Brandstone Impact Site - Mobs

Ok, so I am having a bit of a rant here.. BUT.. as an off-peak player, trying to get the Kralkatite ore and Rose Quartz for making Weapons to complete first part of Vision Crafting, this Brandstone issue of A) Spending 10 - 15 minutes waiting between meteors.. and hoping to see them/find them on time; b) having to solo a mob of quite challenging adds, plus whatever else is hanging around the impact site before I can actually use the Multitool "peacefully"; and C) Having the #3 skill work intermittently and not even actually mine the chunk properly..... after investing all that Volatile magic in getting the darned tool...; and D) multitool #5 not even recognizing there is a site to mark, when you are standing right on top of it.... is.. quite frankly... making me pull my hair out.

Anet.. pls fix this a bit. Thank you.

Well, instead of farming Kralkatite ore you could farm Eternal Ice shards via strike missions or through events/nodes in Bjora marches - then you can exchange it for Kralkatite ore. Can trade Volatile Magic for some ore daily, or trade some jorbreakers for it. The Rose Quartz you can just buy.

Knowing them, there's no chance of redoing older content for a few off peak players. Even if they would, by the time it's fixed you'd likely be done with Vision.

Yes, but why should it be like that? I don't want to hop between maps, and across characters.. I still need to do the Meta in Istan as well. Kralkatite Ore should be accessible and farmable on the map that is it's currency. I am just frustrated that the method supplied by the game does NOT work as intended. It's buggy and extremely difficult.. and it should not be this difficult. (remember, Bjora and Eternal Ice was not even around until a few months ago).

All they would have to do is make the Meteor sites active until the next one fell. You can only mine it 5 times anyway, so not as if you could over farm it or anything.

maybe off-peak game play is not wanted or desired.. but then.. why make or play an MMO? Isn't the whole idea to be able to play when you want? I am just annoyed.. i don;t think any other collection item has been this difficult.. even Aurora was easier than this, and that is saying something.

> @"Terrier.8732" said:

> Yes, but why should it be like that? I don't want to hop between maps, and across characters.. I still need to do the Meta in Istan as well. Kralkatite Ore should be accessible and farmable on the map that is it's currency. I am just frustrated that the method supplied by the game does NOT work as intended. It's buggy and extremely difficult.. and it should not be this difficult. (remember, Bjora and Eternal Ice was not even around until a few months ago).

> All they would have to do is make the Meteor sites active until the next one fell. You can only mine it 5 times anyway, so not as if you could over farm it or anything.

> maybe off-peak game play is not wanted or desired.. but then.. why make or play an MMO? Isn't the whole idea to be able to play when you want? I am just annoyed.. i don;t think any other collection item has been this difficult.. even Aurora was easier than this, and that is saying something.

The map is old. People used to maphop for meteors and quartz, and farm kralka on multiple chars/day. Anet just added more ways to get kralka, which is good and prevents burnouts in a map that is certainly much less populated than 12-15 months ago. You can also buy the quartz off tp.

Or you can choose to farm a map that is semi empty (apart from meta time) and get what you need at a much slower pace. Oh, Anet also added ways to get ls4 currencies with the various seasonal festivals, too.

I did this a while back myself.. I really hated trying to farm Meteors.

There is not a lot of things in Gw2 that I really hate but farming Kralk ore from those meteors is definitely one of them.

I did not enjoy this content at all, I pretty much get Kralk ore exclusively from events and my home instance node because of how tedious and horrible it is trying to get meteors.

The WvW reward track gives 250 ore per completion. So you can get lots of ore from that. Ore is actually not the biggest issue because you can also do hearts on the map for decent quantities per day.

The frustrating thing is trying to get the rose quartz if you want to avoid having to spend a decent amount of gold to buy the quartz off the trading post. You would prefer to save that gold for the actual gifts and not have it disappear for the sake of a sub collection that used to be easier to gather the materials for.

I’ve been on the map a little this week and it’s hard sometimes to get enough people with the multi-tool to get the sites to T5. There are plenty of people but the sites don’t get marked and the results go from “ok” to “I should just buy this after farming more gold.”

Kralkatite you can easily get from the hearts. Rose Quartz you only need 15 at most which is a total of 1.63g even at instant buy price. That leaves just Powdered Rose Quartz.

The waiting is definitely annoying but other than that the rest really shouldn't be an issue. If you are hanging around the NPC you should hear when it mentions a meteor drop then you just use the special action skill while mounted which way to go. Due to the limited number sites that should already give you a pretty good idea of where it is.

As for the mobs I can't think of any reason why anyone would have trouble with them unless you insist on using projectile attacks and not bothering to pay attention to their reflects but that is basically bringing a knife to a gun fight.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> The home instance node gives lots of powdered rose quartz (more than kralkatite ore in fact), and has a reasonable drop rate for rose quartz as well.

>

> Sure it's a hefty investment but in terms of QoL it's very worth while imo.

You are correct in the long term.

However for people who only care about the short term that node is not so great. For the 50g cost of the node you can buy enough powdered quartz for 5 weapons while the vision achievement only needs 6.

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> The frustrating thing is trying to get the rose quartz if you want to avoid having to spend a decent amount of gold to buy the quartz off the trading post. You would prefer to save that gold for the actual gifts and not have it disappear for the sake of a sub collection that used to be easier to gather the materials for.

Have you considered the opportunity cost? I just went and did two level 5 meteor sites using using the extraction beam for everything. The resulting items is equivalent to 7.6g/h and 3.5g/h. There are other activities in the game that gives higher rate so by gathering yourself the quartz yourself you are actually spending more gold than if you were buying them.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > The home instance node gives lots of powdered rose quartz (more than kralkatite ore in fact), and has a reasonable drop rate for rose quartz as well.

> >

> > Sure it's a hefty investment but in terms of QoL it's very worth while imo.

>

> You are correct in the long term.

>

> However for people who only care about the short term that node is not so great. For the 50g cost of the node you can buy enough powdered quartz for 5 weapons while the vision achievement only needs 6.

>

> > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > The frustrating thing is trying to get the rose quartz if you want to avoid having to spend a decent amount of gold to buy the quartz off the trading post. You would prefer to save that gold for the actual gifts and not have it disappear for the sake of a sub collection that used to be easier to gather the materials for.

>

> Have you considered the opportunity cost? I just went and did two level 5 meteor sites using using the extraction beam for everything. The resulting items is equivalent to 7.6g/h and 3.5g/h. There are other activities in the game that gives higher rate so by gathering yourself the quartz yourself you are actually spending more gold than if you were buying them.

>

It depends. Sometimes you don’t have much time and a quick meteor or two isn’t less than other activities in a shorter time frame. But the difference between tier 4 and 5 in terms of total dust potential is probably a factor of five. A tier 4 will probably earn 10-12 dust while a tier 5 is an easy 50-60. So any activity is probably a better idea (thus my comment about just buying it) because tier 4 and below you might as well be doing literally anything else.