you need to do "all content" to get legendaries, so people get forced to do PvP and then the asshats of PvP can kill them. There is another way to get whatever you need for the legendary? I'm sure it's 5x as slow to get, of course.

You can say that you don't want beginners in PvP but i won't believe you. PvP should be in only PvP games designed for it, no need to ruin other games. Would be better for the balance of the PvP too, as if anyone cares about that in PvP, just get the most OP thing and rape everyone.

Raids should be its own thing that has nothing to do with the actual PvE, after all, raiders want challenge (or so they claim, Heh.) and it would be easier and better if you didn't need to worry about PvE balance when you make the raids. Would give much more freedom to give them challenge.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> Of course raids, like PvP have a tiny amount of players. Makes me wonder why MMO developers feel some obsessive need to ruin their game by adding that garbage.

Idk, ask the currentl biggest and msot succesful mmos why they have them.

Raids, like PvP make sure there can be no balance, Raids by simply existing, PvP only if it has the same abilities as PvE (how can anyone be stupid enough to combine those?)

Imagine thinking balance could be achieved in the open world instead, the existance of ra8ds or pvp infuences the priority in which devs balance the game, they dont make it impossible to balance.

> And when you know this mistake has been repeated by EVERYONE, you can only guess that it's easier/cheaper, at least in the beginning.

>

> Raids are not difficult, you either know what to do before you even enter the raid or you die, simple as that and when you do, you just do the same thing over and over and over.

> The real thing people who play PvP want is to get open world PvP forced on everyone so they can kitten beginners and t-bag their corpses or something similiar. That's why you need to do "all content" to get legendaries, so people get forced to do PvP and then the asshats of PvP can kill them. There is another way to get whatever you need for the legendary? I'm sure it's 5x as slow to get, of course.

>

> You can say that you don't want beginners in PvP but i won't believe you. PvP should be in only PvP games designed for it, no need to ruin other games. Would be better for the balance of the PvP too, as if anyone cares about that in PvP, just get the most OP thing and kitten everyone.

> Raids should be its own thing that has nothing to do with the actual PvE, after all, raiders want challenge (or so they claim, Heh.) and it would be easier and better if you didn't need to worry about PvE balance when you make the raids. Would give much more freedom to give them challenge.

Raids are as much about the challenge as they are about player expression through their preferred class. If your class isnt viable you are having less fun in raids, if raids arent fulfilling (becuase of them being too hard, not hard enough or unrewarding you are having less fun in raids.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> The real thing people who play PvP want is to get open world PvP forced on everyone so they can kitten beginners and t-bag their corpses or something similiar.

This cannot be any further from the truth. Yes there are some vocal players asking for open world PVP (usually to duel with others, not to "kill beginners") but not all PVP players want that, they want a mode that gets developer attention with new mechanics, new game modes, new maps, new rewards. And of course proper balance because balance is far more important in PVP (where people compete) than anywhere else. You really are clueless regarding what players that play PVP want. If some players hurt you so badly in another game you played, by ganking you repeatedly and t-bagging on your corpse, keep in mind that's not what is happening in this game. PVP is consensual here and keep in mind even those asking for open world pvp do want it to be consensual (regardless if open world pvp wouldn't work in this game)

obviously they made enough to work on "unannounced side projects" feeding like what? 100 employee with this developement work...

there is no reason for any player to worry about their income. Income is what anets leaders need to take care for. just read the business report and you know that they are fine.

and even if not and they one day go bankrupt the world will still turn and go on. alot players will realise that having more time and money spare is not such a bad thing ;)

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> This cannot be any further from the truth.

Experiences vary, but that does not take away from the truth as other have had to deal with. I, too, have had this happen in other games that allow OWPvE

> Yes there are some vocal players asking for open world PVP (usually to duel with others, not to "kill beginners") but not all PVP players want that, they want a mode that gets developer attention with new mechanics, new game modes, new maps, new rewards. And of course proper balance because balance is far more important in PVP (where people compete) than anywhere else. You really are clueless regarding what players that play PVP want.

I agree. If PvP is to remain viable in GW2, then the developers should give it more attention. I don't believe that adding PvP to OW is the right answer when there already exists a mode for PvP. I would certainly advocate for the developers to improve the existing set up.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > This cannot be any further from the truth.

> Experiences vary, but that does not take away from the truth as other have had to deal with. I, too, have had this happen in other games that allow OWPvE

Are there players who want OWPVP? Maybe. Are there players who want OWPVP to harass beginners? Again, maybe. But you can't possibly know what an entire segment of THIS game's playerbase (those who play PVP) want based on your experiences in another game. Furthermore, are you absolutely certain in those other games that -everyone that PVPed- was killing and harassing beginners and then t-bag on their corpse? Or was a segment of the playerbase -again-? Because I've seen players like that, but it's not everywhere in any game that I've played, so again labeling an entire segment of a community in any way isn't justified in any way or form.

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > This cannot be any further from the truth.

> > Experiences vary, but that does not take away from the truth as other have had to deal with. I, too, have had this happen in other games that allow OWPvE

>

> Are there players who want OWPVP? Maybe. Are there players who want OWPVP to harass beginners? Again, maybe. But you can't possibly know what an entire segment of THIS game's playerbase (those who play PVP) want based on your experiences in another game. Furthermore, are you absolutely certain in those other games that -everyone that PVPed- was killing and harassing beginners and then t-bag on their corpse? Or was a segment of the playerbase -again-? Because I've seen players like that, but it's not everywhere in any game that I've played, so again labeling an entire segment of a community in any way isn't justified in any way or form.

