[Poll] Weapon for the next Warrior Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> > > > I voted Scepter because I can't think of any good explanation for it being scepter... :)

> > > > But let's go Scepter / Focus.

> > > >

> > > > I'm thinking the new spec would be "Old Geezer" and you would get "lecture" utilities like your AoE knockback "You Kids Get Off My Lawn!"

> > > > An Alacrity / Condition removal Elite skill: "back in my Day!"

> > > >

> > > > And you'd use the scepter to hit shorter toons on the head and then yell harshly at them, causing the 'fear' effect.

> > > > Or if you're an Asura you'd hit them in the kneecaps and trigger a 'fear' that used the 'laughing' emote...

> > > >

> > > > You'd also have a "spill my coffee" offhand with "focus" that on finishing the spec gives you a 'complimentary retirement mug' that does condition damage'.

> > > >

> > > > You're #3 would be "shake a stick at them" that works as a charge attack.

> > > >

> > > > You healing skill would be "take my meds" where you wave the stick, turn about randomly, and suffer a knockdown, but get a massive heal.

> > > >

> > > > Because well...

> > > >

> > > > Warrior basically has everything... and so... that's what I've got... :)

> > >

> > > we have no blinks, no stealth, no true invulnerability (endure pain isnt), bad ranged attacks, no good conditions... warrior has basicaly nothing

> >

> > Bro you are in every thread I see complaining about how bad Warrior is. Why even play the class? Lmao you sound like you'd be better fit for something based on stealth and kiting :)

>

> Then you havent seen all my posts "bro"

>

> Edit: i wasnt even complaining "brah" , i was just listing what we dont have to disprove the guy i was replying to.ever heard of conext "bruh"?

Brah hasn't seen your spellbreaker build.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> *What weapon would you like to get for the next **warrior** elite specialization?*

>

> *Clarifications*:

> Since spellbreaker gets dagger/dagger I also added pistol/pistol because it's very likely to get them main- and offhand as well.

> I also added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a warrior.

>

> I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next warrior's elite specialization! :)

A spear for melee to mid range combat. Power Dmg, faster gameplay.

If they went for a samurai type class they could use existing sword / greatsword and have the "trade off" be that you can only use 1 weapon but instead your weapon swap is a stance swap for a different set of skills. Or they could keep the 1 weapon idea but then give warrior "kits" with samurai style weapons.

My issue if it is staff... there are no legendary staff's that look good for melee or throwing, and the only staff that i think is 'acceptable' is the Lightwards Battlestaff

![](https://i.imgur.com/1fL7bGn.jpg "")

I will stick with my 'guns' (ha...) I want a pistol, since it will bring the most to the class, gives the most combinations, the most theory crafting for builds and overall will create more styles of play for the warrior.

How will it fit into Cantha? I couldnt tell you. But do elite specs really need to be based on the area you go to? Or could it be based on 'training' done in the mainland? As an example a charr regiment trains up warriors to be proficient with the pistol.

I will be heavily dissa-pointed (had to split this word up due to silly emoji's) if they provide any other weapon due to the benifits i can see with pistol... Staff im struggling to see what we'd gain from it. Logic states we wont get a weapon that gives us nothing new, like a 2h range staff, melee staff or CC melee staff, we already have weapons that fill those roles. Pistol would provide the warrior something it has never had before, range weapons on one hand!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the next Warrior Elite should be main hand spear. Having spears on land would be great, but being able to use an offhand weapon with it would be great. Not enough games allow us to use spears with one hand and I'd personally love to run spear/shield.

Name:

Warden

Spear skills 1-3:

Skill #1/auto attack - two light thrusts with the third attack being a higher thrust that causes vulnerability or blinded

Skill #2 - A sweep in front of you. Knocks enemies down.

Skill #3 - A lunging thrust that hits the target in the foot. Cripples or slows the target.

Healing Skill::

Stand Fast! - A shout that grants health every time you apply a condition and regeneration to nearby allies.

Utility Skills:

On Me! - Shout that grants swiftness and protection

Remember the Fallen! - Shout that causes Alacrity to friendlies and Fear to enemies

Charge - You charge forward knocking down enemies and causing the crippled condition

Javelin - Throw the spear to immobilize the target and cause vulnerability.

Elite Skill:

Rally Point - Banner that grants Vigor and Stability and periodically converts enemy boons in to conditions

Trait wise I'm really at a loss. The spec would be heavily geared towards support so anything to effect boons, conditions, maybe even increase AoE distance would be great.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> warrior doesnt need more weapon, warrior just need more of weapon to have it's own identity and actually be useful lol.

