Upcoming patch sees major buffs to Necromancers

aaron.7850

They already top the damage meters in wvw by four fold compared to any other classes. And they are getting major buffs and cool-down reductions to their godly AOEs and shades.

Those classes and builds that perform badly in wvw are left untouched.

I am in utter disbelief, and unless we speak out they just wont give a rat's ass about wvw and the disgusting scourge meta we are in right now.

sadly, you will not get any help. i have already seen necro players posts how all this is a nerf....

but however.

wvw will be firebrands and scourges again, like it was for years after pof. the necros mains will not ever see a problem, because pve and open world reasons... no way you see certain necro mains posting regulary in this forum, how Arenanet did it wrong again in this case. Nimon? Where are you? All justified, because other classes have higher damadge numbers fighting a golem...

I’m a scourge player and have adapted well to our f skills being limited on location of necro or placed shade. Although I’m happy to have placement at both locations back- I feel these changes will drive many people away. Overall the health of the game mode and population is more important than giving us our dbl dmg/barrier locations back imo.

> @"Jeran.6850" said:

> sadly, you will not get any help. i have already seen necro players posts how all this is a nerf....

> but however.

> wvw will be firebrands and scourges again, like it was for years after pof. the necros mains will not ever see a problem, because pve and open world reasons... no way you see certain necro mains posting regulary in this forum, how Arenanet did it wrong again in this case. Nimon? Where are you? All justified, because other classes have higher damadge numbers fighting a golem...

I've noticed this too, necro players tend to whine that Anet hates them and that their class is garbage even if necro is one of the most powerful classes that groups can't get enough of. Rangers tend to be the same way, but necros by far seem to be the most blind to how strong their class is.

Necromancer PCs needed damage buffs in Raids only. Necromancer could also use a closer look at its sub par weapon sets ( Im looking at you, dagger, warhorn) especially from a roaming or pvp perspective.

Howvever, most players, OP included - only think of Scourge when saying 'necro'. Understandable considering their dominance in WvW.

Scourge changes coupled with well buffs they will also likely run will likely be negative to the WvW game mode as a whole - mostly due to the massive boon spam they will always be needed to remove - generated by their partner in crime, Firebrand.

Until that changes, scourge will continue to be dominant in any wvw zerg battle.

100% chance we'll see a return of the red ring of death trains, where ~75% necro trains just run straight forward while you cant get anywhere close in melee. It was basicly what killed decent zerg fights since it was impossible to counter once the train get rolling, you cant push with melee into it because you instantly die.

Then add some pretty big buffs to wells on top and no zerg will ever want to engage each other in melee.

Then add the possibility that blood bank is AoE, meaning entire zergs will have permanent 10k+ barriers (unless it has a very low cap).

# Pirate shipping is back in action baby

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> 100% chance we'll see a return of the red ring of death trains, where ~75% necro trains just run straight forward while you cant get anywhere close in melee. It was basicly what killed decent zerg fights since it was impossible to counter once the train get rolling, you cant push with melee into it because you instantly die.

>

> Then add some pretty big buffs to wells on top and no zerg will ever want to engage each other in melee.

>

> Then add the possibility that blood bank is AoE, meaning entire zergs will have permanent 10k+ barriers (unless it has a very low cap).

>

> # Pirate shipping is back in action baby

I really doubt DPS scourges are going to go Blood Magic just for that trait. Also if you want to run support, then the trait competes with Transfusion and kind of defeats the purpose of having a support Scourge in the first place. So it might have a big effect on roaming and small scale, but I really don't think it's going to be zerg meta.

A lot a professions got buffs, lets not start the necrophobia or X phobia on others before the patch even hits. Necros have always been beatable and the will be beatable again. Range them, without a pocket healer or some sort of boon bot/healing class they die very easily to CC. I really think that we should try to use are minds and come up with new builds or ask for advice or actually go play a build that seems problematic before it gets bottle time. Bottom line is, if you cant beat a necro then you need help on how to. The other thing is that Anet is very well aware of what happens when the necro has these changes , so, In any case I don't think complaining about it will help. I wish they would of done a little bit better for the teef though :/ Wheres the <3

> @"Crazy.6029" said:

> A lot a professions got buffs, lets not start the necrophobia or X phobia on others before the patch even hits. Necros have always been beatable and the will be beatable again. Range them, without a pocket healer or some sort of boon bot/healing class they die very easily to CC. I really think that we should try to use are minds and come up with new builds or ask for advice or actually go play a build that seems problematic before it gets bottle time. Bottom line is, if you cant beat a necro then you need help on how to. The other thing is that Anet is very well aware of what happens when the necro has these changes , so, In any case I don't think complaining about it will help. I wish they would of done a little bit better for the teef though :/ Wheres the <3

You make it sound like Arenanet knows what they are doing. And you clearly dont know what this thread is about, this is not about 1v1.

