Should part of the 10th Birthday gift be a precurser?

I was thinking about it and sure there are many people that get precursors but they always seem to be a infinite amount of accounts that never get one either. Sure you can go through the legendary collections for one but even then not as many players actually do so. So lets say that if you are around for a decade of play you get a choice of one account bound precursor to do with as you wish.

Either the precursor or the legendary, and it should be one of our choice. We should have a choice in which one we get so that way its entirly up to us~ Meaning we could get any legendary from the roster as our birthday gift. I think that would be pretty sweet to have, and for the big 10 it would be pretty nice; I like the idea paired with something like a mount skin and wham. There you go. A happy thank you for ten years of guild wars 2~ (Granted the legendary would do just fine <3)

No, I don't think it should be.

Getting multiple precursors at once just because you made several characters at the same time would be kinda dumb.

And I say that as someone who just recently got one precursor drop after playing for 7 years. You can already get all the precursors you need by crafting them and because of all that, some have even become really cheap on the tp. Stuff like chaos gun just cost around 70g now, while in the past that drop was worth multiple hundreds.

It'd probably be best as a once-per-account reward, but yes. If you're going to stick with an MMO for an entire decade, a precursor seems like a small ask, especially since you still need to put effort in to upgrade it to a legendary.

I happen to like almost none of the legendaries, but it seems like a reasonable thing to include after ten years.

No.

First of all, a person who played for two months at launch and logs in ten years later for the first time doesnt' deserve a precursor, or a legendary. They're getting quite enough.

It seems like people think that people in this game for a long time are the most loyal. It's not necessarily the case. You could log in once a year for SAB and get a birthday gift. This year we got an ascended amulet. Birthday gifts in Guild Wars 1 were minis or later on everlasting tonics. Cosmetics items.

If anything it's newer players that need the help to get a precursor not people who've played for ten years, at least the ones who've actually been here.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> The level of entitlement here is insane , they should give everyone a lump of coal

I'm unsure if this is sarcasm, but first-gen precursors can be bought simply from farming 3-4 days in Silverwastes. Asking for one for a tenth anniversary, which is far longer than most games even last, is hardly "entitlement".

Even a real Legendary would be a mediocre reward, the turnover time on AAA games is less than a month, and on MMOs less than year or two except for WoW and a few others like GW (see WildStar). Ten years is extreme dedication, but my complaint would be that it's based upon account creation time and not real play hours, so some people who didn't play since launch would be spoiled.

If this did happen I wouldn't want them to be tradable, firstly because it would play havoc with the economy and secondly because then you'd have people who got their 10th birthday gift just after the first wave (like people who waited for retail release instead of pre-purchasing), or people who priced theirs slightly above the minimum when they got it, angry and disappointed that the prices have crashed and the precursor they were looking forward to getting isn't worth nearly as much any more. Just look at what happens to dye prices every year when they're included in birthday gifts - the most popular ones always drop in price dramatically - and that's without them being tradable, it's just from people who were holding onto them to sell recognising the drop in demand now there's another way to get those dyes.

But if it was account bound then I'd personally find it disappointing. I like doing the precursor collections, so much that I actually made a second Dreamer because I'd made mine before precursor crafting was available and I wanted to do the collections. (I finished the legendary because making and selling the precursor would have lost me a lot of gold, but by selling the legendary I made a bit of profit.) I can't say for sure what I'd do if I got a precursor as a random drop because it's never happened, but I think I'd probably sell it and if I ever wanted to make that legendary I'd craft one instead. If I got one as a birthday gift which I couldn't sell I'd be faced with making the legendary knowing I'd always feel like part of the process was missing or making another duplicate so I get to go through the whole process.

Most importantly though I think birthday gifts should stick to unique items, not rehashing rewards already in the game. I think it makes the gifts more interesting, rather than just being a no-effort way to get an expensive item you may or may not have wanted.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I wonder how many 10 year old accounts would have never had a precursor drop (or had a precursor and salvaged it as exotic gear). I'd genuinely like to find out, since it took 5 years to find mine.

I've been playing since BETA times but never had a single precursor drop for me.