No, it's not everywhere but apparently it is common enough of a phenomenon that people have pointed it out on this forum as reasons against OWPvP. Again, there already exists a PvP section in GW2. PvP does not need to be in open world. Should the developers spend more resources on PvP? Probably, but then they will focus most of their efforts on what will bring them the most gain which doesn't seem like PvP.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > This cannot be any further from the truth.

> > > Experiences vary, but that does not take away from the truth as other have had to deal with. I, too, have had this happen in other games that allow OWPvE

> >

> > Are there players who want OWPVP? Maybe. Are there players who want OWPVP to harass beginners? Again, maybe. But you can't possibly know what an entire segment of THIS game's playerbase (those who play PVP) want based on your experiences in another game. Furthermore, are you absolutely certain in those other games that -everyone that PVPed- was killing and harassing beginners and then t-bag on their corpse? Or was a segment of the playerbase -again-? Because I've seen players like that, but it's not everywhere in any game that I've played, so again labeling an entire segment of a community in any way isn't justified in any way or form.

>

> No, it's not everywhere but apparently it is common enough of a phenomenon that people have pointed it out on this forum as reasons against OWPvP. Again, there already exists a PvP section in GW2. PvP does not need to be in open world. Should the developers spend more resources on PvP? Probably, but then they will focus most of their efforts on what will bring them the most gain which doesn't seem like PvP.

I'm not sure why you bring up the need for open world pvp, again. I even said in my first post that I don't think open world pvp should exist in this game, which you omitted from your first reply. My only response was to what @Yggranya.5201 mentioned:

> The real thing people who play PvP want is to get open world PvP forced on everyone so they can kitten beginners and t-bag their corpses or something similiar."

Assuming that all, those who play PVP, want is Open World PvP forced on everyone. Which I disagreed with.

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > The real thing people who play PvP want is to get open world PvP forced on everyone so they can kitten beginners and t-bag their corpses or something similiar.

>

> This cannot be any further from the truth. Yes there are some vocal players asking for open world PVP (usually to duel with others, not to "kill beginners") but not all PVP players want that, they want a mode that gets developer attention with new mechanics, new game modes, new maps, new rewards. And of course proper balance because balance is far more important in PVP (where people compete) than anywhere else. You really are clueless regarding what players that play PVP want. If some players hurt you so badly in another game you played, by ganking you repeatedly and t-bagging on your corpse, keep in mind that's not what is happening in this game. PVP is consensual here and keep in mind even those asking for open world pvp do want it to be consensual (regardless if open world pvp wouldn't work in this game)

Pvp balance, when combined with PvE balance always ruins PvE. If PvE ruins PvP that is only because of raids existing. As i'm sure everyone knows, you can't have balance when they are all combined. Maybe it's easier for the people in charge of balance changes in the beginning but it always gets worse and worse. The only way for it not to be a problem for the people who are in charge of balancing the game is to simply ignore it for months/years.

It's not hard to guess what people want in PvP, they always pretend they want "challenge" but they also always use metas and every exploit available to make it easier to win in the easiest and fastest way possible. Pretty funny actually that it's the exact same as all the raiders.

I have never done open world PvP in any game because it's obviously stupid, because, like all PvP, it brings the worst out in people, but we all know this.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> It's not hard to guess what people want in PvP, they always pretend they want "challenge" but they also always use metas and every exploit available to make it easier to win in the easiest and fastest way possible. Pretty funny actually that it's the exact same as all the raiders.

> I have never done open world PvP in any game because it's obviously stupid, because, like all PvP, it brings the worst out in people, but we all know this.

Right... you seem to know everything about what people want in the game, be it pvp or raids. You've got it all figured out. Still completely wrong but you can believe whatever you want.

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > It's not hard to guess what people want in PvP, they always pretend they want "challenge" but they also always use metas and every exploit available to make it easier to win in the easiest and fastest way possible. Pretty funny actually that it's the exact same as all the raiders.

> > I have never done open world PvP in any game because it's obviously stupid, because, like all PvP, it brings the worst out in people, but we all know this.

>

> Right... you seem to know everything about what people want in the game, be it pvp or raids. You've got it all figured out. Still completely wrong but you can believe whatever you want.

Seeing is believing.

the fact remains that raids are added for a small minority, both because only a small minority likes it and because many players were scared away from them because of DPS creeps.

PvP however, seems to be quite a popular part of the game, i personally hate it but that doesn't mean others don't like it.

anyway, i don't think they are to good for us, more that they try to satisfy the players still playing while hiding the shortcomings from this game.

we all know this game is a CPU hag, eating away power simply because the game was never build to handle multiple cores.

we also all know that changing engine will only waste their time, all they can do is update the current system but that still takes allot of time.

the problem here is that we have a spoiled bunch of players playing this game, expecting X to happen within a week or month.

if they would update this game, i would wait for a new update for about 1-2 years, if that means having a better game in the end with both DX9 and DX12 support i am all for it.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> the fact remains that raids are added for a small minority, both because only a small minority likes it and because many players were scared away from them because of DPS creeps.

> PvP however, seems to be quite a popular part of the game, i personally hate it but that doesn't mean others don't like it.

>

> anyway, i don't think they are to good for us, more that they try to satisfy the players still playing while hiding the shortcomings from this game.

> we all know this game is a CPU kitten, eating away power simply because the game was never build to handle multiple cores.

> we also all know that changing engine will only waste their time, all they can do is update the current system but that still takes allot of time.

> the problem here is that we have a spoiled bunch of players playing this game, expecting X to happen within a week or month.

> if they would update this game, i would wait for a new update for about 1-2 years, if that means having a better game in the end with both DX9 and DX12 support i am all for it.

they bit their own tail with the introduction of HoT, PoF and massive amounts of aoe conditions and later with the huge condition update wich added even more conditions with longer duration.