We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> The point here is it's another option. I know many have not done pve hell, ive only done it this year and I see so many good mechanic that should be made applicable in wvw. Hoping it will overlap.

> The point here is it's another option. I know many have not done pve hell, ive only done it this year and I see so many good mechanic that should be made applicable in wvw. Hoping it will overlap.

Make it interesting. The pvp folk get a copper for a kill. The pve folks get a gold for each hit.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aaron Forestman.4758" said:

> I've seen your average WvW build. Drop by the Aerodrome sometime and we PvE'ers will happily show you what actual damage is like ;)

Ive seen how quick your average pve build drops dead, just saying.

Dont need 30k dps to kill someone with ~15k hp.

Initially I thought about something like the Dark Zone in The Division 1/2 and how cool that would be.

Then I remembered the abysmal balancing and cheese level of certain builds in GW2 and to which kind of "gameplay" that would lead in such a zone.

So, forget it!

If you are a Destiny 2 player, I could see this game getting a Gambit style of arena. For those not familiar with it, it's 2 sides doing PvE events in different maps racing to defeat a boss and at intervals a player from each side can cross over into the other and directly attack the other team as they are fighting the elements. It's a good mix of PvE & PvP.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or wow?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > > >

> > > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > >

> > > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> > >

> > > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> >

> > Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

> >

> > Basically like this thread.

>

> Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

>

> I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.

No side c. We got wvwv for that.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> If you are a Destiny 2 player, I could see this game getting a Gambit style of arena. For those not familiar with it, it's 2 sides doing PvE events in different maps racing to defeat a boss and at intervals a player from each side can cross over into the other and directly attack the other team as they are fighting the elements. It's a good mix of PvE & PvP.

I haven't played destiny 2. But seems good graphics. My old guild mates went there

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:> That's why it's the players choice to go into a pk instance. If you go there, you'll know you're prone to being pk'd.

>

I doubt many PvE players will choose to go into that instance.

In the end, you will end up in there with the same people you meet in WvW. May as well scrap the idea and stay in WvW maps.

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > >

> > > > > Or wow?

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > >

> > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > >

> > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> >

> > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

>

> Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

>

> Basically like this thread.

Blade & Soul is kinda like that, too, where if you rep one faction you can be attacked by players from the other pretty much anywhere.

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Or wow?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > > >

> > > > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> > > >

> > > > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> > >

> > > Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

> > >

> > > Basically like this thread.

> >

> > Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

> >

> > I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.

>

> No side c. We got wvwv for that.

Yet again, the devs said no.

“The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP,

You want open world pvp? “We got wvwv for that”.

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:> That's why it's the players choice to go into a pk instance. If you go there, you'll know you're prone to being pk'd.

> >

>

> I doubt many PvE players will choose to go into that instance.

>

> In the end, you will end up in there with the same people you meet in WvW. May as well scrap the idea and stay in WvW maps.

Exactly this. If PvE players who don't like PvP have a choice, they won't go where PvP could happen, not even for triple rewards. Oh! Oh! I can get *six* blues and *three* greens if I put myself in the way of another player who likes to make me paranoid and tense! If they don't have a choice, which is the only way you'll get the target-rich environment for which you advocate, they'll follow the sage advice from an old movie. "The only way to win is not to play the game." And you *still* won't get your targets.

I've done WvW when I had something I wanted from it. Even enjoyed it in short bursts when there was a good commander to follow. It doesn't scare me. But I don't find it a fun use of my time, or what makes the game fun for me. I like helping other players, not fighting them.

So you want there to be a time of the month when PvE players have to deal with PKers? "It's that time of the month" will take on a whole new meaning with the exact same Do Not Want feeling. Maybe PvE players can have that time to go freely take objectives in PvP maps while immune to all damage and any PKer that signed into the gank instance get dishonor stacked for each objective taken. (This may not make sense, I know, as I'm not well versed in the PvP systems of the game). Sounds about as fun for the PKers as their attacks are for the PvE'ers.

Just my two cents. I'm not feeling very riled up, since I know ANet will never do anything remotely like the OP requests.

Wouldn't it be better to ask ANet to revamp WvW, the _existing_ mass PvP mode, instead of throwing away WvW (which this proposal, if implemented, could result in) in favor of something new? If the assumption is that ANet does not have the desire or resources to make significant changes to WvW, why do you think they will spend significant resources on a new mode which for all practical purposes targets the same demographic?

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> Wouldn't it be better to ask ANet to revamp WvW, the _existing_ mass PvP mode, instead of throwing away WvW (which this proposal, if implemented, could result in) in favor of something new? If the assumption is that ANet does not have the desire or resources to make significant changes to WvW, why do you think they will spend significant resources on a new mode which for all practical purposes targets the same demographic?

