what about focus

felix.2386

I think Scepter/Focus should be made into core options for core revenant; Make them a ranged Condi-option for Revenant so they have a ranged weapon for those types of builds. You could build it to be like trident with tons of ranged offensive options and some defensive cc's. Personally I think Scepter/Focus is Iconic for magic classes right along with daggers, but these two would fit into core much better than the other options we have.

Then with the E-spec we get Svanir with dagger/Dagger to mimic the claws of the norn bear~

If we got focus id like it to be both main and off hand focus and the elite working like a pugilist , using the focus to suround your hand with mist and punching with it , you could also make it so the attacks have a little ranged hit , that gives us a melee and ranged weapon at the same time .

Also people want either a power or condi dps weapon , you could make the melee attack based on power and the ranged projectile have a condi effect based on legend , for example on mallynx the melee is just dmg but the projectile inflicts torment on the auto , while in shiro you just make dmg on both the melee hit and the projectile , jalis makes the enemy attack lower and ventary heals an ally when the projectile goes through him , and the new legend can be more of a mixed dmg legend , a trait line that takes out the projectile but makes your melee hit harder and other line that makes the projectile deal more condis but reduces the power dmg when youre melee, about the elite lore i think you dont realy need to use a class that already exists , mist power itself is interesting and maybe instead of using a legend revs could just learn to use the mist itself to attack , an elite that takes out the legends but lets you choose a skill for one legend and then you have pure mist skills could be goon , i mean you get 6 skills , and like other clases you can choose any of those 6 skills to have and also get to choose 1 skill from the 4 legends you have as core , as example you build a condi rev so you use 4 skills from the new elite and take mallynx elite to complement that condi build , this takes out legends and the legend related skills and traits but could be intereating to see

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> if its focus will be heavy on blint/teleports and stealth, wich imo rev doesnt need much.

>

There’s not a single focus in the game that has a blink/teleport or stealth as one of its skills, so not sure why you assume a revenant getting focus would have to have a teleport or stealth attached to it

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> I'll take anything that isn't a sceptre.

> Focus could be interesting, but I'd like it combined with a MH weapon that isn't a sceptre.

> Dagger or Axe would be great, if we're going the 2x1hander route.

> Revenant already lacks weapons, only getting an OH with 2 skills would suck.

I wouldn't mind Sceptre if it was a 900 range Power weapon tbh.

A mid ranged weapon would be what Rev needs right now for build variety. (PvP wise that is, and if it is good enough, PvE too)

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > if its focus will be heavy on blint/teleports and stealth, wich imo rev doesnt need much.

> >

>

> There’s not a single focus in the game that has a blink/teleport or stealth as one of its skills, so not sure why you assume a revenant getting focus would have to have a teleport or stealth attached to it

>

the charr rev animations on the LS they kinda seamed to much ninja style, i hope its a GS, but i think Anet will give something diferent so we will end with mace or sword as main weapon :\