[Poll] Weapon for the next Warrior Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

> @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> Staff makes the most sense IMO in terms of what we've gotten so far. Torch was just an OH, dagger was MH/OH, the next one could be a 2H :)

Yeah the community clearly wants a polearm/staff wielding warrior next, let's see if anet listens to us. They listened to thieves and rifles as well, so let's see, I'm excited already!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've chosen shortbow but I'd be happy with staff and pistols aswell to be honest. I'm reading the rest of the comments and oh boy.... Deal with the fact that shield and focus are OFF HAND weapons and we won't be able to use them in our main hand. Just no. Next one is greataxe. A.net will not make ANY new weapon while we still have a few weapons that could be used in future elite specs. The only way we would have this begged greataxe is something simillar to necro/reaper shroud when we use different set of skills and a scythe.

> @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> I voted Scepter because I can't think of any good explanation for it being scepter... :)

> But let's go Scepter / Focus.

>

> I'm thinking the new spec would be "Old Geezer" and you would get "lecture" utilities like your AoE knockback "You Kids Get Off My Lawn!"

> An Alacrity / Condition removal Elite skill: "back in my Day!"

>

> And you'd use the scepter to hit shorter toons on the head and then yell harshly at them, causing the 'fear' effect.

> Or if you're an Asura you'd hit them in the kneecaps and trigger a 'fear' that used the 'laughing' emote...

>

> You'd also have a "spill my coffee" offhand with "focus" that on finishing the spec gives you a 'complimentary retirement mug' that does condition damage'.

>

> You're #3 would be "shake a stick at them" that works as a charge attack.

>

> You healing skill would be "take my meds" where you wave the stick, turn about randomly, and suffer a knockdown, but get a massive heal.

>

> Because well...

>

> Warrior basically has everything... and so... that's what I've got... :)

we have no blinks, no stealth, no true invulnerability (endure pain isnt), bad ranged attacks, no good conditions... warrior has basicaly nothing

• 1 year later...

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> *What weapon would you like to get for the next **warrior** elite specialization?*

>

> *Clarifications*:

> Since spellbreaker gets dagger/dagger I also added pistol/pistol because it's very likely to get them main- and offhand as well.

> I also added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a warrior.

>

> I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next warrior's elite specialization! :)

I think we will almost certainly see staff; it's what the community wants and has been asking for. I think it will be based on the idea of the W/Mo from the first game, maybe in the spirit of Mhenlo. Something focused around healing, cleansing, and protecting while still retaining the core principles of Warrior.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> > I voted Scepter because I can't think of any good explanation for it being scepter... :)

> > But let's go Scepter / Focus.

> >

> > I'm thinking the new spec would be "Old Geezer" and you would get "lecture" utilities like your AoE knockback "You Kids Get Off My Lawn!"

> > An Alacrity / Condition removal Elite skill: "back in my Day!"

> >

> > And you'd use the scepter to hit shorter toons on the head and then yell harshly at them, causing the 'fear' effect.

> > Or if you're an Asura you'd hit them in the kneecaps and trigger a 'fear' that used the 'laughing' emote...

> >

> > You'd also have a "spill my coffee" offhand with "focus" that on finishing the spec gives you a 'complimentary retirement mug' that does condition damage'.

> >

> > You're #3 would be "shake a stick at them" that works as a charge attack.

> >

> > You healing skill would be "take my meds" where you wave the stick, turn about randomly, and suffer a knockdown, but get a massive heal.

> >

> > Because well...

> >

> > Warrior basically has everything... and so... that's what I've got... :)

>

> we have no blinks, no stealth, no true invulnerability (endure pain isnt), bad ranged attacks, no good conditions... warrior has basicaly nothing

Bro you are in every thread I see complaining about how bad Warrior is. Why even play the class? Lmao you sound like you'd be better fit for something based on stealth and kiting :)

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > *What weapon would you like to get for the next **warrior** elite specialization?*

> >

> > *Clarifications*:

> > Since spellbreaker gets dagger/dagger I also added pistol/pistol because it's very likely to get them main- and offhand as well.

> > I also added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a warrior.

> >

> > I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next warrior's elite specialization! :)

>

> I think we will almost certainly see staff; it's what the community wants and has been asking for. I think it will be based on the idea of the W/Mo from the first game, maybe in the spirit of Mhenlo. Something focused around healing, cleansing, and protecting while still retaining the core principles of Warrior.

Community has been asking for pistol/pistol or land spear. Staff is just a poor replacement for land spear. Screw healing, they won't let warrior have that much sustain.

From weapons already in game, 2handed spear/trident or pistol/pistol. Depends if they want to make elite spec following lore from gw1, similarly to PoF and Spellbreaker

or they make brand new ones like in HoT which could open up more possibilities. I just hope that warrior won't get monk spec, that's just zzzzzzzzzzz. Or pets/minions... ew.

