How is rifle warrior?

Lynx.9058

Kinda considering making another charr character, but as I already have an engineer using pistols I wanted something a bit more rough and tumble to go with blood legion's front and center fighting mentality. Warrior seems a good fit, since I could run both a melee weapon (thinking greatsword) and rifle for that techy charrness, but I havent tried out the class yet and hear some pretty concerning things regarding warrior usefulness. Also not sure how well it'd work with their elite specs.

Any opinions?

I do have a Warrior with Rifle but it's kinda meh.. I mostly used it so I could back off and range while I recover to maintain some level of DPS but I agree with others here, it doesn't feel all that good to use.

Longbow doesn't feel all that great on Warrior either.. the class kinda sucks when it comes to range play.

I use Rifle as a 2nd hand weapon for it's utilities in some occasions, it has decent cc on Berserker with the cripple, Daze from gunflame and rifle butt, it's ok dps too for a single Volley hit then you swap to your axes. You won't be able to maintain good dps in pve with a rifle...just won't happen, you'd need to be able to permanently use Volley for that to happen, and if that's your thing, play Dead Eye :)

• 2 weeks later...

Think of any ranged weapon set in game.

Remove most of said weapons fun factor.

Then remove most of said weapons utility.

Then remove most of said weapons viability in any game mode.

Then remove most of said weapons damage in any game mode.

There you have it - The riffle for warrior.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I do have a Warrior with Rifle but it's kinda meh.. I mostly used it so I could back off and range while I recover to maintain some level of DPS but I agree with others here, it doesn't feel all that good to use.

> Longbow doesn't feel all that great on Warrior either.. the class kinda sucks when it comes to range play.

Agree. They did add a trait in disc where bow1 adds a short burn but i think that should be added on the weap itself and not being a trait so we can keep warri's sprint which is quite needed aswell for us. As for rifle,its gimmicky as hell,as always.Dmg isnt bad but i'd run my De over my Rifle warri any day.

I remember when a reasonable PvE "meta" for warrior was Greatsword/Rifle, granted that was way back around 2012 or 2013. How times have changed. I really wish they'd have separate stats for PvE and PvP versions of the skills so that some of them (like rifle) could be buffed up again for PvE without harming balance elsewhere.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > Rifle is not that good, but Longbow is great with aa burning trait. I can do more dmg with Warrior condi Longbow then Ranger power Longbow.

>

> yes, because you spend all your times auto attacking.

I out longbowed a ranger without the aa burn before, grant it they were aweful, but power LB can surprise ppl.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > Rifle is not that good, but Longbow is great with aa burning trait. I can do more dmg with Warrior condi Longbow then Ranger power Longbow.

> >

> > yes, because you spend all your times auto attacking.

>

> I out longbowed a ranger without the aa burn before, grant it they were aweful, but power LB can surprise ppl.

good point, i've also beat 8 other classes while being naked with berserker amulet, naked warrior can some times surprise people too

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > Rifle is not that good, but Longbow is great with aa burning trait. I can do more dmg with Warrior condi Longbow then Ranger power Longbow.

>

> yes, because you spend all your times auto attacking.

Hmm, auto attack + Fan of Fire every 4 seconds do crazy amount of condi dmg for a ranged weapon + #5 is not bad either. You can also annoy people with #4 in PvP :) Just try Guardian LB and you will do no dmg.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > Rifle is not that good, but Longbow is great with aa burning trait. I can do more dmg with Warrior condi Longbow then Ranger power Longbow.

> > >

> > > yes, because you spend all your times auto attacking.

> >

> > I out longbowed a ranger without the aa burn before, grant it they were awful, but power LB can surprise ppl.

>

> good point, i've also beat 8 other classes while being naked with berserker amulet, naked warrior can some times surprise people too

Not sure if you're serious there, but if you are then GG sir. But I did outplay a longbow ranger with a longbow before, they were just an awful player though in all honesty.

Speaking from PvE, LB is decent for condi builds. It does good damage and has some okayish survivability, assuming enemy is subject to blind and entangle. But it plays mostly as melee weapons, since both skill 2 and the burst require you to be close. I find it less interesting with berserker.

Rifle is okayish in wvw but trash every where else. Even for power builds, if you can stack might LB is better.