End of Dragons

Eugchriss.2046

From a balance perspective no, but from a gameplay perspective yes

Especs feel very different compared to the core classes and I like differentiation

Even now we actually have for every espec some kinda viability

Zerker, Chrono and druid less but you can still hit Plat with them

I'll buy the low end game pack nothing special. HOT was the last gw1 or gw2 game / exp that I bought a ultimate package with. I bought the cheapest POF since it was all just pve junk and no PvP updates or anything. HOT we got a new game mode.

If the alliance battles aren't remastered and in the expansion Jade quarry and fort aspenwood. Then I may finally just move on to the next new game like New world by Amazon.

In gw1 the alliance battles were the highlight of the game next to HoH

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Samurai elite please and ty

For which class?

Only class I could imagine with that theme right now would be revenant.

Mostly because I would associate a "samurai elite spec" with greatsword as their weapon and revenant is the only class left without greatsword that would make sense with a samurai theme.

This isn't WoW forums where we claim we will never sub again or buy the next xpac. Anyone still here will probably buy it, because we want the game to improve and continue even if its a clown fiesta.

I am curious though what new cancer they have thought up for class design that we will suffer in pvp.

I want a hammer Ele that creates shockwaves smashes foes with reckless abandon. A mid ranged weapon focused on spike damage and control.

In fire, you literally spin around with a huge flaming hammer. You can slam it into the ground to create eruptions which knock up and burn foes.

You have a skill where you become a walking blizzard in water and you freeze anyone foolish enough to walk near you. Certain skills have a shatter mechanic where you use your hammer to shatter foes who have become frozen with cold. It removes the stun but does significantly more damage.

Air creates concussive shockwaves and has a skill where you YEET someone into to the stratosphere

Earth allows you to create temporary terrain and then smash it into smitherines to shoot shards of rock at your foe and inflict massive bleeding.

Utilities can be used to facilitate whichever playstyle you're going for. Big Aoe damage in fire. An additional AoE freeze to shatter, more terrain to smash...

Maybe give it some kind of unique buff so that it has a reason to be picked for raids.

Idk, I like swinging around HUGE hammers.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > Samurai elite please and ty

>

> For which class?

>

> Only class I could imagine with that theme right now would be revenant.

> Mostly because I would associate a "samurai elite spec" with greatsword as their weapon and revenant is the only class left without greatsword that would make sense with a samurai theme.

Thief. Great sword samurai.

Mesmer, Dagger/dagger Ninja with shadow clones mechanic.

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

> I want a hammer Ele that creates shockwaves smashes foes with reckless abandon. A mid ranged weapon focused on spike damage and control.

>

> In fire, you literally spin around with a huge flaming hammer. You can slam it into the ground to create eruptions which knock up and burn foes.

>

> You have a skill where you become a walking blizzard in water and you freeze anyone foolish enough to walk near you. Certain skills have a shatter mechanic where you use your hammer to shatter foes who have become frozen with cold. It removes the stun but does significantly more damage.

>

> Air creates concussive shockwaves and has a skill where you YEET someone into to the stratosphere

>

> Earth allows you to create temporary terrain and then smash it into smitherines to shoot shards of rock at your foe and inflict massive bleeding.

>

> Utilities can be used to facilitate whichever playstyle you're going for. Big Aoe damage in fire. An additional AoE freeze to shatter, more terrain to smash...

>

> Maybe give it some kind of unique buff so that it has a reason to be picked for raids.

>

> Idk, I like swinging around HUGE hammers.

How about an elementalist that gives up the ability to use their equipped weapon (you still get the stats/sigil!), instead conjuring a different weapon for each attunement. Then give them a utility skill that allows them to use their equipped weapon temporarily.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > Samurai elite please and ty

> >

> > For which class?

> >

> > Only class I could imagine with that theme right now would be revenant.

> > Mostly because I would associate a "samurai elite spec" with greatsword as their weapon and revenant is the only class left without greatsword that would make sense with a samurai theme.

>

> Thief. Great sword samurai.

>

> Mesmer, Dagger/dagger Ninja with shadow clones mechanic.

I don't think that samurai really fits thief thematically.

Samurai had a strict honor code and basically everything core thief does goes against that code. Thieves are about deception, staying hidden and striking the enemy from behind, using tricks in combat like poisons...

This is all contradicting the morals of samurai.

