Don't even try to get the Legendary Vision Accessory

ZolV.4536

It seems like every map is empty these days because I see very few to no advertisements in lfg these days, not even in newest content. Well, that might be because I'm mostly online at night and EU seems to be pretty dead at that time right now. I have experienced it quite different on EU over the couple of years earlier. Don't know what happened.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> >

> > Edit:

> >

> > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> >

> > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

>

> It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

Active WvW times are the worst for it but i've also noticed it in PvE as well, specifically more in newer released maps but core world maps seem to be almost completely uneffected by it.

I was running about core world fine not days ago.. then went to Bjora for a bit and had multiple big lag spikes just running around the map.

I've had my PC running the game with the same settings for years without any issues like this.. so my money is on either the servers or somehow all the giant lagfest condi battles in WvW are somehow effecting more demanding PvE maps as well.

I really don't know but I hope when things go back to normal Anet does something about it.. when the Va patches come in for the last 2 episodes I don't want to be dealing with lag issues after having to wait all these months to finally play them.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > >

> > > Edit:

> > >

> > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > >

> > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> >

> > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

>

> Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > >

> > > > Edit:

> > > >

> > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > >

> > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > >

> > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> >

> > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

>

> This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

>

>

It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit:

> > > > >

> > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > >

> > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > >

> > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > >

> > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> >

> > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> >

> >

>

> It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

Well, if you crave to complete your Vision collection, you can just do Bjora or strikes and convert eternal ice into any kind of LW4 currency you want ^^ yea, you will spend quite a lot of karma in the process, that's a downside... but still, doing metas in LW4 maps isn't the only way to get the currency anymore.

> @"Glaswen.7926" said:

> Well, if you crave to complete your Vision collection, you can just do Bjora or strikes and convert eternal ice into any kind of LW4 currency you want ^^ yea, you will spend quite a lot of karma in the process, that's a downside... but still, doing metas in LW4 maps isn't the only way to get the currency anymore.

Should be noted the server lag is present in Bjora from time to time as well, though not as frequently as Thunderhead or LS4/PoF areas

The legendary trinkets **take generally too much effort** to get in general. I personally find it harder to get the full set of trinkets than for example my whole PvP legendary armor. And of course there are people, who can spend 4+ hours every day playing, but a big chunk simply can‘t, because of work, kids etc.

I really feel like **ArenaNet should add less visually pleasing legendary equipment to the Gem Store** for a high price per piece (3000-4000 gems) compared to other items. A greater portion of players would be able to finally **add some build variety** to the game and in case one piece of equipment is impossible to get (like it is the case with Vision and lags) they could purchase a legendary accessory at the Gem Store and frustration would drop rapidly.

At this point in time **most people own „their favorite“ Gem Store Items** (Breaking Tools, cool Glider, cool Mounts, Boss Teleport Device etc) and evetually the point will come where profits will start to decrease between expansions. Offering legendary equipment for a high price **would add alot of monetary assets** into ArenaNets and NCsofts bank accounts, which then could be used to bring back Esports for Guild Wars 2, hire more game designers and bring new top notch content, since if people would decide to buy a full set consisting of armor, trinkets, runes AND sigils, ArenaNet would end up seeing huge profits (flagship smartphone range and alot of people would be willing to even pay that)

Players, who don‘t want to take that route, **would still be able to craft the good looking legendary equipment the legitimate way.**

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > >

> > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > >

> > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

>

> Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > > >

> > > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > > >

> > > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> >

> > Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

>

> If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

I can only comment on EU, but whatever the issue, it isn't player based because it is far too widespread and that is being reported everytime I go onto an affected map by many people playing there. There are reports of it not being everyone, but there is a wider issue somewhere and it is confined to specific maps.

What the exact cause of the skill lag and game freezes is is unknown because despite offers by many to help work with Anet to troubleshoot it, Anet are silent on it

What if all the visually appealing stuff contributes to lag?