I didn't ask wvw to be thrown away. And wvw isn't going to be revamped any time soon. That is a good suggestion but should be a topic of a different thread

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Or wow?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> > > > >

> > > > > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> > > >

> > > > Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

> > > >

> > > > Basically like this thread.

> > >

> > > Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

> > >

> > > I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.

> >

> > No side c. We got wvwv for that.

>

> Yet again, the devs said no.

>

> “The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP,

>

> You want open world pvp? “We got wvwv for that”.

>

>

>

>

>

No devs replied here yet. So to correct you, the devs said nothing.

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Or wow?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically like this thread.

> > > >

> > > > Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

> > > >

> > > > I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.

> > >

> > > No side c. We got wvwv for that.

> >

> > Yet again, the devs said no.

> >

> > “The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP,

> >

> > You want open world pvp? “We got wvwv for that”.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> No devs replied here yet. So to correct you, the devs said nothing.

im sure the forum mods, and the few devs that check the forums (all sections) have seen your thread and the other few duplicate threads you made with the same title and post... **why haven't they replied?** → **because it goes against the design decision for the game**. they wont change it just for you, even if a few here partially or fully agree with you.

**you want a mode like this?** then rally majority (more than half, shout on every map, go to EU and US region ask them to come with you) of the active playerbase and get them to post their agreement with you and demand on the forums. **then there will be a chance they do this.** but still unlikely

devs have listened to majority's demands and do bend (with a big chance they wont) if enough data (if something is broken, something is op, something needs to be done) is gathered and complaints/demands are voiced. **neither of which you have**.

> > @"Aaron Forestman.4758" said:

> > I've seen your average WvW build. Drop by the Aerodrome sometime and we PvE'ers will happily show you what actual damage is like ;)

>

> :3 I'm sure your damage will dent my minstrel.

So you want to invade with something that does 0 damage. Why not bring a class that can kill players if you want to player kill that badly.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > @"Aaron Forestman.4758" said:

> > > I've seen your average WvW build. Drop by the Aerodrome sometime and we PvE'ers will happily show you what actual damage is like ;)

> >

> > :3 I'm sure your damage will dent my minstrel.

>

> So you want to invade with something that does 0 damage. Why not bring a class that can kill players if you want to player kill that badly.

:3 oh I run all zerk now now a days. Gone were the days of pure minstrel. :/

It's just now kill all before they recover

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Or wow?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Basically like this thread.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.

> > > >

> > > > No side c. We got wvwv for that.

> > >

> > > Yet again, the devs said no.

> > >

> > > “The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP,

> > >

> > > You want open world pvp? “We got wvwv for that”.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No devs replied here yet. So to correct you, the devs said nothing.

>

> im sure the forum mods, and the few devs that check the forums (all sections) have seen your thread and the other few duplicate threads you made with the same title and post... **why haven't they replied?** → **because it goes against the design decision for the game**. they wont change it just for you, even if a few here partially or fully agree with you.

>

> **you want a mode like this?** then rally majority (more than half, shout on every map, go to EU and US region ask them to come with you) of the active playerbase and get them to post their agreement with you and demand on the forums. **then there will be a chance they do this.** but still unlikely

>

> devs have listened to majority's demands and do bend (with a big chance they wont) if enough data (if something is broken, something is op, something needs to be done) is gathered and complaints/demands are voiced. **neither of which you have**.

No. :3 I can't convince you to like this idea. But I don't have to agree with you either. And vice versa.

Devs may eventually like this. I mean our suggestion for the most recent patch was applied in pve. :3

> @"Bristingr.5034" said:

> > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> >

> > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

>

> We already have that available 24/7. It's called WvW.

This is this that is that. Not the same.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Nah, the game doesn't need PvP in PvE. It has PvP in PvP and PvP in WvW. If you want to gank people there are so many other games for you that have fully realised your idea.

I think you misunderstand what Sovereign is suggesting... and I sympathise, because it's taken me three forum pages to work it out!

I think the idea is a PvE map, on a rotating basis, of which there is a PvP version which you can opt into. The PvE version of the map would still be there and PvE players who can't be doing with PvP would be safeguarded and not forced into anything they don't want to do. This would just allow WvWer's to have a different arena to fight in with PvE mechanics; understandably some may be bored by the same old few maps that WvW has.

I'm not against that idea in principle, but my stance on this is the same as my stance on player housing, that being that I don't want to see Dev time wasted on something when they could be developing things of more interest to me. Selfish viewpoint, sure, but there it is.