If I'm not allowed to do damage, why are they?

I don't know if anyone else has had the experience of a normal non-core level 80 enemy, with literally no special regenerative properties constantly regenerating to 100% health. Which apparently means they've been pulled out of leash range. But apparently you, fighting for your life in the downed position still gets to be attacked and lose health and even pressing 4 doesn't save you. Yet you can't do anything to them.

Multiple NPCs playing ping pong with my body, suffocating me with conditions, and making sure that every second I fight is in an AoE is frustrating but I don't see it as unfair, because I know if I get better at the game. I'll be the one leaving that situation alive. Not them.

But the first paragraph feels unfair. I don't know why that feels more unfair than being ganged up on by a mob of ten lol. But it just does.

Anyway sorry for the soft rant.

> @"Katelynn.6593" said:

> I don't know if anyone else has had the experience of a normal non-core level 80 enemy, with literally no special regenerative properties constantly regenerating to 100% health. Which apparently means they've been pulled out of leash range. But apparently you, fighting for your life in the downed position still gets to be attacked and lose health and even pressing 4 doesn't save you. Yet you can't do anything to them.

>

> Multiple NPCs playing ping pong with my body, suffocating me with conditions, and making sure that every second I fight is in an AoE is frustrating but I don't see it as unfair, because I know if I get better at the game. I'll be the one leaving that situation alive. Not them.

>

> But the first paragraph feels unfair. I don't know why that feels more unfair than being ganged up on by a mob of ten lol. But it just does.

>

> Anyway sorry for the soft rant.

Are you by any chance on a different level to the enemy when this happens? For example standing on a rock or on a lower platform? That's when I've seen this happen - an enemy is attacking me as normal but when I hit them back they instantly regenerate to 100%. If I move so we're on the same surface, or at least somewhere the enemy could run around and reach me without jumping (which they can't do) I'm able to damage them. (Of course you can't do that when you're downed, but if you notice that you're not doing damage, or it's healing instantly, before getting downed you can move to correct it.)

I'm not sure exactly what's going on but it seems like the way the game determines that an enemy is 'out of combat' and their health should regenerate is different to how the AI determines what that enemy can and should attack. If they're not so far from their spawn point that they automatically run back they'll stay and fight, but if the game thinks you're no where near them because you're in an inaccessible place their health will regenerate. It can happen in core maps too but it's much rarer because there's fewer places players can reach and fight from which enemies can't get to.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Katelynn.6593" said:

> > I don't know if anyone else has had the experience of a normal non-core level 80 enemy, with literally no special regenerative properties constantly regenerating to 100% health. Which apparently means they've been pulled out of leash range. But apparently you, fighting for your life in the downed position still gets to be attacked and lose health and even pressing 4 doesn't save you. Yet you can't do anything to them.

> >

> > Multiple NPCs playing ping pong with my body, suffocating me with conditions, and making sure that every second I fight is in an AoE is frustrating but I don't see it as unfair, because I know if I get better at the game. I'll be the one leaving that situation alive. Not them.

> >

> > But the first paragraph feels unfair. I don't know why that feels more unfair than being ganged up on by a mob of ten lol. But it just does.

> >

> > Anyway sorry for the soft rant.

>

> Are you by any chance on a different level to the enemy when this happens? For example standing on a rock or on a lower platform? That's when I've seen this happen - an enemy is attacking me as normal but when I hit them back they instantly regenerate to 100%. If I move so we're on the same surface, or at least somewhere the enemy could run around and reach me without jumping (which they can't do) I'm able to damage them. (Of course you can't do that when you're downed, but if you notice that you're not doing damage, or it's healing instantly, before getting downed you can move to correct it.)

>

> I'm not sure exactly what's going on but it seems like the way the game determines that an enemy is 'out of combat' and their health should regenerate is different to how the AI determines what that enemy can and should attack. If they're not so far from their spawn point that they automatically run back they'll stay and fight, but if the game thinks you're no where near them because you're in an inaccessible place their health will regenerate. It can happen in core maps too but it's much rarer because there's fewer places players can reach and fight from which enemies can't get to.

I was on sorta uneven terrain. I wouldn't say on a complete different story to the enemy, but ...