If they add new weapon type for new elite spec (which I doubt), I would love crossbow. Medium range and with some spicy utility. However, I don't think it is necessary to create brand new weapon type to make good and satisfying elite spec.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > *What weapon would you like to get for the next **warrior** elite specialization?*

> > >

> > > *Clarifications*:

> > > Since spellbreaker gets dagger/dagger I also added pistol/pistol because it's very likely to get them main- and offhand as well.

> > > I also added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a warrior.

> > >

> > > I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next warrior's elite specialization! :)

> >

> > I think we will almost certainly see staff; it's what the community wants and has been asking for. I think it will be based on the idea of the W/Mo from the first game, maybe in the spirit of Mhenlo. Something focused around healing, cleansing, and protecting while still retaining the core principles of Warrior.

>

> Community has been asking for pistol/pistol or land spear. Staff is just a poor replacement for land spear. Screw healing, they won't let warrior have that much sustain.

A quarterstaff or glaive like weapon could really fit the eastern-theme of Cantha though. And while its true that pistol-pistol and land spear has been asked for, based on this poll and talking with other Warriors in the community I think the consensus is staff. Land spear would be nice too, but I doubt they would transfer a water weapon to land. Also one of the class themes is sustain over the long run (i.e MMR, Adrenal Health, Healing Sig, the entire Tactics tree now lol, etc.) so I could see them going for a sustain heavy, maybe even support style W/Mo inspired spec. Would be pretty unique and add something new to the class. I think the only challenge would be making it unique from Guardian.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > *What weapon would you like to get for the next **warrior** elite specialization?*

> >

> > *Clarifications*:

> > Since spellbreaker gets dagger/dagger I also added pistol/pistol because it's very likely to get them main- and offhand as well.

> > I also added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a warrior.

> >

> > I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next warrior's elite specialization! :)

>

> I think we will almost certainly see staff; it's what the community wants and has been asking for. I think it will be based on the idea of the W/Mo from the first game, maybe in the spirit of Mhenlo. Something focused around healing, cleansing, and protecting while still retaining the core principles of Warrior.

Maybe we will get polearms/spears as new weapons. I think it would be possible, but yeah otherwise a staff would work similar.

I will stand by Pistol Pistol all day and all week long! Simply for the fact that it offers the most to the warrior in terms of builds and what we are able to do.

It will also provide the warrior with a 1h ranged option at last! (the only core class to not have a 1h range weapon!)

The issue with staff i have is this,

What would the staff offer that the GS and Hammer doesn't?

Personally Staff melee will bring nothing new to the warrior and still feel the same in a way.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

>

> we have no blinks, no stealth, no true invulnerability (endure pain isnt), bad ranged attacks, no good conditions... warrior has basicaly nothing

Defiant stance kinda is a 100% unvuln since condi heals you through the duration.

Initially I wanted polearm/spear so i could finish a samurai themed warrior and I've got comments in game that I've done well with armor fashion and belinda's sword skin combo but unfortunately other than gs5 non of warriors gs/sword and bow skills feel anything like samurai lol they fit the basic warrior trope but lack any real technical style that ud see in samurai sword techniques so sure u can dress the warrior up like a samurai but it doesn't play anything like one, actually I've found rangers sword and bow styles far more closer so would be cool to see a ronin with that spec and asian symbolic animal.

With that said a spear would still be cool for a warrior battle weapon and would definitely fit the class, I think more than pistol but that's just opinion. A 2h battle axe with one hard cc and rest dps skills would fit as well, think opposite of hammer lol.

I definitely don't want dual shields lol.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> > > I voted Scepter because I can't think of any good explanation for it being scepter... :)

> > > But let's go Scepter / Focus.

> > >

> > > I'm thinking the new spec would be "Old Geezer" and you would get "lecture" utilities like your AoE knockback "You Kids Get Off My Lawn!"

> > > An Alacrity / Condition removal Elite skill: "back in my Day!"

> > >

> > > And you'd use the scepter to hit shorter toons on the head and then yell harshly at them, causing the 'fear' effect.

> > > Or if you're an Asura you'd hit them in the kneecaps and trigger a 'fear' that used the 'laughing' emote...

> > >

> > > You'd also have a "spill my coffee" offhand with "focus" that on finishing the spec gives you a 'complimentary retirement mug' that does condition damage'.

> > >

> > > You're #3 would be "shake a stick at them" that works as a charge attack.

> > >

> > > You healing skill would be "take my meds" where you wave the stick, turn about randomly, and suffer a knockdown, but get a massive heal.

> > >

> > > Because well...

> > >

> > > Warrior basically has everything... and so... that's what I've got... :)

> >

> > we have no blinks, no stealth, no true invulnerability (endure pain isnt), bad ranged attacks, no good conditions... warrior has basicaly nothing

>

> Bro you are in every thread I see complaining about how bad Warrior is. Why even play the class? Lmao you sound like you'd be better fit for something based on stealth and kiting :)

Then you havent seen all my posts "bro"

Edit: i wasnt even complaining "brah" , i was just listing what we dont have to disprove the guy i was replying to.ever heard of conext "bruh"?