> i would have an espec that changes the core weapon skill to something else

> or actually have 3 weapon slots

"Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become. "

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior

What is a master of weaponary when they can not use all weapons? I still believe full heartivly that warrior needs the 1h Pistol, this will fill the weapon type its been dying for for a long time.

I have commited myself to creating a legendary pistol as a high stake gamble, as i believe the only weapon that warrior should get in the next expansion is the pistol. It would then become the first heavy weight to obtain a pistol to use.

If people say the pistol doesnt fit the warrior class... It uses a rifle already, a rifle and a pistol is a 'soldiers' weapon and the warrior... is basically a soldier.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > warrior doesnt need more weapon, warrior just need more of weapon to have it's own identity and actually be useful lol.

> > i would have an espec that changes the core weapon skill to something else

> > or actually have 3 weapon slots

>

> "Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become. "

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior

>

> What is a master of weaponary when they can not use all weapons? I still believe full heartivly that warrior needs the 1h Pistol, this will fill the weapon type its been dying for for a long time.

>

> I have commited myself to creating a legendary pistol as a high stake gamble, as i believe the only weapon that warrior should get in the next expansion is the pistol. It would then become the first heavy weight to obtain a pistol to use.

>

>

>

> If people say the pistol doesnt fit the warrior class... It uses a rifle already, a rifle and a pistol is a 'soldiers' weapon and the warrior... is basically a soldier.

This. I still think pistol/pistol so that there can be some sword/pistol action like civil war and revolutionary war officers.

Not against Guards or revs getting pistols either.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > warrior doesnt need more weapon, warrior just need more of weapon to have it's own identity and actually be useful lol.

> > i would have an espec that changes the core weapon skill to something else

> > or actually have 3 weapon slots

>

> "Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become. "

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior

>

> What is a master of weaponary when they can not use all weapons? I still believe full heartivly that warrior needs the 1h Pistol, this will fill the weapon type its been dying for for a long time.

>

> I have commited myself to creating a legendary pistol as a high stake gamble, as i believe the only weapon that warrior should get in the next expansion is the pistol. It would then become the first heavy weight to obtain a pistol to use.

>

>

>

> If people say the pistol doesnt fit the warrior class... It uses a rifle already, a rifle and a pistol is a 'soldiers' weapon and the warrior... is basically a soldier.

Mastery of weapon when they can only equip 2 set of weapons, while holosmith has sword hammer and pistol in holo form alone, always bug my mind.

plus warrior is having an hard time to identify each weapon now already

"or actually have 3 weapon slots", lmao, are you guys trolling me right now? :lol:

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> plus warrior is having an hard time to identify each weapon now already

"hard time to identify each weapon"? I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean, can you explain?

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> "or actually have 3 weapon slots", lmao, are you guys trolling me right now? :lol:

Yea, firebrand actually gains 12 extra skills compared to DH/core guard, that's more then one skill set.

druid mode is a third skill sets other then utility set, so is holo mode. deadeye 5 gives rifle 4 new skills.

not sure what's trolly about having 3 weapon skill set.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > plus warrior is having an hard time to identify each weapon now already

>

> "hard time to identify each weapon"? I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean, can you explain?

for example, in PvP, Rev's swords are power build, mace/axe are condi, staff is support/bunker, hammer is range

but for warrior, off hand dagger, what's it for, i don't know. hammer for control? but there's also mace set that's also control. longbow is close-mid range burn condition weapon(longbow were never effective in long range, 2 is best damage fired close and 3 has higher hit chance when fired at feet) and torch is close-mid range burn condition weapon too.

and greatsword is pure power weapon right? but so is axe set, but greatsword is so much better then axe set. that's why pvp power warrior has always been greatsword/X/shield.

off hand mace/sword/axe never find a role in pvp, just like off hand dagger.

and sword has been struggle to identify itself as power or condition for so long.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > "or actually have 3 weapon slots", lmao, are you guys trolling me right now? :lol:

>

> Yea, firebrand actually gains 12 extra skills compared to DH/core guard, that's more then one skill set.

> druid mode is a third skill sets other then utility set, so is holo mode. deadeye 5 gives rifle 4 new skills.

> not sure what's trolly about having 3 weapon skill set.

Ah yes, firebrand, the pinnacle of balance that nobody ever complained about or claimed that he should lose a weapon swap because of his mechanic.

