New Mount Ability - [Merged]

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > Honestly, was it so difficult of a guess?

> >

> > Did anyone say it was?

>

> Don't bother, there is always someone who likes to make controversy even on good news.

What controversy? Congratulating people for what everyone kinda figured out anyway?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > Honestly, was it so difficult of a guess?

> > >

> > > Did anyone say it was?

> >

> > Don't bother, there is always someone who likes to make controversy even on good news.

>

> What controversy? Congratulating people for what everyone kinda figured out anyway?

True story lol

Re collection, I am starting my long-postponed swimming Infusion farm, just in case. I am seeing a lot of people around the sunken chests, so I think I am not the only person thinking this will be part of the collection.

Re skins, I just want something with a tall dorsal fin, so I can be underwater and people on shore will see the JAWS fin cutting through the waves. :)

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Woohoo :D

> >

> > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> >

> > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> >

> > I have to wonder though.

> > Why this ability and why now?

> > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> >

> > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> >

> > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

>

> Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

>

> They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

I disagree for the sake of convinience. Much more convinient to have a mount that does fast travel over water surfaces AND can travel underwater, instead of having to switch mounts for those two purposes.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > Woohoo :D

> > >

> > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > >

> > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > >

> > > I have to wonder though.

> > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > >

> > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > >

> > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> >

> > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> >

> > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

>

> I've been in favour of adding mounts to the core game mastery system myself.. Warclaw being the main one as it could serve as a great end game goal for core players as well as incentive to try WvW.

> It'll also make a great starter mount as well until people reach PoF, allowing them to somewhat keep up with mounted players running events in core world etc.

>

> But yeah adding it onto the Skimmer does feel more like an after-thought.. and yea underwater hummingbirds are going to be really silly xD

> I never much liked the premium mount skins because of how they sometimes changed an entire species of mount into something else.

> Hummingbird Skimmer, Pegasus Griffon, Lizard Springger, Deer Jackel.. to name some of the worst offenders of this.

>

> At least the Peacok Raptor still is in some way a Raptor.. and the Lion Griffon has some merit too as there are depictions of winged Lion-headed Griffon creatures though usually depicted with talons for forelimbs.. in ways it's like a Hybrid between a Griffon and a Manticore.. minus the scorpion tail naturally :)

> Thankfully at least both the premium Skyscales are both still Dragons.. one more European style and the other more Joko got wasted one night and made that abomination! style xD

>

> At least the demonic Skimmer is still a skimmer I guess, but yeah hummingbird one really does make this feel like an after-thought lol

I think that's the greatest strength of the premium mounts.

In WoW there are 100's of mounts to chose from, in Guild Wars 2 we have what, 8-9?

I feel like new skins for mounts are getting a little boring now that we already have so many different options for the current species.

New animations for mounts are much more interresting that just another skin imo

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> > >

> > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > >

> > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > >

> > >

> > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > >

> > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> >

> > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> >

> > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

>

> I disagree for the sake of convinience. Much more convinient to have a mount that does fast travel over water surfaces AND can travel underwater, instead of having to switch mounts for those two purposes.

^ This. There is no need to have another mount just for underwater movements since the Skimmer can hover and dive at the same time. The Hummingbird will need a underwater mask though : D

But my fear is this :

Is this new skill going to be locked under another 100,000 achievement completion requirement in the name of new content? Seems like this is the trend now >.<

This has to be under PoF masteries, not forgetting PoF is about Mounts after all. And besides, PoF has more than enough MPs left over for it.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> So that's a RIP for swim speed infusions. Run to sell them now guys!!!!!

Things like Fractals do not allow mount ( and we have whole Aquatic one ), also fall into water and swim in WvW is an option to escape on low HP, and WvW has no Skimmer.

No need to sell anything =)

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> I disagree for the sake of convinience. Much more convinient to have a mount that does fast travel over water surfaces AND can travel underwater, instead of having to switch mounts for those two purposes.

You're not wrong there.

That's definitely a plus.

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > Woohoo :D

> > > >

> > > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > > >

> > > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > > >

> > > > I have to wonder though.

> > > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > > >

> > > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > > >

> > > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> > >

> > > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> > >

> > > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

> >

> > I've been in favour of adding mounts to the core game mastery system myself.. Warclaw being the main one as it could serve as a great end game goal for core players as well as incentive to try WvW.