We've already seen "minis disabled etc etc"

Fashion wars WvW

Speaking of WvW

I also can't help but wonder about how WvW & core game's transmorgrification into some semblance of it i.e. Drizzlewood might contribute overall?

All that calculation behind the scenes to keep maps currently updated and populated

I may also have an overactive imagination...

Flock to meeeeeeee

peace

> @"BnooMaGoo.5690" said:

> What if all the visually appealing stuff contributes to lag?

> We've already seen "mini's disabled etc etc"

> Fashion wars WvW

> Speaking of WvW

> I also can't help but wonder about how WvW & core game's transmorgrification into some semblance of it i.e. Drizzlewood might contribute overall?

> All that calculation behind the scenes to keep maps currently updated and populated

> I may also have an overactive imagination...

>

> Flock to meeeeeeee

>

> peace

It prob does, but if that was the cause here, it would be spread to more maps than just the specific ones since March/April and that is not the case

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> > >

> > > Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

> >

> > If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

>

> I can only comment on EU, but whatever the issue, it isn't player based because it is far too widespread and that is being reported everytime I go onto an affected map by many people playing there. There are reports of it not being everyone, but there is a wider issue somewhere and it is confined to specific maps.

>

> What the exact cause of the skill lag and game freezes is is unknown because despite offers by many to help work with Anet to troubleshoot it, Anet are silent on it

I’m hesitant to go with “player based” as that implies operator error to me.

Issues with lag can come from your PC, the servers, or somewhere between.

For the PC, you could simply be running at settings that you PC cannot handle. People have a tendency to run games at settings that their systems cannot handle and Anet’s poor optimization doesn’t help the matter.

You could be running additional programs which strain your system as well. Failing, or underperforming, hardware could also be an issue. How many people regularly maintain their PC?

A lot of people use WiFi connection and I wager a guess that it would be a large majority. Some surveys I found online estimate up to 90%. WiFi routers tend to slow down as more devices connect to them or if someone is doing something that takes a lot of bandwidth. This causes packet loss which can lead to lag spikes.

The issue could be with your ISP. They could simply be routing connections to the servers in a really janky way. It’s not the same for every game either as the routing could be different for them. I’ve also read that ISPs also limit data connections based on the service package you are using. I believe Comcast is at 5 devices for many of their plans before you start running into issues.

ISP networks are also more congested with many people staying at home. I know people who experience lag during the beginning of a gameplay session which is gone near the end simply because they’re playing later in the night when there’s less traffic. How is the EU’s internet infrastructure? I remember reading that Netflix reduced their streaming services by 25% there but not in the US due to the strains.

Then it could be an issue with the servers. An example occurring several months ago when the EU experienced extreme lag immediately before their servers crashed.

The issues that players are having with lag could be one or a combination of these. My personal experience with lag, as well as input lag, is that it’s due to my WiFi. I personally tested this several months ago. I have a PC on the first floor that was built in 2018 and connected directly to my router. I have a PC built in 2012 on the second floor that is connected to the WiFi. The older PC experiences lag when the newer one doesn’t. I can also click on a skill and it just sits there and flashers a few times before going off.

Other times it just doesn’t do anything.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes I can use the hot keys and get input lag but they immediately go off when I click the skill with the mouse. This is with ground target skills primarily although I haven’t actively test it with my elite skills that sometimes don’t go off with the hot key.

> It prob does, but if that was the cause here, it would be spread to more maps than just the specific ones since March/April and that is not the case

I would think that population as well as how many new flashy items have been added since March would be indicative?

How many maps reach "overload" capacity?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> > > >

> > > > Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

> > >

> > > If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

> >

> > I can only comment on EU, but whatever the issue, it isn't player based because it is far too widespread and that is being reported everytime I go onto an affected map by many people playing there. There are reports of it not being everyone, but there is a wider issue somewhere and it is confined to specific maps.