Not long ago I wrote something about "someone thinking gs should be a baseline passive 3rd weapon" for warrior or something along these lines in some mutually sarcastic exchange on warrior subforum, so suddenly seeing people wanting 3rd weapon swap seems pretty trolly to me. But sure, might just be a coincidence :D

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > plus warrior is having an hard time to identify each weapon now already

> >

> > "hard time to identify each weapon"? I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean, can you explain?

>

> for example, in PvP, Rev's swords are power build, mace/axe are condi, staff is support/bunker, hammer is range

>

> but for warrior, off hand dagger, what's it for, i don't know. hammer for control? but there's also mace set that's also control. longbow is close-mid range burn condition weapon(longbow were never effective in long range, 2 is best damage fired close and 3 has higher hit chance when fired at feet) and torch is close-mid range burn condition weapon too.

>

> and greatsword is pure power weapon right? but so is axe set, but greatsword is so much better then axe set. that's why pvp power warrior has always been greatsword/X/shield.

>

> off hand mace/sword/axe never find a role in pvp, just like off hand dagger.

>

> and sword has been struggle to identify itself as power or condition for so long.

Wait, what? What exactly is so confusing about offhand dagger that I'm apparently missing? It seems pretty self-explanatory to me?

Yes, hammer for control. Too lazy to check, but possibly more aoe control? And mace can be mixed-and-matched with other 1h weapons if needed. Are you suggesting that if one weaponset is focused on something, the other has to do something completely else or it's "unidentifiable"? I disagree, but w/e.

bow/torch -I rarely enjoy anything condi-based, so I'm not touching both anyways, might as well be true.

Pretty sure axes are stronger power weapons damage-wise, but GS offers better utility. And again, not sure what's the point here, are you suggesting each class should have literally one power, one condi, one utility weapon or something? I disagree. 2 melee power weapons still can excell in different areas. And I think in this case they clearly do, so I don't think anything wrong with that.

boy oh boy, here we go again,

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

>"Ah yes, firebrand, the pinnacle of balance that nobody ever complained about"

nitpicking subjects,

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

>"What exactly is so confusing about offhand dagger that I'm apparently missing? It seems pretty self-explanatory to me?"

>"Too lazy to check"

comments with no proper argument and limited class knowledge

not sure why you bother yourself to type this comment for, lol

Also just a heads up, people been suggesting more then 2 weapon sets for warrior since 2012, don't get too full of yourself

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> boy oh boy, here we go again,

I don't know what you mean.

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >"Ah yes, firebrand, the pinnacle of balance that nobody ever complained about"

>

> nitpicking subjects,

Nope. You've cut out the rest of the answer that I think was fairly important/relevant here.

I'm pretty sure I've answered to most if not all of your post, not sure how I'm "nitpicking subjects" here.

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >"What exactly is so confusing about offhand dagger that I'm apparently missing? It seems pretty self-explanatory to me?"

> >"Too lazy to check"

>

> comments with no proper argument and limited class knowledge

>

> not sure why you bother yourself to type this comment for, lol

Nothing is confusing in offhand dagger, if you don't understand its purpose, it's pretty obiviously on you.

"too lazy to check", but pretty sure I'm correct here, good job not addressing anything. And how can you talk about limited class knowledge/no proper argument when you fail to understand what a weapon does? oof.

So much for "nitpicking answers" -I guess that's what you've meant when you said "here we go again", eh?

> Also just a heads up, people been suggesting more then 2 weapon sets for warrior since 2012, don't get too full of yourself

And when was the last time? Also in 2012? :D

MH Axe & OH Axe- AoE power

GS AoE power and mobility

MH Sword single target hybrid & mobility OH Sword single target hybrid and sustain.

MH Mace, single target CC and sustain, OH Mace Power/AoE CC

Hammer AoE power and CC (less power in Competitive modes now...)

Longbow - Mixed range hybrid dps

Rifle - Long range power (hahahahaha)

Shield - CC and sustain

Warhorn - AoE support

Torch - short range condi

MH Dagger - Boon rip, CC. OH Dagger power, but less effective than OH Axe, sustain if S&M taken.

Pretty much if you want Condi its Sword/Torch + Longbow. Power is Axe/Axe + GS or Axe/Shield + GS. If CC is needed none Competitive Mace/Mace is taken in a set. Hammer for WvW, dagger/shield for sPvP. Rifle is taken to Meme in WvW or for when you have to range in PvE. Warhorn sees use in Zergs now. The only weapons that do not see much use now are OH sword and OH dagger

Frankly Longbow needs a revamp to make it a true long range Condi weapon, there is a thread on it with some seriously great suggestions and it should be read if you haven't already.