> > It'll also make a great starter mount as well until people reach PoF, allowing them to somewhat keep up with mounted players running events in core world etc.

> >

> > But yeah adding it onto the Skimmer does feel more like an after-thought.. and yea underwater hummingbirds are going to be really silly xD

> > I never much liked the premium mount skins because of how they sometimes changed an entire species of mount into something else.

> > Hummingbird Skimmer, Pegasus Griffon, Lizard Springger, Deer Jackel.. to name some of the worst offenders of this.

> >

> > At least the Peacok Raptor still is in some way a Raptor.. and the Lion Griffon has some merit too as there are depictions of winged Lion-headed Griffon creatures though usually depicted with talons for forelimbs.. in ways it's like a Hybrid between a Griffon and a Manticore.. minus the scorpion tail naturally :)

> > Thankfully at least both the premium Skyscales are both still Dragons.. one more European style and the other more Joko got wasted one night and made that abomination! style xD

> >

> > At least the demonic Skimmer is still a skimmer I guess, but yeah hummingbird one really does make this feel like an after-thought lol

>

> I think that's the greatest strength of the premium mounts.

> In WoW there are 100's of mounts to chose from, in Guild Wars 2 we have what, 8-9?

> I feel like new skins for mounts are getting a little boring now that we already have so many different options for the current species.

> New animations for mounts are much more interresting that just another skin imo

I do like the extra animations, wouldn't mind even if they upgraded some of them to have different dismount effects too, the obvious being the Skyscales fire AoE's doing different effects.

Shimmewing's blue flames doing both burning and chill for example.. and the Dark Monarch's green fire doing Burn and Poison.

It would only be a small thing but it would add to the whole premium feeling.

Other effects of the top of my head would be.

Forged Warhound applying some burn damage.

Tremor Armadillo launching enemies.

Sacred Pegasus knocking down foes.

Grand Lion giving a small bit of might.

Umbral Demon Skimmer unleashing a small aoe fear.

Sun Temple Gecko unleashing a small aoe Immob

Infernal Horror Springer applying some Torment.

These effects would only be minor, few seconds at most but they would give just a tad bit more flare to these skins and make them feel just that bit more worthwhile for the price without adding too much that would make people always take them over the other skins.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > So that's a RIP for swim speed infusions. Run to sell them now guys!!!!!

>

> Things like Fractals do not allow mount ( and we have whole Aquatic one ), also fall into water and swim in WvW is an option to escape on low HP, and WvW has no Skimmer.

> No need to sell anything =)

I would never advice anyone to switch the AR or stat+9 infusion for swim speed infusion. But if you insist on doing it,you will gain nothing, because nobody else in your team will be using it, so you will have to wait for them.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"jokke.6239" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > Woohoo :D

> > > >

> > > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > > >

> > > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > > >

> > > > I have to wonder though.

> > > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > > >

> > > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > > >

> > > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> > >

> > > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> > >

> > > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

> >

> > I disagree for the sake of convinience. Much more convinient to have a mount that does fast travel over water surfaces AND can travel underwater, instead of having to switch mounts for those two purposes.

>

> You're not wrong there.

> That's definitely a plus.

>

> > @"jokke.6239" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > Woohoo :D

> > > > >

> > > > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to wonder though.

> > > > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > > > >

> > > > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > > > >

> > > > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > > > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > > > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> > > >

> > > > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

> > >

> > > I've been in favour of adding mounts to the core game mastery system myself.. Warclaw being the main one as it could serve as a great end game goal for core players as well as incentive to try WvW.

> > > It'll also make a great starter mount as well until people reach PoF, allowing them to somewhat keep up with mounted players running events in core world etc.

> > >

> > > But yeah adding it onto the Skimmer does feel more like an after-thought.. and yea underwater hummingbirds are going to be really silly xD

> > > I never much liked the premium mount skins because of how they sometimes changed an entire species of mount into something else.

> > > Hummingbird Skimmer, Pegasus Griffon, Lizard Springger, Deer Jackel.. to name some of the worst offenders of this.

