Icebrood Saga length?

Kyzonu.7504

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Nazarick.9653" said:

> > No new chapters until next year (Nov is all about Steam), expansion coming out at some point then...don't get your hopes up.

>

> Where did you see that? I've not heard anything about their plans for November so I'd like to find out what they said.

Op in this thread

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112953/guild-wars-2-is-coming-to-steam/p1

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Nazarick.9653" said:

> > > No new chapters until next year (Nov is all about Steam), expansion coming out at some point then...don't get your hopes up.

> >

> > Where did you see that? I've not heard anything about their plans for November so I'd like to find out what they said.

>

> Op in this thread

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112953/guild-wars-2-is-coming-to-steam/p1

Where does it say no new chapters until next year though? All we know is Steam release in Nov, there's no mention of whether an episode will or will not drop like the person Danikat quoted said

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"Nazarick.9653" said:

> > > > No new chapters until next year (Nov is all about Steam), expansion coming out at some point then...don't get your hopes up.

> > >

> > > Where did you see that? I've not heard anything about their plans for November so I'd like to find out what they said.

> >

> > Op in this thread

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112953/guild-wars-2-is-coming-to-steam/p1

>

> Where does it say no new chapters until next year though? All we know is Steam release in Nov, there's no mention of whether an episode will or will not drop like the person Danikat quoted said

Well its a guess seeing as we dont have a trailer yet so no release next week, november is steam month so fat chance of a relase then and december is holiday event so no release then either.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Well its a guess seeing as we dont have a trailer yet so no release next week, november is steam month so fat chance of a relase then and december is holiday event so no release then either.

Octobre is not even over., Arenanet usually drops the trailers one or two weeks before releasing the episode.

So, we could get the trailer on the third of November and than the Episode on the tenth or 17th.

Also, nothing says Novembre is a month devoted to $team .

The $team release is nothing major for Arenanet to bother about.

They most likely just drop it of at $team and that's it.

It will not impact Arenanet's content release schedule (if they have one).

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> if Anet were to actually talk to their community, we'd know one way or the other

I wish Arenanet would finally start doing this.

But they probably don't have enough people to even try.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > @"Nazarick.9653" said:

> > > > > No new chapters until next year (Nov is all about Steam), expansion coming out at some point then...don't get your hopes up.

> > > >

> > > > Where did you see that? I've not heard anything about their plans for November so I'd like to find out what they said.

> > >

> > > Op in this thread

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112953/guild-wars-2-is-coming-to-steam/p1

> >

> > Where does it say no new chapters until next year though? All we know is Steam release in Nov, there's no mention of whether an episode will or will not drop like the person Danikat quoted said

>

> Well its a guess seeing as we dont have a trailer yet so no release next week, november is steam month so fat chance of a relase then and december is holiday event so no release then either.

The Confer with Bangar achievement seems to line up with a possible episode release of November 24th.

Two more lines in the achievement would show next Tuesday the 27th as the next tick and November 10th as the last one, which should mean a trailer on that date for the 24th release.

There's also the voice acting patch to consider as well, Anet did say after the Fractal the would be prioritising the voice acting for the last 2 episodes and we've heard nothing about that since then.

If they release another new episode before the voice acting patch comes in for the last two episodes I would expect it to cause quite a bit of anger from those who still haven't played them because of the lacking voice work issue.

Personally I would be pretty kittened about it.

For me there has been no new content in this game since mid May.. unless you count the Skimmer update.

Getting VA into No Quater and Jormag rising should be a much higher priority than any new content.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> If they release another new episode before the voice acting patch comes in for the last two episodes I would expect it to cause quite a bit of anger from those who still haven't played them because of the lacking voice work issue.

I certainly hope these people direct that anger at themselves, because that's where it belongs.

It's not Arenanet's fault that these people didn't play the episodes.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > If they release another new episode before the voice acting patch comes in for the last two episodes I would expect it to cause quite a bit of anger from those who still haven't played them because of the lacking voice work issue.

> I certainly hope these people direct that anger at themselves, because that's where it belongs.

> It's not Arenanet's fault that these people didn't play the episodes.

>

It can easily be counter argued that it is! Anets fault for releasing unfinished content and splitting their playerbase in the first place.. and are now punishing players who didn't want to ruin the new content by playing it in an unfinished state and are instead pandering to players who clearly do not care about the quality of this game.