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> > @"Crazy.6029" said:

> > A lot a professions got buffs, lets not start the necrophobia or X phobia on others before the patch even hits. Necros have always been beatable and the will be beatable again. Range them, without a pocket healer or some sort of boon bot/healing class they die very easily to CC. I really think that we should try to use are minds and come up with new builds or ask for advice or actually go play a build that seems problematic before it gets bottle time. Bottom line is, if you cant beat a necro then you need help on how to. The other thing is that Anet is very well aware of what happens when the necro has these changes , so, In any case I don't think complaining about it will help. I wish they would of done a little bit better for the teef though :/ Wheres the <3

>

> You make it sound like Arenanet knows what they are doing. And you clearly dont know what this thread is about, this is not about 1v1.

Oh, ok. I thought this thread was about starting some kind of necrophobia because you or your grp don't know how to handle them in large scale fights. The casted shades are still stationary. The necros that push are still killable especailly with all the cleanses/ heal/boon spam that is out right now. I guess I just don't understand your problem. I hope somebody else will be able to help you so you or your grp won't have the problems with them. Good luck man =) <3

> @"Crazy.6029" said:

> A lot a professions got buffs, lets not start the necrophobia or X phobia on others before the patch even hits. Necros have always been beatable and the will be beatable again. Range them, without a pocket healer or some sort of boon bot/healing class they die very easily to CC. I really think that we should try to use are minds and come up with new builds or ask for advice or actually go play a build that seems problematic before it gets bottle time. Bottom line is, if you cant beat a necro then you need help on how to. The other thing is that Anet is very well aware of what happens when the necro has these changes , so, In any case I don't think complaining about it will help. I wish they would of done a little bit better for the teef though :/ Wheres the <3

Ahhh yes. The 30 scourges supported by 20 Firebrands die easily to CC.

I just go melee with my Hammer Warrior and...

Oh wait! They Bomb now at Range and Melee again.

Damn.

Two words: TONE DEAF

Example?

Anet buffs a class that doesn't really need it (necro) while basically doing NOTHING to improve a set of skills they ADMIT have fallen behind in terms of effectiveness (engi pistols). I can only imagine the havoc a new set of specializations are going to cause if they can't even deal what they currently have. I think I may follow a good friend of mine and take a break from the game for a while..

How can ppl be wait and see on this we had this happen before the ground was nothing but red rings and it was massive pirate ship. And due to the lack of forethought from anet we are going to have the full 10 target version anty melee low cd of scorge .

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > 100% chance we'll see a return of the red ring of death trains, where ~75% necro trains just run straight forward while you cant get anywhere close in melee. It was basicly what killed decent zerg fights since it was impossible to counter once the train get rolling, you cant push with melee into it because you instantly die.

> >

> > Then add some pretty big buffs to wells on top and no zerg will ever want to engage each other in melee.

> >

> > Then add the possibility that blood bank is AoE, meaning entire zergs will have permanent 10k+ barriers (unless it has a very low cap).

> >

> > # Pirate shipping is back in action baby

>

> I really doubt DPS scourges are going to go Blood Magic just for that trait. Also if you want to run support, then the trait competes with Transfusion and kind of defeats the purpose of having a support Scourge in the first place. So it might have a big effect on roaming and small scale, but I really don't think it's going to be zerg meta.

It has nothing to do with support and bloodbank does not compete with transfusion. They will go blood even when dps - having wells traited will be a huge bonus as well. The thing is, we dont know how bloodbank works. If it works like vampiric rituals which is an AoE buff to allies, **then oh boy**. Let me just make it clear what it means:

# All overhealing in the zerg will become barrier on anyone with the buff and each necro give it to 5 people.

If you cant see how **insane** thats gonna be for already overwhelming zergs I dont know what to say. You wont even be able to damage zergs anymore as anything less than an even bigger zerg. We already saw something similar on PoF release when scourges ran barrier traits and vomitted them everywhere.

Maybe Anet thought about it and added limitations, maybe they didnt. Maybe its for the necro only and not AoE. Going by shade change they dont seem to have thought about WvW at all.

Dang... I was actually starting to enjoy zerging again. Necro has always been one of my favorite classes, but I still hated those red circle blobs. Makes playing a melee build in a zerg extremely unpleasant. And if that new blood magic trait really is aoe, oof.

> @"Jeran.6850" said:

> sadly, you will not get any help. i have already seen necro players posts how all this is a nerf....

Not a single necro player says this brought back scourge AOE idiocy is a nerf. You should really start to look what people actually say.

The new signet mechanic is a nerf and Dread (new) is redundant (useless and sub par). They just messed up the Spite traitline. And breaking news: this has nothing to do with large scale scourges.

There is a small probability that Blood Bank is triggered by all incoming heals, which would be completely dumb and broken and if this is the case, then the trait will be nerfed to self heals withing the blink of an eye anyway.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Jeran.6850" said:

> > sadly, you will not get any help. i have already seen necro players posts how all this is a nerf....

> Not a single necro player says this brought back scourge AOE idiocy is a nerf. You should really start to look what people actually say.

>

> The new signet mechanic is a nerf and Dread (new) is redundant (useless and sub par). They just messed up the Spite traitline. And breaking news: this has nothing to do with large scale scourges.

>

> There is a small probability that Blood Bank is triggered by all incoming heals, which would be completely dumb and broken and if this is the case, then the trait will be nerfed to self heals withing the blink of an eye anyway.

Firebrand heals

Herald/ventari heals

scrapper heals

Other socurges heals

:)