> > >

> > > At least the Peacok Raptor still is in some way a Raptor.. and the Lion Griffon has some merit too as there are depictions of winged Lion-headed Griffon creatures though usually depicted with talons for forelimbs.. in ways it's like a Hybrid between a Griffon and a Manticore.. minus the scorpion tail naturally :)

> > > Thankfully at least both the premium Skyscales are both still Dragons.. one more European style and the other more Joko got wasted one night and made that abomination! style xD

> > >

> > > At least the demonic Skimmer is still a skimmer I guess, but yeah hummingbird one really does make this feel like an after-thought lol

> >

> > I think that's the greatest strength of the premium mounts.

> > In WoW there are 100's of mounts to chose from, in Guild Wars 2 we have what, 8-9?

> > I feel like new skins for mounts are getting a little boring now that we already have so many different options for the current species.

> > New animations for mounts are much more interresting that just another skin imo

>

> I do like the extra animations, wouldn't mind even if they upgraded some of them to have different dismount effects too, the obvious being the Skyscales fire AoE's doing different effects.

> Shimmewing's blue flames doing both burning and chill for example.. and the Dark Monarch's green fire doing Burn and Poison.

> It would only be a small thing but it would add to the whole premium feeling.

>

> Other effects of the top of my head would be.

> Forged Warhound applying some burn damage.

> Tremor Armadillo launching enemies.

> Sacred Pegasus knocking down foes.

> Grand Lion giving a small bit of might.

> Umbral Demon Skimmer unleashing a small aoe fear.

> Sun Temple Gecko unleashing a small aoe Immob

> Infernal Horror Springer applying some Torment.

>

> These effects would only be minor, few seconds at most but they would give just a tad bit more flare to these skins and make them feel just that bit more worthwhile for the price without adding too much that would make people always take them over the other skins.

Even though these effects would be cool they would ignite the "pay to win" rants as they would create an advantage, however small, for purchasing premium mounts. Please add more visual effects but not buffs.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

>

> I would never advice anyone to switch the AR or stat+9 infusion for swim speed infusion. But if you insist on doing it,you will gain nothing, because nobody else in your team will be using it, so you will have to wait for them.

Actually, recent Aquatic Ruins rework implore you to have +20 swim speed. fast Swim from one Elite Krait to another during boss fight, gives better chances not to die to instabilities.

When doing Fish part, while having +20 swim speed atleast, non of Krait can even hit you and you will be fast and first to activate checkpoint and /gg your team in.

While doing Dark Cave part with glowing corals under +20 swim speed, single coral will be enough for you to swim from point to point without getting hit by piranhas.

And in WvW Swim Speed infusion stack with any other movement speed signets or traits ( doing same with Fractal's Mobility Potions actually ), giving you advantage in chase or escape.

Also Swim Speed infusions still adding underwater movement speed to 'in combat' situation nullifying the penalty and allowing to reach the cap.

Sadly, people prefer to be annoyed by Aquatic Ruins instead of using +20 swim speed :tongue:

> @"BlackBullWings.2734" said:

> Good to know hummingbirds can breathe underwater.

> Jokes aside, glad it was what everyone guessed it was. this is going to make underwater content a lot more fun to traverse through imo

I think this skin will be surrounded by big Bubble while underwater.

If that will be actual thing, it will be fun.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > @"jokke.6239" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > Woohoo :D

> > > > >

> > > > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to wonder though.

> > > > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > > > >

> > > > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > > > >

> > > > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > > > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > > > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> > > >

> > > > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

> > >

> > > I disagree for the sake of convinience. Much more convinient to have a mount that does fast travel over water surfaces AND can travel underwater, instead of having to switch mounts for those two purposes.

> >

> > You're not wrong there.

> > That's definitely a plus.

> >

> > > @"jokke.6239" said:

> > > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > Woohoo :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have to wonder though.

> > > > > > Why this ability and why now?

> > > > > > Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

> > > > > > Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

> > > > > > And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah, I was really hoping underwater would get it's own mount.

> > > > > Feels weird to add underwater to a mount that was not indicated at all previously to be aquatic (and no, looking similar to a manta ray does not mean it is aquatic)

> > > > > And there is very clearly non-aquatic skins for it too. How is my hummingbird supposed to function underwater?

> > > > >

> > > > > They would have had much better design and mechanic options with a new mount instead of just tacking it onto skimmer like a poor afterthought. And if they didn't want to wait for the next expansion to add it, they could have been attached to the core game, using core mastery points, as it isn't used to progress in any story instances.

> > > >

> > > > I've been in favour of adding mounts to the core game mastery system myself.. Warclaw being the main one as it could serve as a great end game goal for core players as well as incentive to try WvW.