> >

> > What the exact cause of the skill lag and game freezes is is unknown because despite offers by many to help work with Anet to troubleshoot it, Anet are silent on it

>

> I’m hesitant to go with “player based” as that implies operator error to me.

>

> Issues with lag can come from your PC, the servers, or somewhere between.

>

> For the PC, you could simply be running at settings that you PC cannot handle. People have a tendency to run games at settings that their systems cannot handle and Anet’s poor optimization doesn’t help the matter.

>

> You could be running additional programs which strain your system as well. Failing, or underperforming, hardware could also be an issue. How many people regularly maintain their PC?

>

> A lot of people use WiFi connection and I wager a guess that it would be a large majority. Some surveys I found online estimate up to 90%. WiFi routers tend to slow down as more devices connect to them or if someone is doing something that takes a lot of bandwidth. This causes packet loss which can lead to lag spikes.

>

> The issue could be with your ISP. They could simply be routing connections to the servers in a really janky way. It’s not the same for every game either as the routing could be different for them. I’ve also read that ISPs also limit data connections based on the service package you are using. I believe Comcast is at 5 devices for many of their plans before you start running into issues. ISP networks are also more congested with many people staying at home.

>

> Then it could be an issue with the servers. An example occurring several months ago when the EU experienced extreme lag immediately before their servers crashed.

>

> The issues that players are having with lag could be one or a combination of these. My personal experience with lag, as well as input lag, is that it’s due to my WiFi. I personally tested this several months ago. I have a PC on the first floor that was built in 2018 and connected directly to my router. I have a PC built in 2012 on the second floor that is connected to the WiFi. The older PC experiences lag when the newer one doesn’t. I can also click on a skill and it just sits there and flashers a few times before going off.

> Other times it just doesn’t do anything.

>

> I’ve also noticed that sometimes I can use the hot keys and get input lag but they immediately go off when I click the skill with the mouse. This is with ground target skills primarily although I haven’t actively test it with my elite skills that sometimes don’t go off with the hot key.

You are correct, however this problem would be widespread across the game rather than specific maps if it was those kinds of localised factors. It's also widespread across the EU population - even if it may not be everyone - it's still encompassing a significant number of players. When it happens on a map, map chat is filled with players asking if others are getting it and everyone is reporting "yes".

Now it could be something between us and Anet, but Anet refuses to engage a dialogue there so we can't help them idetify if that is the issue. All we know is, that the issue isn't localised to the players. It is either Anet (likely given the evidence) or something in between (less likely, but possible)

The other indicator is skill lag. Previously, Anet themselves has identified skill lag as an issue caused by their server. Now, I have no idea if that is the case 100% of the time, but given the widespread effect on the population, it is a safe assumption to say it is something closer to Anet as the source.

Whatever the issue, it needs Anet to acknowledge it given the number of people affected and the sheer volume of reports on it. It's been a huge problem in the EU on PoF and maps like Thunderhead and Sandswept since the early Spring and just staying utterly silent and not even asking for further information is unhelpful

This isn't even just a bit of lag, but whole maps barely functioning at times

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> > > >

> > > > Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

> > >

> > > If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

> >

> > I can only comment on EU, but whatever the issue, it isn't player based because it is far too widespread and that is being reported everytime I go onto an affected map by many people playing there. There are reports of it not being everyone, but there is a wider issue somewhere and it is confined to specific maps.

> >

> > What the exact cause of the skill lag and game freezes is is unknown because despite offers by many to help work with Anet to troubleshoot it, Anet are silent on it

>

> I’m hesitant to go with “player based” as that implies operator error to me.

>

> Issues with lag can come from your PC, the servers, or somewhere between.

>

> For the PC, you could simply be running at settings that you PC cannot handle. People have a tendency to run games at settings that their systems cannot handle and Anet’s poor optimization doesn’t help the matter.