Did you, by any chance, play Ghost of Tsushima? This is actually one leading theme in that game, that the main character is giving up the way of the samurai and resorts to dishonorable methods, which are exactly these I mention before as being thief thematics: poison, sneak attacks, deception.

I am expecting the same BS for new elites, following the same balance path and application as we've seen with HoT and PoF

1) Another broken/OP ill design for **necro , guardian and engineer** basically doing everything

2) Some other stealth based abusing dumb design for **thief**

3) Some busted sustain/damage/CC spam crap for **warrior** that will be nerfed hard in PvP after 1-2 years of constant nagging on the forum

4) Another high sustain duellist build for **ranger** with min team support that will be repeatedly nerfed until out of PvP

5) Some broken mess for **revenant** which will be either useless or completely broken and barely nerfed after that

6) Some overly complex mess of an ill design for **elementalist** that will either have long ass casting time on skill with ridiculous high CD that produce laughable dmg..only to be buffed to relevance later on and subsequently nerfed to the ground ( or close to it)

7) Yet another condi/stealth based broken spec for **mesmer**...that will had nerfed after years of crying on the forum

Did I miss anything?

Look what happend to balance when PoF came. 3 years. 3 years later and balance is still shit. Now imagine they add another expansion while the previous one is still in terrible state. Its like building a house, you didnt even set proper foundations of 1st floor and you want to start building 2nd one. Thats not gonna work, but as previous comments already mentioned, no1 takes pvp seriously anymore, so w/e.

Comparing gw2 to mmo with the biggest amounts of expansions, which is WoW, the biggest problem comes with design of the game. In WoW you have 3 talent specs (except DH) and when new expac comes they delete some skills, add other, buff this, nerf that, gucci. In gw2 they are adding more and more specs to the game, leaving holes for totally useless specs and totally op. And specs coming with the newest expac are usually the most stupid, op and looking like literally no1 tested it before releasing (Mirage? DE? hello?). So yeah, when it comes to the pvp and balance theres not much to be hoped for. Its hard to make all specs viable when theres so many of them, especially for company like ANet thats lazy, looking for excuses and not even trying to do so.

But hey, adding the most broken and meta builds to the newest expansion in order to make sure ppl buy expac, oldest trick in the book.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> I am expecting the same BS for new elites, following the same balance path and application as we've seen with HoT and PoF

>

> 1) Another broken/OP ill design for **necro , guardian and engineer** basically doing everything

> 2) Some other stealth based abusing dumb design for **thief**

> 3) Some busted sustain/damage/CC spam kitten for **warrior** that will be nerfed hard in PvP after 1-2 years of constant nagging on the forum

> 4) Another high sustain duellist build for **ranger** with min team support that will be repeatedly nerfed until out of PvP

> 5) Some broken mess for **revenant** which will be either useless or completely broken and barely nerfed after that

> 6) Some overly complex mess of an ill design for **elementalist** that will either have long kitten casting time on skill with ridiculous high CD that produce laughable dmg..only to be buffed to relevance later on and subsequently nerfed to the ground ( or close to it)

> 7) Yet another condi/stealth based broken spec for **mesmer**...that will had nerfed after years of crying on the forum

>

> Did I miss anything?

>

So, no mesmer?

> @"Spellhunter.9675" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > I am expecting the same BS for new elites, following the same balance path and application as we've seen with HoT and PoF

> >

> > 1) Another broken/OP ill design for **necro , guardian and engineer** basically doing everything

> > 2) Some other stealth based abusing dumb design for **thief**

> > 3) Some busted sustain/damage/CC spam kitten for **warrior** that will be nerfed hard in PvP after 1-2 years of constant nagging on the forum

> > 4) Another high sustain duellist build for **ranger** with min team support that will be repeatedly nerfed until out of PvP

> > 5) Some broken mess for **revenant** which will be either useless or completely broken and barely nerfed after that

> > 6) Some overly complex mess of an ill design for **elementalist** that will either have long kitten casting time on skill with ridiculous high CD that produce laughable dmg..only to be buffed to relevance later on and subsequently nerfed to the ground ( or close to it)

> > 7) Yet another condi/stealth based broken spec for **mesmer**...that will had nerfed after years of crying on the forum

> >

> > Did I miss anything?

> >

>

> So, no mesmer?

Edited with mesmer

Yes, I am going to buy it immidiately because I play this game. I am just trying to not think about what they do with new e-specs if they do them at all. It's either going to be the biggest mess and chaos we've had so far or they will actually test stuff out properly and balance everything in the proper manner once.