Warrior is Terrible still

gmmg.9210

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > idk man, that triple arc divider hitting me for 7k each in a second in my combat log says otherwise. i'm not saying warrior is without issues, but it's def not the worst.

> >

> > Getting hit by more than 1 arc divider...

> > Big oof, ppl like you are the reason warrior got nerfed so much that the class is no threat in higher level of play, because ppl know how to dodge.

> >

> > In low level you can stomp with any class.

>

> wish i had a dodge at the ready, but endurance don't just recharge because I want it to. Thanks for the tip tho.

And there is how we know the problem. You always save a dodge for emergency purposes. You should never be out of endurance except right after dodging arc divider. :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bezerker.2379" said:

> > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > > idk man, that triple arc divider hitting me for 7k each in a second in my combat log says otherwise. i'm not saying warrior is without issues, but it's def not the worst.

> > >

> > > Getting hit by more than 1 arc divider...

> > > Big oof, ppl like you are the reason warrior got nerfed so much that the class is no threat in higher level of play, because ppl know how to dodge.

> > >

> > > In low level you can stomp with any class.

> >

> > wish i had a dodge at the ready, but endurance don't just recharge because I want it to. Thanks for the tip tho.

>

> And there is how we know the problem. You always save a dodge for emergency purposes. You should never be out of endurance except right after dodging arc divider. :)

Mirages only have one dodge, but then they usually take sigils and runes to make up for that.

After a long time playing Warrior and really trying to like it as a main class, I finally made the decision to delete it.

Sorry guys!

But to me, Warrior does really not feel like a "Warrior" in this game, and I always played Warrior in a lot of other game. GW1 Warrior was actually a lot more fun and it has the feel of beeing a Warrior.

Not here it seems. Unless they change it, but knowing Anet's history with changes...

> @"Edge.8724" said:

> After a long time playing Warrior and really trying to like it as a main class, I finally made the decision to delete it.

> Sorry guys!

> But to me, Warrior does really not feel like a "Warrior" in this game, and I always played Warrior in a lot of other game. GW1 Warrior was actually a lot more fun and it has the feel of beeing a Warrior.

> Not here it seems. Unless they change it, but knowing Anet's history with changes...

Well, you came to late. Before all the nerfs, that warrior received over all those years, it actually felt like a warrior class.

> @"Edge.8724" said:

> After a long time playing Warrior and really trying to like it as a main class, I finally made the decision to delete it.

> Sorry guys!

> But to me, Warrior does really not feel like a "Warrior" in this game, and I always played Warrior in a lot of other game. GW1 Warrior was actually a lot more fun and it has the feel of beeing a Warrior.

> Not here it seems. Unless they change it, but knowing Anet's history with changes...

If you are deleting your warrior, then try out Ranger/Soulbeast or Reaper if you have not already. Both are fairly straight forward and feel meaningful. Ranger Greatsword + Longbow is the most balanced and useful weapon set combination in the game and Reaper's Shroud feels like god mode. Burn Guardian/DH is rather fun as well, at least in WvW.

> @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> I made the joke the other day, but warrior should be renamed "Bard" in gw2 (with the shout support build, this has been it's intended purpose all this time).

now warrior officially the support class across the board.

banner buffer in pve

shoutheal in pvp

and bubble buffer in WvW

thanks anet.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > I made the joke the other day, but warrior should be renamed "Bard" in gw2 (with the shout support build, this has been it's intended purpose all this time).

>

> now warrior officially the support class across the board.

> banner buffer in pve

> shoutheal in pvp

> and bubble buffer in WvW

>

> thanks anet.

I wouldn't even say these are strong support either, they're just the last possible viable option in organized play...

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > > I made the joke the other day, but warrior should be renamed "Bard" in gw2 (with the shout support build, this has been it's intended purpose all this time).

> >

> > now warrior officially the support class across the board.

> > banner buffer in pve

> > shoutheal in pvp

> > and bubble buffer in WvW

> >

> > thanks anet.

>

> I wouldn't even say these are strong support either, they're just the last possible viable option in organized play...

