Why keep slowing down the speed of logging and mining?

Maybe he means the new unlimited tools keep getting slower and slower? It's weird that tools form years ago are much faster and better than the current tools (not including the slots). Though latest tools have been lacking in glyph value too compared to older tools.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> Maybe he means the new unlimited tools keep getting slower and slower? It's weird that tools form years ago are much faster and better than the current tools (not including the slots). Though latest tools have been lacking in glyph value too compared to older tools.

Those probably just get made based on what they can come up with for the animation without much concern for its affect on gathering speed

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > Maybe he means the new unlimited tools keep getting slower and slower? It's weird that tools form years ago are much faster and better than the current tools (not including the slots). Though latest tools have been lacking in glyph value too compared to older tools.

>

> Those probably just get made based on what they can come up with for the animation without much concern for its affect on gathering speed

I would accept that answer if they did not also adjust the amount gathered per strike or interaction. I would prefer things are normalized. I will never use the glacial tools because they are inferior to the point I notice them. Changing them is like going from an Ascended weapon to an Rare. You notice.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > > Maybe he means the new unlimited tools keep getting slower and slower? It's weird that tools form years ago are much faster and better than the current tools (not including the slots). Though latest tools have been lacking in glyph value too compared to older tools.

> >

> > Those probably just get made based on what they can come up with for the animation without much concern for its affect on gathering speed

>

> I would accept that answer if they did not also adjust the amount gathered per strike or interaction. I would prefer things are normalized. I will never use the glacial tools because they are inferior to the point I notice them. Changing them is like going from an Ascended weapon to an Rare. You notice.

At this point they should all gather up to 4 per interact for all tool types. Anything that doesn't should be reported as a bug

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > Maybe he means the new unlimited tools keep getting slower and slower? It's weird that tools form years ago are much faster and better than the current tools (not including the slots). Though latest tools have been lacking in glyph value too compared to older tools.

>

> Those probably just get made based on what they can come up with for the animation without much concern for its affect on gathering speed

That's my thinking too. For a start I think if Anet were making new tools specifically to be faster they would point that out in the item description, and as far as I know none of them actually say they're faster (or slower), it's something players have to work out for themselves. I think their focus is just on making different animations and they're not thinking about whether one of them completes 1/2 a second earlier or later than average.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> I did find that the flutes mine slower than other tools.

>

> The fastest tool i have seen for plants is that Consortium Harvesting Sickle.

>

> I personally use the Tireless Harvesting Minion which finishes the harvest half way through the cast.

Thresher golem is like that as well

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > I don't remember this being in the patch notes?

>

> I doubt it's even a thing. I see no difference

I farm using the same old set EVERY day heavily for an hour. I also don't see a difference.

I did notice the choya guys and dragons were slower.

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > I don't remember this being in the patch notes?

> >

> > I doubt it's even a thing. I see no difference

>

> I farm using the same old set EVERY day heavily for an hour. I also don't see a difference.

> I did notice the choya guys and dragons were slower.

Yeah he wasn't specific so I assumed all of them or even the regular ones he might of used. There do seem to be some unlimited that seem faster then others. Like my sickle is really fast but on my alt I got the butterfly one for black lion scraps and it could be slower but it gathers before animation is done so I leave early so it's probably the same

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> I did find that the flutes mine slower than other tools.

yeah, flute seems to be the worst of the bunch, I often do animation break as soon as the final strike registers and move on

but with the flute, I frequently unable to animation break, or character stuck in place for like a second or two unable to move (can turn still)