Owl, None Repeatable Quest: Personal Story All Over again?

After beating the latest story, there is a npc in EoTN that allows you to do a quest pilgrimage with him.

Eventually you are taken to Hoelbrak, where you meet 2-3 NEW npcs with unique dialogue.

There are some other unique lore moments you encounter, when the quest is finish there is no option to repeat any of the quest steps.

Also, the npcs you met have disappeared.

So, it's similar to personal story. If you want to experience it again, you'll have to go to Youtube and hope someone has recorded it.

Or read the dialogue on wiki.

Are you all okay with this one time experience lore method?

If you're not okay with it, say something before this becomes the norm for future extra story quests.

> @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> Quick question, can you re do Griffin mount?

> Was that season one slippery slope?

That's a complex question:

Most of the npcs weren't deleted after doing that quests and you can still interact with them.

However, some of the unique experiences you have can not be repeated again. So, yeah, you can say it was a slippery slope.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Ls1 is totally different. With owl it’s there until you do it like many quests. It doesn’t go after x amount of time. You miss ls1, you miss it forever

>

> This isn’t setting a precedent that other quests don’t already

I said, "similar to" then listed why they were similar. I didn't address the, "you miss it once it's gone forever part." I'm referring to, you play it once and it's gone for ever. I changed my title to Personal Story instead to avoid confusion. Thanks for the reply.

This isn't new, it's the same with a lot of collections and achievements. For example many of the gen 2 legendary weapons have stories told through their collections and once you've done those once you can't repeat them. The Design-a-Weapon content collections are the same, and things like unlocking the skyscale or griffon, or building up the sunspear sanctuary.

If anything I think living world and expansion story instances are the exception, and they're only repeatable because they have achievements where it would be very unfair to only give you one chance to complete them. It's not even just GW2. I can't think of many games, especially RPGs which let you keep repeating quests and stories once you've completed them. Well, I suppose daily quests in other MMOs would be one example, but they tend to be very light on story anyway.

I suppose quests like this could be made character bound with generic or no rewards after the first character on your account completes it. I don't know what goes into implementing something like that and I would rather they spent thier time making a Job o Tron mini pet that isn't all Winter's Day'ed up. Make it happen!

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Aren't all the Side Stories one and done, for the most part? Haven't we been doing them for years?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Side_Stories

Sides story allow repeatable achievements and for the most part don't delete npcs. You can still talk to the Charr in Frostgorge Sound, despite her final event being on the Fire Island chain.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Well, I suppose daily quests in other MMOs would be one example, but they tend to be very light on story anyway.

Yeah, I guess I just see any story involving Owl to be significant. Guess, it's a matter of what the player truly value/enjoy as lore.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> I suppose quests like this could be made character bound with generic or no rewards after the first character on your account completes it. I don't know what goes into implementing something like that and I would rather they spent thier time making a Job o Tron mini pet that isn't all Winter's Day'ed up. Make it happen!

Yeah, there was talk about Personal Story being made repeatable with no rewards, but Anet stated that would be extremely complex since the original Personal Story wasn't built for such a repeatable system. Character models are made by different individuals than the rewards or instances team.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> In my opinion, the more repeatable content the better, rewards or not.

Agreed, one of my favorite Personal Stories was with the Charr that is afraid of ghosts. I haven't seen that story in over 5 years, I wish I could play through it again.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> This isn't new, it's the same with a lot of collections and achievements. For example many of the gen 2 legendary weapons have stories told through their collections and once you've done those once you can't repeat them. The Design-a-Weapon content collections are the same, and things like unlocking the skyscale or griffon, or building up the sunspear sanctuary.

>

> If anything I think living world and expansion story instances are the exception, and they're only repeatable because they have achievements where it would be very unfair to only give you one chance to complete them. It's not even just GW2. I can't think of many games, especially RPGs which let you keep repeating quests and stories once you've completed them. Well, I suppose daily quests in other MMOs would be one example, but they tend to be very light on story anyway.

aren't most "daily quests" actually "daily chores"?

The weirdest part of this quest line is that it has a cutscene set in the open world that can conceivably be ruined by 30 people dropping their mounts and scampering around in range of the camera.

I'd like if it could be repeated. I feel the same way about other side-stories and easter eggs as well (Auris Weirdbringer, anyone?) After LS1, players were pretty clear about disliking one-time-only content. I know this is a lesser version of that, but it still doesn't feel great.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The little search mini game with Marjory in Grothmar Valley is another series of voice acted lines that you get to only experience once since they aren't connected to the story chapter for some reason.

Yeah, I barely remember that it would be great to hear them again.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> The weirdest part of this quest line is that it has a cutscene set in the open world that can conceivably be ruined by 30 people dropping their mounts and scampering around in range of the camera.

>

> I'd like if it could be repeated. I feel the same way about other side-stories and easter eggs as well (Auris Weirdbringer, anyone?) After LS1, players were pretty clear about disliking one-time-only content. I know this is a lesser version of that, but it still doesn't feel great.

Yeah, I remember Auris. I'm not sure if his story will ever be finished. I had no idea he was in Blood Keep though, that's a major update.

I wouldn't mind seeing the story where we get rid of the random anomaly that kept appearing on our screens, again, too. Yeah, LS1 should have spoke volumes that players like repeatable story.

> @"White Kitsunee.4620" said:

> I'm okay with it. Makes things feel special, I can always redo then on my alts if need be.

> But if they are going to do something like this they need some sort of sign posting so people know not to blow through.

Yeah, some type of warning would be nice. I would have took my time and experienced things fully, if I knew I could only do it once.