The PVP support seems like a distilled version of what support Warrior should be, it has some heals but not that much, it buffs its teammates damage with some might and vuln, clears conditions and does some cc but not that much, so it is all rounder that counters spam and it only functions in a group cause it ain't doing any damage (3k final thrust with all the damage shouts popped by the way). It is pretty bad actually in queues since keeping randoms alive is pointless if they don't do anything. Warrior just suffers from CanKeepOneNodeInatus disease on any build, bruiser or support if it is played well.

@ArielRebel.3426 I don't know why do they call the build HealBreaker it sounds too cool, Emotional support warrior would have been better.

"Come on mister Holo you can do it, FOR GREAT JUSTICE."

Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other crap that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs. This only thing I would like to see is a rework of the dead 300s traits, a few weapons skills updated, and either a rework or a buff to Healing Signet as, in its current state, its unusable compared to Mending.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

>

> I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

power warrior is just completely trash,

kalla renegade destroys power war

holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

condi core thief destroys power war

most gimmick condi build destroys power war

flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> >

> > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

>

> you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

>

> most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> power warrior is just completely trash,

> kalla renegade destroys power war

> holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> condi core thief destroys power war

> most gimmick condi build destroys power war

> flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

>

> power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

>

>

>

"most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > >

> > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> >

> > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> >

> > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > power warrior is just completely trash,

> > kalla renegade destroys power war

> > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > condi core thief destroys power war

> > most gimmick condi build destroys power war

> > flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

> >

> > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> >

> >

> >

>

> "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

what do i not get?

your 0 knowledge of the current pvp scene or that hard stuck gold badge of yours or that after 9 months of "shaving other classes" power war is still garbage?

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > >

> > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> >

> > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> >

> > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> >

> > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> >

> >

> >

>

Holos can be somehow played around....only impossible MU is against power heralds, everything else is a fair game

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > > >

> > > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> > >

> > > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> > >

> > > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > > power warrior is just completely trash,

> > > kalla renegade destroys power war

> > > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > > condi core thief destroys power war

> > > most gimmick condi build destroys power war

> > > flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

> > >

> > > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> > you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

>

> what do i not get?

> your 0 knowledge of the current pvp scene or that hard stuck gold badge of yours or that after 9 months of "shaving other classes" power war is still garbage?

>

imagine accusing someone of having 0 knowledge yet failing to realize that everything that got the proper shaves is not currently in the meta, and those that have not been touched completely yet still are. imagine.

and btw, my "gold badge" is worth more than your bronze existence. sit down.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > > >

> > > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> > >

> > > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> > >

> > > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > >

> > > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> > you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

>

> It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

>

> put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

To be fair, there is a point where other classes are nerfed to the point that the current warrior is god mode by comparison.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > > > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> > > >

> > > > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> > > >

> > > > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > > > power warrior is just completely trash,

> > > > kalla renegade destroys power war

> > > > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > > > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > > > condi core thief destroys power war

> > > > most gimmick condi build destroys power war

> > > > flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

> > > >

> > > > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> > > you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

> >

> > It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

> >

> > put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

>

> To be fair, there is a point where other classes are nerfed to the point that the current warrior is god mode by comparison.

.. and is anyone of the illusion this will happen? If it does, then warrior isn't as bad off as people want to make it sound is it ...

I mean, let's come back to reality and recognize that Anet isn't balancing to some equivalent performance for classes relative to each other ... and there ... we are done. Warrior is terrible ... people are arguing this is a problem ... when the performance difference may actually be INTENDED. That's not an unreasonable claim either ... why wouldn't a game dev introduce different levels of difficulty between classes into a multi-class MMO?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> > > > >

> > > > > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> > > > >

> > > > > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > > > > power warrior is just completely trash,

> > > > > kalla renegade destroys power war

> > > > > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > > > > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > > > > condi core thief destroys power war

> > > > > most gimmick condi build destroys power war

> > > > > flamethrower scrapper destroys power war

> > > > >

> > > > > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> > > > you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

> > >

> > > It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

> > >

> > > put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

> >

> > To be fair, there is a point where other classes are nerfed to the point that the current warrior is god mode by comparison.

>

> .. and is anyone of the illusion this will happen? If it does, then warrior isn't as bad off as people want to make it sound is it ...