> > > > It'll also make a great starter mount as well until people reach PoF, allowing them to somewhat keep up with mounted players running events in core world etc.

> > > >

> > > > But yeah adding it onto the Skimmer does feel more like an after-thought.. and yea underwater hummingbirds are going to be really silly xD

> > > > I never much liked the premium mount skins because of how they sometimes changed an entire species of mount into something else.

> > > > Hummingbird Skimmer, Pegasus Griffon, Lizard Springger, Deer Jackel.. to name some of the worst offenders of this.

> > > >

> > > > At least the Peacok Raptor still is in some way a Raptor.. and the Lion Griffon has some merit too as there are depictions of winged Lion-headed Griffon creatures though usually depicted with talons for forelimbs.. in ways it's like a Hybrid between a Griffon and a Manticore.. minus the scorpion tail naturally :)

> > > > Thankfully at least both the premium Skyscales are both still Dragons.. one more European style and the other more Joko got wasted one night and made that abomination! style xD

> > > >

> > > > At least the demonic Skimmer is still a skimmer I guess, but yeah hummingbird one really does make this feel like an after-thought lol

> > >

> > > I think that's the greatest strength of the premium mounts.

> > > In WoW there are 100's of mounts to chose from, in Guild Wars 2 we have what, 8-9?

> > > I feel like new skins for mounts are getting a little boring now that we already have so many different options for the current species.

> > > New animations for mounts are much more interresting that just another skin imo

> >

> > I do like the extra animations, wouldn't mind even if they upgraded some of them to have different dismount effects too, the obvious being the Skyscales fire AoE's doing different effects.

> > Shimmewing's blue flames doing both burning and chill for example.. and the Dark Monarch's green fire doing Burn and Poison.

> > It would only be a small thing but it would add to the whole premium feeling.

> >

> > Other effects of the top of my head would be.

> > Forged Warhound applying some burn damage.

> > Tremor Armadillo launching enemies.

> > Sacred Pegasus knocking down foes.

> > Grand Lion giving a small bit of might.

> > Umbral Demon Skimmer unleashing a small aoe fear.

> > Sun Temple Gecko unleashing a small aoe Immob

> > Infernal Horror Springer applying some Torment.

> >

> > These effects would only be minor, few seconds at most but they would give just a tad bit more flare to these skins and make them feel just that bit more worthwhile for the price without adding too much that would make people always take them over the other skins.

>

> Even though these effects would be cool they would ignite the "pay to win" rants as they would create an advantage, however small, for purchasing premium mounts. Please add more visual effects but not buffs.

Yeah they probably would.

Though lets be real.. anyone who genuinely thinks that it is really "pay2win" would be seriously stretching to make a valid argument out of it.

Mounts hardly have much of an impact on combat as it is so giving some tiny little extra effects to premium skins wouldn't make any difference at all.

You would never see a map com for example demand everyone has a premium Lion Griffon just so they could max spam might at the start of the battle.

Same reason you don't see Coms currently demanding everyone start with Jackel for the free Barrier.

The only time i've ever seen anyone asking for a specific mount is in Guild Mission Bounties, Everyone using Springgers to break the CC bar at the start.

> @"BlackBullWings.2734" said:

> Good to know hummingbirds can breathe underwater.

> Jokes aside, glad it was what everyone guessed it was. this is going to make underwater content a lot more fun to traverse through imo

But is there really enough underwater content for something like this? I mean, to me it seems that ANet abandoned underwater content. Perhaps there will be more in the expansion and things like this mount skill and the speed infusion are a lead up to that, but for current maps I really don't see this as being much of a QoL improvement.

Still, it should be neat and interesting. Not sure it will make underwater content a lot more fun.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > So that's a RIP for swim speed infusions. Run to sell them now guys!!!!!

>

> Things like Fractals do not allow mount ( and we have whole Aquatic one ), also fall into water and swim in WvW is an option to escape on low HP, and WvW has no Skimmer.

> No need to sell anything =)

Not to mention that there will still be people with no mounts or who don't bother to unlock the mastery.

Plus it seems thematically likely that swim speed infusion may be part of the collection to unlock the new mastery. So it's going to be a gamble, watch the price dwindle to nothing afterward, or watch it skyrocket to ridiculous heights and have to scramble for time-gated stuff.