Should Guild Wars 2 rename to Necro Wars 2?

Domenak.7904

Don't you guys feel like ArenaNet (or should i say NecroNet?) loves only one class in this game? :D

The next update is basically a nerf to every classes and a buff to the scourge which is already the best class in WvW. I'll say that 30% of WvW players are necros.

Im playing some PvP too (Gold 2 rank) and i see that there's always minimum 3 4 necro players in the game. So basically let's be honest around 25% of players are playing necro.

Once i saw this video, it was some raid run and the whole group was composed of necromancers... 10 necros doing the boss without any trouble. Maybe it's not the most optimal composition (right now, maybe on the next update it will be who knows :D) but they did it !!!

When i started gw2 in 2012, necro was the worst and least played class, now necro is the most played class, the most viable, with a loooot of viable builds for every game modes.

So is that what ArenaNet wants? Do they want us to play only necromancers? Or maybe it's just some weird fetish from the developpers? :D I guess it would be easier to balance the game if we only play one class, what do you guys think? Would you play Necro Wars 2?

I hate to be "that guy", bud, but this game is 5% about wvw/Pvp and 95% about pve, where Necro Is a complete meme with all the nerfs it has been getting.

Moreover, guard and Necro have always been the backbone of every wvw squad composition in large scale fights since the game came out. If you talk about the incoming shade rework, there are plenty of similar threads on this

95% of the game is PvE? :D what PvE? You mean Tarir Meta event? You don't have to worry i bet we can do the octolianes with 50 necros :D And tbh last raid was added 1 year ago, same for fractals, idk i feel like PvE is pretty much dead right now

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> No, Guild Wars 2 is still Guild Wars 2 for 99% of the PvE content.

>

> But WvW might as well be called "**Fiery Scourgelands: Floor is Lava Mode**" once the patch goes live today with all the Firebrands and Scourges in WvW zergs.

99% Of the pve content, you must be joking =) , or we are not playing the same game.

What Pve are you talking about? Fractals? Events? dungeons? The PVE that has been left out for years?

> @"Fanaticos.6473" said:

> > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > No, Guild Wars 2 is still Guild Wars 2 for 99% of the PvE content.

> >

> > But WvW might as well be called "**Fiery Scourgelands: Floor is Lava Mode**" once the patch goes live today with all the Firebrands and Scourges in WvW zergs.

>

> 99% Of the pve content, you must be joking =) , or we are not playing the same game.

>

> What Pve are you talking about? Fractals? Events? dungeons? The PVE that has been left out for years?

>

It makes sense when you realize that GW2 is now a seasonal model (LW chapters) to supplement Gem Store sales.

Can this thread be moved please???

This has nothing to do with the **whole** game. It's only for PvP/WvW and probably even only WvW.

Like it has already been said: In PvE (which is accidentally the largest game mode of this game in both player numbers, playtime and sheer content size) the Necro is your - _without a doubt_ - worst pick in the game. ... In other words: the contrast couldn't be bigger!

> @"disForm.2837" said:

> > @"melody.2601" said:

> Geez, Engineer and Revenant are truly bottom of the barrel when considering playtime. Guardian significantly ahead (too many Fb out there?) and the rest are pretty much on par.

>

>

wich kinda makes a weird sense, rev has more than one strong build to play in wvw(3 or 4 at least), and meta is scourge, fb, scrapper.

> @"Domenak.7904" said:

> Don't you guys feel like ArenaNet (or should i say NecroNet?) loves only one class in this game? :D

No, but even if they do, it's definitely not Necro.

> The next update is basically a nerf to every classes and a buff to the scourge which is already the best class in WvW. I'll say that 30% of WvW players are necros.

Nobody cares about WvW. Anet devs least of all.

> Im playing some PvP too (Gold 2 rank) and i see that there's always minimum 3 4 necro players in the game. So basically let's be honest around 25% of players are playing necro.

Sure, that one pvp player at the back of the room may be a necro, but the rest of the people in there aren't.

You are basing your whole argument on anecdotal evidence taken from content huge majority of people do not play in. Not realizing that what you see through the keyhole is completely untrue when applied to the game as a whole.

> Once i saw this video, it was some raid run and the whole group was composed of necromancers... 10 necros doing the boss without any trouble.

>Maybe it's not the most optimal composition (right now, maybe on the next update it will be who knows :D) but they did it !!!

I have seen such a video for every single class. On the other hand, do you know what is the average number of Necros in a raid squad? (hint: it's below 1). Notice, also, that the proposed changes will do nothing about Necro being at the bottom of the benchmark tables (hint: Reaper is a very subpar dps choice, but Scourge is actually far, far worse than that)

> When i started gw2 in 2012, necro was the worst and least played class, now necro is the most played class, the most viable, with a loooot of viable builds for every game modes.

Nowaday Necro is good in WvW and SPvP, but kitten in PvE. That was a case at launch, that was the case for the entirety of the game, and that is still a case now. Nothing has changed.

> So is that what ArenaNet wants? Do they want us to play only necromancers?

Definitely not. If they did, they would have buffed Necro in PvE to a level comparable with all the other classes. But that, in all the years since launch, happened only once. And it was quickly patched away, because (as it turns out) Anet decided it was a bug.