>

That can be the case in some cases but I wouldn't calim it with Gw2.

I have a pretty beefy rig myself and have played Gw2 at pretty much max for years without any issues.

I've not changed those setting and yet maps I have played on that never lagged, even at their most active.. now do for seemingly no reason, that alone is enough for me to know this isn't a problem with my PC nor my internet connection and most other people can say the same too.

If it was i'd be seeing lag and latency issues appearing in more games and that just doesn't happen.. it's a Gw2 problem, that much I would put money on.

> You could be running additional programs which strain your system as well. Failing, or underperforming, hardware could also be an issue. How many people regularly maintain their PC?

>

I dismiss this one too, I have a personal issue with running unneccessary programs while im gaming.

I don't even like having discord open while I game like many people do.

The most I ever have going along side a game is Youtube videos.. and that has never been a problem before nor does it make any difference when I don't have a video going.

> A lot of people use WiFi connection and I wager a guess that it would be a large majority. Some surveys I found online estimate up to 90%. WiFi routers tend to slow down as more devices connect to them or if someone is doing something that takes a lot of bandwidth. This causes packet loss which can lead to lag spikes.

>

Wired here, I don't like online gaming through Wifi, personal issue again.. just don't like it nor trust it as much as a wired connection.

I still get the latency issues despite it.

> The issue could be with your ISP. They could simply be routing connections to the servers in a really janky way. It’s not the same for every game either as the routing could be different for them. I’ve also read that ISPs also limit data connections based on the service package you are using. I believe Comcast is at 5 devices for many of their plans before you start running into issues.

>

I doubt it, I pay for a good fast connection and there is never more than 2-3 devices using it at any time.

> ISP networks are also more congested with many people staying at home. I know people who experience lag during the beginning of a gameplay session which is gone near the end simply because they’re playing later in the night when there’s less traffic. How is the EU’s internet infrastructure? I remember reading that Netflix reduced their streaming services by 25% there but not in the US due to the strains.

>

This is something I have also thought about as a contributing factor as well, I have seen articles basically attacking gamers as the cause of it even though online gaming uses nothing compared to how much data is required by streaming services like Netflix.

If anyone is slowing down the internet and throttling ISP services it's the massive number of people that flooded to Netflix, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime etc due to the quarantine.. Not gamers.

As usual Gamers once again being used as the escape goat/perpetual boogeyman others use to blame problems on..

> Then it could be an issue with the servers. An example occurring several months ago when the EU experienced extreme lag immediately before their servers crashed.

>

> The issues that players are having with lag could be one or a combination of these. My personal experience with lag, as well as input lag, is that it’s due to my WiFi. I personally tested this several months ago. I have a PC on the first floor that was built in 2018 and connected directly to my router. I have a PC built in 2012 on the second floor that is connected to the WiFi. The older PC experiences lag when the newer one doesn’t. I can also click on a skill and it just sits there and flashers a few times before going off.

> Other times it just doesn’t do anything.

>

> I’ve also noticed that sometimes I can use the hot keys and get input lag but they immediately go off when I click the skill with the mouse. This is with ground target skills primarily although I haven’t actively test it with my elite skills that sometimes don’t go off with the hot key.

I believe it is an issue with the servers though I don't have the knowledge and technical skills to really figure it out..

I do know this hit WvW hardest first and over time has bled into PvE as well.. more so newer more populated maps which are already more demanding than the core world ones.

I know WvW lag is tied quite a lot into large zergs.. and more specifically into the AoE condi spam meta that exists there.

It might be this spam of conditions that could be having a game wide effect.. slowing servers down as they have to process so much spam data.. but I dunno.

As I said I don't know much about this stuff so it's not something I can really figure out.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Edit:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Appears to be, I've noticed an increased amount of latency issues over the last few months on EU.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is happening in NA as well, not just EU. It’s a game wide problem

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s not an NA problem if there are people unaffected.

