Omg the Demodog skin!

I’m so happy to see this new jackal skin, I think all Stranger Things Fans will enjoy this Demodog (Mordrem Alpha Jackal) skin!

Also I've been believing that Stranger Things concept artist is a GW2 player and got inspired by the Mordrem creatures when design the demodog XP

And recently Anet has reduced the price of premium mount skin from 2000 to 1600, thanks for that!

![](https://i.imgur.com/tCZ3oZm.jpg "")

It's a very nice mordrem skin that is like the foes we meet in dry top/silverwastes. Really good job. Can't unsee it now but the face remind me a little flower called Flowey. If I'm right stranger things started in 2016 so those were firstly made by Anet. Just before HoT in 2014 . In all cases, with good dyes it can looks boneskinner-ish.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> It's a very nice mordrem skin that is like the foes we meet in dry top/silverwastes. Really good job. Can't unsee it now but the face remind me a little flower called Flowey. If I'm right stranger things started in 2016 so those were firstly made by Anet. Just before HoT in 2014 . In all cases, with good dyes it can looks boneskinner-ish.

Are you talking about Undertale's Flowey? If so, now I can't unsee it, lol.

> @"Hoover.6394" said:

>

> I’m so happy to see this new jackal skin, I think all Stranger Things Fab will enjoy this Demodog (Mordrem Alpha Jackal) skin! And recently Anet has reduced the price of premium mount skin from 2000 to 1600, thanks for that!

Yes, I love this skin! Thank you, Anet, for giving us a long hoped-for mordrem mount! It dyes pretty well, and the pollen effect is a great touch.

As for lore, it also makes it very clear, for those of us who were too distracted to look at mordrem wolves while trying to stay alive, just how the mordrem wolves were constructed as a mix of flesh and plant corruption.

Two thumbs up! :)

> @"Tsakhi.8124" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > It's a very nice mordrem skin that is like the foes we meet in dry top/silverwastes. Really good job. Can't unsee it now but the face remind me a little flower called Flowey. If I'm right stranger things started in 2016 so those were firstly made by Anet. Just before HoT in 2014 . In all cases, with good dyes it can looks boneskinner-ish.

>

> Are you talking about Undertale's Flowey? If so, now I can't unsee it, lol.

yeah undertale flowey, its face just before the red alarm and starting omega flowey fight. Argh it's called alpha mordrem, would have made a joke if it was omega. But still, greek letters. Curious to see it with skull head dyed white and the flower mane in yellow.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

>Curious to see it with skull head dyed white and the flower mane in yellow

You can't dye the skull, FYI. It's always just bone-colored. The dye channels are for 1) the body, 2) the plant-y stuff on the spine, 3) the outer edge of the flower, and 4) the inner part of the flower, the "tongue," and the pollen particle effect.

Oh, YESS! Thank you Anet this is PERFECTION!

As for inspiration, I've always been under the impression it was inspired by (spoilers ahead) the kennel scene in the movie "The Thing", where the "dog's" face peels away from the skull in that exact flower pattern. And in the movie "The Thing from Another World" which was based on the same novel, the alien is plant-based. Considering how the Mordrem operate, I don't think it's too little to speculate if someone was inspired by this movie. Clearly Stranger Things was making a deliberate reference though, since the poster for the John Carpenter version is rather put on display in the backdrop.

> @"Amy of Darkness.5248" said:

> Oh, YESS! Thank you Anet this is PERFECTION!

> As for inspiration, I've always been under the impression it was inspired by (spoilers ahead) the kennel scene in the movie "The Thing", where the "dog's" face peels away from the skull in that exact flower pattern. And in the movie "The Thing from Another World" which was based on the same novel, the alien is plant-based. Considering how the Mordrem operate, I don't think it's too little to speculate if someone was inspired by this movie. Clearly Stranger Things was making a deliberate reference though, since the poster for the John Carpenter version is rather put on display in the backdrop.

The fact that you are familiar with the "The Thing From Another World" makes you a Sci-Fi 1%'er in my book :+1:

Skin is pretty, fun and really resembling Demogorgon a little bit :)

I recently started wtaching Stranger Things with my friend and we just competed s1. I was scared of Demogorgon all the time and he was like "come on... he's just a lonely demon, I actually pity him". Can you believe him? :open_mouth:

I love it so much!

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> kinda lazy in my book, not original nor a new model, they could just as much add the other tons of models that ppl have asked for.

Tbh imo it is not lazy of them per se, but rather clever. Using old models as mount skins is a rather immversive and fun solution.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> kinda lazy in my book, not original nor a new model, they could just as much add the other tons of models that ppl have asked for.

It actually is a new model. Or at least a redesigned model. Though the head, tails, and legs are the same the body, especially around the stomach area, is completely changed - had to be done so that a player model can sit on it.

It's also a clever way to create skins that retroactively fit in the world, similar to the Exalted skins.

Besides, players have been wanting things like Sylvan Hound, Mordrem Mount, and Mistfire Wolf skins for their own mounts. This is a step towards that idea.

I'm note sure whether to be happy or sad. On one hand I really wanted some Sylvari centric mount skins. On the other hand I already have the Primal Spirit for Jackal and was hoping for a Fern Hound if it has to be a Jackal skin.

I'm hoping we will see more existing creatures repurposed into mount skins in the future.

> @"mezuzel.4987" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> >Curious to see it with skull head dyed white and the flower mane in yellow

>

> You can't dye the skull, FYI. It's always just bone-colored. The dye channels are for 1) the body, 2) the plant-y stuff on the spine, 3) the outer edge of the flower, and 4) the inner part of the flower, the "tongue," and the pollen particle effect.

I'm really disappointed with the dye channels. I'm one of the people who have been hoping for sylvari/mordrem mounts for ages, but with the undyable skull I don't think there's a lot I could do with it. I wish it would dye the same colour as the body.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> I can see the appeal but its a hard pass for me on this one....

> I can't even recall the last time I used my jackal...

I actually prefer jackal than raptor, cos it: 1- good for more dodging, 2 - moves better when toward uphill, 3 - good for avoid fall damage

> @"Hoover.6394" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > I can see the appeal but its a hard pass for me on this one....

> > I can't even recall the last time I used my jackal...

>

> I actually prefer jackal than raptor, cos it: 1- good for more dodging, 2 - moves better when toward uphill, 3 - good for avoid fall damage

I typically am on my skyscale. Nowadays I'm only on other mounts when I am in a spot that absolutely requires it. If this was a warclaw skin then I may start looking at my funds.

> @"Udolpho.1209" said:

> I love it, very long awaited. The roar was a nice touch. One complaint is the teleport and mount/dismount seem lacklustre compared to other mounts of this calibre.

it's 1600 gem skin, maybe that's why it's slightly cheaper