> @"naiasonod.9265" said:

>

> They have no idea how to challenge players

Not quite. Every sliver of challenge results in people getting angry that the game is too difficult. The devs have no possiblity to add challenge because the average player can't handle enemy npcs that actually fight back.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I don't know if anyone else has had the experience of a normal non-core level 80 enemy, with literally no special regenerative properties constantly regenerating to 100% health. Which apparently means they've been pulled out of leash range. But apparently you, fighting for your life in the downed position still gets to be attacked and lose health and even pressing 4 doesn't save you. Yet you can't do anything to them.

> >

> > Multiple NPCs playing ping pong with my body, suffocating me with conditions, and making sure that every second I fight is in an AoE is frustrating but I don't see it as unfair, because I know if I get better at the game. I'll be the one leaving that situation alive. Not them.

> >

> > But the first paragraph feels unfair. I don't know why that feels more unfair than being ganged up on by a mob of ten lol. But it just does.

> >

> > Anyway sorry for the soft rant.

>

> Are you by any chance on a different level to the enemy when this happens? For example standing on a rock or on a lower platform? That's when I've seen this happen - an enemy is attacking me as normal but when I hit them back they instantly regenerate to 100%. If I move so we're on the same surface, or at least somewhere the enemy could run around and reach me without jumping (which they can't do) I'm able to damage them. (Of course you can't do that when you're downed, but if you notice that you're not doing damage, or it's healing instantly, before getting downed you can move to correct it.)

There is another situation that can happen ... for some mobs when reaching their leash range they don't run back until you stop moving so if you keep running they keep chasing but as soon as you pause a bit they run back.

Also never seen anything **instantly** regen. It has always been a fast regen but in some cases it is still possible to out damage that regen.

> @"Katelynn.6593" said:

> > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > I believe that happens when an enemy can't find a path to your character.

>

> If only it's attack also can't find a path lol

My ranger can reliably select and target next enemy as the one downstairs or behind a wall INSTEAD OF THE ONE MY PET IS ATTACKING NEXT TO ME.

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> > > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > > I believe that happens when an enemy can't find a path to your character.

> >

> > If only it's attack also can't find a path lol

>

> My ranger can reliably select and target next enemy as the one downstairs or behind a wall INSTEAD OF THE ONE MY PET IS ATTACKING NEXT TO ME.

Oh my gods, I know right. Like what even does closest enemy mean in this game haha. Sometimes it's not what you would expect.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Katelynn.6593" said:

> > > I don't know if anyone else has had the experience of a normal non-core level 80 enemy, with literally no special regenerative properties constantly regenerating to 100% health. Which apparently means they've been pulled out of leash range. But apparently you, fighting for your life in the downed position still gets to be attacked and lose health and even pressing 4 doesn't save you. Yet you can't do anything to them.

> > >

> > > Multiple NPCs playing ping pong with my body, suffocating me with conditions, and making sure that every second I fight is in an AoE is frustrating but I don't see it as unfair, because I know if I get better at the game. I'll be the one leaving that situation alive. Not them.

> > >

> > > But the first paragraph feels unfair. I don't know why that feels more unfair than being ganged up on by a mob of ten lol. But it just does.

> > >

> > > Anyway sorry for the soft rant.

> >

> > Are you by any chance on a different level to the enemy when this happens? For example standing on a rock or on a lower platform? That's when I've seen this happen - an enemy is attacking me as normal but when I hit them back they instantly regenerate to 100%. If I move so we're on the same surface, or at least somewhere the enemy could run around and reach me without jumping (which they can't do) I'm able to damage them. (Of course you can't do that when you're downed, but if you notice that you're not doing damage, or it's healing instantly, before getting downed you can move to correct it.)

>

> There is another situation that can happen ... for some mobs when reaching their leash range they don't run back until you stop moving so if you keep running they keep chasing but as soon as you pause a bit they run back.

>

> Also never seen anything **instantly** regen. It has always been a fast regen but in some cases it is still possible to out damage that regen.

>

I think that is the case. But probably not with down skill one.

> @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> > @"naiasonod.9265" said:

>

> >

> > They have no idea how to challenge players

>

> Not quite. Every sliver of challenge results in people getting angry that the game is too difficult. The devs have no possiblity to add challenge because the average player can't handle enemy npcs that actually fight back.

Fight back? They attack us first :D

> @"BlackBullWings.2734" said:

> Sounds like you entered path of fire maps and got tossed every freaking centimeter along the way by 9billion-range mobs.

> I feel you bro.

>

> Elite specs powercrept us insanely and since heart of thorns they have been creating interresting mobs, but they go down so easily that they don't know how to balance it

The fact you immediately knew what map it was says a lot about that map lol