>

> I mean, let's come back to reality and recognize that Anet isn't balancing to some equivalent performance for classes relative to each other ... and there ... we are done. Warrior is terrible ... people are arguing this is a problem ... when the performance difference may actually be INTENDED. That's not an unreasonable claim either ... why wouldn't a game dev introduce different levels of difficulty between classes into a multi-class MMO?

It is more of 'Warrior is a good example of balance right now' and if that is the case then the nerfs that other classes would need for that to be true are more than I think those mains could handle without their psyche cracking.

That said Warrior would definitely be hard mode at the moment. I don't think the performance delta _is_ intended to the degree that it exists now, but we are going to be stuck with it until EoD's e-specs get close to done.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

>

> put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

That's actually exactly why warrior is "terrible". Buff warrior anymore and it'll start going right back to pre-february nerf numbers.

Just fyi - lvl 1 bursts on spellbreaker still hit pretty high numbers, anywhere from 6k+

it's proven spellbreakers can be tanky still, even after the nerfs. look at healbreaker.

warrior in general can also be pretty tanky if they take defense, a trait line focusing on enduring damage, rather than strength, a trait line focusing on DOING damage.

serker can still shred away HP, at the cost of losing defense. which is fine.

#justsayin

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > > > Warrior is not even bad, it's just other things are still untouched or not touched enough. quit living in pre-nerf days, nobody likes to get hit with a lvl 1 burst skill on a 6s cd that chunks 11k+ out of your health pool. That was broken, still is broken. Nerf the other kitten that's still OP, then warrior will climb back to where it needs to be without touching it at all. Ez.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mostly agree with this. I don't really think we need to buff Warrior, but rather nerf a few over-performing specs.

> > > >

> > > > you still don't get it after 9 months of saying "nerf a few over performing specs"?

> > > >

> > > > most builds already hard nerfed multiple times, and meta shifted multiple times, warrior is now the support healer with 0 possible damage potential.

> > > > holo still out performs power war in team play even after multiple hard nerfs

> > > > core ranger still beats war side node, even tho it's non-existence in meta.

> > > >

> > > > power war right now is literally bad in top end and bad in low end, only good at wrecking out-skilled noobs.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > "most builds" yet the ones who are currently consistently on the top have -gasp- not been touched still.

> > > you still don't get it after screaming "BUFF BUFF BUFF" for 40 years huh... lel

> >

> > It might feel good to think nerfing OP'ed builds are the answer ... but your warrior will still be trash ... #schadenfreude

> >

> > put this this way ... Warrior isn't terrible because those other classes have OPed builds. #justsayin

>

> That's actually exactly why warrior is "terrible". Buff warrior anymore and it'll start going right back to pre-february nerf numbers.

> Just fyi - lvl 1 bursts on spellbreaker still hit pretty high numbers, anywhere from 6k+

> it's proven spellbreakers can be tanky still, even after the nerfs. look at healbreaker.

> warrior in general can also be pretty tanky if they take defense, a trait line focusing on enduring damage, rather than strength, a trait line focusing on DOING damage.

Half of Defense is either broken by the devs on purpose or doesn't aid in sustain.

Strength you are pigeonholed into FGS and MMR for sustain instead of DPS, as much for the endurance gain as for the hp gain.

> serker can still shred away HP, at the cost of losing defense. which is fine.

>

> #justsayin

Zerker won't live long enough versus most competent opponents to shred their HP. It happens but getting killed by a Zerker repeatedly is a good litmus test if someone needs to go l2p their class.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> That's actually exactly why warrior is "terrible". Buff warrior anymore and it'll start going right back to pre-february nerf numbers.

> Just fyi - lvl 1 bursts on spellbreaker still hit pretty high numbers, anywhere from 6k+

> it's proven spellbreakers can be tanky still, even after the nerfs. look at healbreaker.

> warrior in general can also be pretty tanky if they take defense, a trait line focusing on enduring damage, rather than strength, a trait line focusing on DOING damage.

> serker can still shred away HP, at the cost of losing defense. which is fine.

>

> #justsayin

That makes no sense ... for exactly the reason in the post you quoted. Warrior isn't trash because other classes are massively OP. It's not out of the question it's intentional they are hard to play. Again, that kind of thinking assumes that Anet's goal is to make all the classes equivalent in performance in competitive environments. Nothing in this game should give you that impression.