> > > > >

> > > > > Imagine thinking something’s not a problem just because you’re not affected by it. What a world to live in.

> > > >

> > > > If the issue were the servers, wouldn’t everyone be affected? When I have an issue with my computer, generally everything I use on it is impacted.

> > >

> > > I can only comment on EU, but whatever the issue, it isn't player based because it is far too widespread and that is being reported everytime I go onto an affected map by many people playing there. There are reports of it not being everyone, but there is a wider issue somewhere and it is confined to specific maps.

> > >

> > > What the exact cause of the skill lag and game freezes is is unknown because despite offers by many to help work with Anet to troubleshoot it, Anet are silent on it

> >

> > I’m hesitant to go with “player based” as that implies operator error to me.

> >

> > Issues with lag can come from your PC, the servers, or somewhere between.

> >

> > For the PC, you could simply be running at settings that you PC cannot handle. People have a tendency to run games at settings that their systems cannot handle and Anet’s poor optimization doesn’t help the matter.

> >

> > You could be running additional programs which strain your system as well. Failing, or underperforming, hardware could also be an issue. How many people regularly maintain their PC?

> >

> > A lot of people use WiFi connection and I wager a guess that it would be a large majority. Some surveys I found online estimate up to 90%. WiFi routers tend to slow down as more devices connect to them or if someone is doing something that takes a lot of bandwidth. This causes packet loss which can lead to lag spikes.

> >

> > The issue could be with your ISP. They could simply be routing connections to the servers in a really janky way. It’s not the same for every game either as the routing could be different for them. I’ve also read that ISPs also limit data connections based on the service package you are using. I believe Comcast is at 5 devices for many of their plans before you start running into issues. ISP networks are also more congested with many people staying at home.

> >

> > Then it could be an issue with the servers. An example occurring several months ago when the EU experienced extreme lag immediately before their servers crashed.

> >

> > The issues that players are having with lag could be one or a combination of these. My personal experience with lag, as well as input lag, is that it’s due to my WiFi. I personally tested this several months ago. I have a PC on the first floor that was built in 2018 and connected directly to my router. I have a PC built in 2012 on the second floor that is connected to the WiFi. The older PC experiences lag when the newer one doesn’t. I can also click on a skill and it just sits there and flashers a few times before going off.

> > Other times it just doesn’t do anything.

> >

> > I’ve also noticed that sometimes I can use the hot keys and get input lag but they immediately go off when I click the skill with the mouse. This is with ground target skills primarily although I haven’t actively test it with my elite skills that sometimes don’t go off with the hot key.

>

> You are correct, however this problem would be widespread across the game rather than specific maps if it was those kinds of localised factors. It's also widespread across the EU population - even if it may not be everyone - it's still encompassing a significant number of players. When it happens on a map, map chat is filled with players asking if others are getting it and everyone is reporting "yes".

>

> Now it could be something between us and Anet, but Anet refuses to engage a dialogue there so we can't help them idetify if that is the issue. All we know is, that the issue isn't localised to the players. It is either Anet (likely given the evidence) or something in between (less likely, but possible)

>

> The other indicator is skill lag. Previously, Anet themselves has identified skill lag as an issue caused by their server. Now, I have no idea if that is the case 100% of the time, but given the widespread effect on the population, it is a safe assumption to say it is something closer to Anet as the source.

>

> Whatever the issue, it needs Anet to acknowledge it given the number of people affected and the sheer volume of reports on it. It's been a huge problem in the EU on PoF and maps like Thunderhead and Sandswept since the early Spring and just staying utterly silent and not even asking for further information is unhelpful

>

> This isn't even just a bit of lag, but whole maps barely functioning at times

This is a pretty spot on analysis.

Also thought this reddit thread is worth linking. It’s from almost two months ago but it has links to them vaguely acknowledging the issue. Granted they’re in WvW and talking about WvW lag, but the principle is likely roughly the same.