Rifle needs its competitive mode damage numbers to be higher, they cut them too far back in the balance patch, I'm not asking for the old damage numbers back just more than what is there now.

Whatever new weapon we get should be more support oriented and be mid range, I'd be down for a 'F2' that brings up a new bar of skills to use, heck give an F3 bar as well, F2 can be defensive support skills and F3 can be offensive support skills, make each skill use increments of adrenaline, like 5 strikes each. F1 can change to a personal DPS set of skills for all I care. Losing all core bursts would be a trade off right? Each of those can count as a weapon swap and each of the skills used can be considered a T1 burst. Would make for a more nuanced warrior.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> My issue if it is staff... there are no legendary staff's that look good for melee or throwing, and the only staff that i think is 'acceptable' is the Lightwards Battlestaff

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/1fL7bGn.jpg "")

>

> I will stick with my 'guns' (ha...) I want a pistol, since it will bring the most to the class, gives the most combinations, the most theory crafting for builds and overall will create more styles of play for the warrior.

>

> How will it fit into Cantha? I couldnt tell you. But do elite specs really need to be based on the area you go to? Or could it be based on 'training' done in the mainland? As an example a charr regiment trains up warriors to be proficient with the pistol.

> I will be heavily dissa-pointed (had to split this word up due to silly emoji's) if they provide any other weapon due to the benifits i can see with pistol... Staff im struggling to see what we'd gain from it. Logic states we wont get a weapon that gives us nothing new, like a 2h range staff, melee staff or CC melee staff, we already have weapons that fill those roles. Pistol would provide the warrior something it has never had before, range weapons on one hand!

>

>

>

Hey, what about making staves into spears in similar way necro uses staff as scythe. For example magical blade could apear on top of staff while weapon is drawned

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/en/uploads/forum_attachment/file/47883/gw020.jpg

It's not impossible since they made it once.

> @"Grave.9258" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > My issue if it is staff... there are no legendary staff's that look good for melee or throwing, and the only staff that i think is 'acceptable' is the Lightwards Battlestaff

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/1fL7bGn.jpg "")

> >

> > I will stick with my 'guns' (ha...) I want a pistol, since it will bring the most to the class, gives the most combinations, the most theory crafting for builds and overall will create more styles of play for the warrior.

> >

> > How will it fit into Cantha? I couldnt tell you. But do elite specs really need to be based on the area you go to? Or could it be based on 'training' done in the mainland? As an example a charr regiment trains up warriors to be proficient with the pistol.

> > I will be heavily dissa-pointed (had to split this word up due to silly emoji's) if they provide any other weapon due to the benifits i can see with pistol... Staff im struggling to see what we'd gain from it. Logic states we wont get a weapon that gives us nothing new, like a 2h range staff, melee staff or CC melee staff, we already have weapons that fill those roles. Pistol would provide the warrior something it has never had before, range weapons on one hand!

> >

> >

> >

>

> Hey, what about making staves into spears in similar way necro uses staff as scythe. For example magical blade could apear on top of staff while weapon is drawned

>

> https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/en/uploads/forum_attachment/file/47883/gw020.jpg

>

> It's not impossible since they made it once.

Or just make spear a land weapon as well. We’re going to Cantha anyway and DSD will be involved. It would make sense for all the spears and tridents to get ported to land weapons. That or there may be numerous underwater maps... they’d revamp underwater mechanics first right?

@"Grave.9258" said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

Well... I am fully commited now, my stakes are high so i hope I am not dissapointed when Expac 3 comes! I love this pistol and really want to use it on the class i play.

I am just not a fan of spears in games, it is the style of combat from them that I can not get on with.

Anyway, here is how true i am to my cause!

![](https://i.imgur.com/mL9j90W.png)

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> @"Grave.9258" said:

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

>

> Well... I am fully commited now, my stakes are high so i hope I am not dissapointed when Expac 3 comes! I love this pistol and really want to use it on the class i play.

>

> I am just not a fan of spears in games, it is the style of combat from them that I can not get on with.

>

>

> Anyway, here is how true i am to my cause!

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/mL9j90W.png)

>

You commitment is commendable, and I hope you are right. In the event you are wrong though I suppose a pistol/pistol Deadeye is in your future lol.