There's no right or wrong side to that argument, both are valid.

Anet was the one that split the players though so it's in their best interest to remedy that asap.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Anets fault for releasing unfinished content and splitting their playerbase in the first place.

> and are now punishing players who didn't want to ruin the new content by playing it in an unfinished state

It's not unfinished though.

They announced that the finished product will not contain voices.

And having no voices definitely is better than having **no content at all.**

> and are instead pandering to players who clearly do not care about the quality of this game.

Seeing how bad the voice acting in GW2 is, having no voices hardly puts a dent into the quality.

> Anet was the one that split the players

The players themselves decided to split themselves off the others, not Arenanet.

> There's no right or wrong side to that argument, both are valid.

Arenanet did the best they could do in that situation, to satisfy as many people as possible.

Arenanet did not tell them to wait, they made that decision by themselves.

Blaming others for one's own decision **always** is wrong.

I, for one, am glad Arenanet did not listen to the "no voices no story" camp and released the content.

I certainly am not the only one being glad about getting any new content at all.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Anets fault for releasing unfinished content and splitting their playerbase in the first place.

> > and are now punishing players who didn't want to ruin the new content by playing it in an unfinished state

> It's not unfinished though.

> They announced that the finished product will not contain voices.

> And having no voices definitely is better than having **no content at all.**

>

That's a matter of perspective.

Most would probably agree that content designed with voice acting in mind and being released without it would definitely classify as unfinished content.

They did announce it true but they also promised that the voice acting patch would be a priority after the fractal was released.

That's why people would be understandably annoyed if they focused on new content instead after saying they wouldn't.

Last bit is definitely a matter of opinion.

I would very much disagree with you on that one, i'd have preferred the content delayed and efforts spent elsewhere in the game.

If Anet had held these episodes back they would have had months of additional time to keep working on them, add more stuff, fine tune other things etc just made them even better.

Could have even used the time to work on getting more LW1 stuff back in the game or fix up some of the older content (like the moon fortress event in Kourna).. even add more to the core world like many have asked for and wanted for years.

It was a good opportunity for that sort of thing and there are so many areas of this game that have been neglected for far too long in favour of pushing ahead with new content.. Anet has a bad habit of that unfortunately.

> > and are instead pandering to players who clearly do not care about the quality of this game.

> Seeing how bad the voice acting in GW2 is, having no voices hardly puts a dent into the quality.

>

That's again a matter of opinion, Many people like the voice acting in this game.

For me not having it is hardly much different than watching a movie for the first time with no audio or a song for the first time with half the backtrack missing.. it just ruins it.

Gw2 is heavily PVE story focused and that makes the voice acting a huge part of the Gw2 experience.. when that is absent it is extremely noticeable and there are people who have played the last two episodes who have also said as much.

> > Anet was the one that split the players

> The players themselves decided to split themselves off the others, not Arenanet.

>

If you were moving into a new house but there were no windows installed, but the builders said they would come back later and install them would you still move into the house or wait for the windows?

Would you then be annoyed if the builders went on to build new houses instead of installing your windows like they said they would?

I know it's not the same thing, obviously it's just an example using the same logic in a more extreme scenario.

It's just meant to highlight the importance of a particular thing between us, you might not care about the VA but a lot of us really really do.

We can't be blamed for choosing not to play unfinished content no more than we would blame someone for not wanting to move into an unfinished house.

The promise of completion is what's important here, Anet made it and so they will deserve an angry backlash from fans if they don't deliver on it.

Specially when it's something this big and important to the game to a lot of people.

> > There's no right or wrong side to that argument, both are valid.

> Arenanet did the best they could do in that situation, to satisfy as many people as possible.

> Arenanet did not tell them to wait, they made that decision by themselves.

The pandemic is the only reason people accepted and understood the decision even if they disagreed with it.

That's never been up for debate everyone knew that which is why there hasn't been any backlash about it.

As said above Anet said they would prioritise the VA patch after the fractal and that's what's important.

Some have waited almost 6 months of no content for this patch to happen so they can finally play the last 2 episodes.

Individual player decisions to wait or play is ultimately, irrelevant.

Anet said they'd prioritise the VA and a lot of players expect them to stick to that.