PSA: Don't buy Ebon Vanguard weapons in Eye of the North

The Ebon Vanguard weapons in Eye of the North can be bought in Ebonhawke for 9,800 karma each.

https://wiki-en.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ebon_Vanguard_weapons

EDIT: The trident for the 10 support marks is the only thing not available from those karma merchants. If you intend to complete the achievement for supporting the Ebon Vanguard, wait until you complete it as it can likely drop from those supply boxes.

Yes, the Hawk Trident being sold for 10 marks is the only new skin.

The Trident skin sold by the merchants in Ebonhawke is actually the staff skin. While it's nice that they fixed that bug and added the skin to the game it's not great that they're selling it in an IBS episode rather than just adding it to the same vendor in the core game.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I don't see any weapons, only the Trident, which you cannot buy anywhere else.

I think only the skins that you do not yet have unlocked actually show up in the vendor. I have some Ebonhawke stuff unlocked (e.g. the longbow), and it doesn't show up. So if you already have all the skins, you can't buy them again. Which is probably good - otherwise people would have unlocked the same skin twice.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> I mean it's 10k karma or some easy marks. Some might not have ton karma and rather spend crystals

I personally found 10K karma quicker to get and we also have Wintersday coming up in two weeks which will provide a ton of karma.

It's a choice to farm the same DRMs again sixteen times or so for the weapons or do other content instead that might be more engaging.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> I mean it's 10k karma or some easy marks. Some might not have ton karma and rather spend crystals

I mean I agree - tokens are far, far quicker to grab than Karma which is a very precious resource for me and needed for a few things and in a couple of days I'll have the set. I'd certainly never, ever buy the skins for karma. But then again, I'd never use the skins. I'm not sure many would get them beyond filling up their wardrobe

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > I mean it's 10k karma or some easy marks. Some might not have ton karma and rather spend crystals

>

> I personally found 10K karma quicker to get and we also have Wintersday coming up in two weeks which will provide a ton of karma.

>

> It's a choice to farm the same DRMs again sixteen times or so for the weapons or do other content instead that might be more engaging.

You don't even need to do the DRM's. Just exchange materials or do Field of Ruins - events and Ogre kills. The daily achievements give the tokens

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > I mean it's 10k karma or some easy marks. Some might not have ton karma and rather spend crystals

>

> I personally found 10K karma quicker to get and we also have Wintersday coming up in two weeks which will provide a ton of karma.

>

> It's a choice to farm the same DRMs again sixteen times or so for the weapons or do other content instead that might be more engaging.

Yeah. I have plenty. I'll buy the 10 boxes for achieve then skins. It's 12 easy a day 6 from trade in. 6 from 4 events/20ogres in fields of ruin. I will not force myself to run 3 drm for 3 crystals tho. I'd rather stare at my wall.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > I mean it's 10k karma or some easy marks. Some might not have ton karma and rather spend crystals

> >

> > I personally found 10K karma quicker to get and we also have Wintersday coming up in two weeks which will provide a ton of karma.

> >

> > It's a choice to farm the same DRMs again sixteen times or so for the weapons or do other content instead that might be more engaging.

>

> You don't even need to do the DRM's. Just exchange materials or do Field of Ruins - events and Ogre kills. The daily achievements give the tokens

Hence the "or do other content instead that might be more engaging"

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> Yeah. I have plenty. I'll buy the 10 boxes for achieve then skins. It's 12 easy a day 6 from trade in. 6 from 4 events/20ogres in fields of ruin. I will not force myself to run 3 drm for 3 crystals tho. I'd rather stare at my wall.

You can do ogres or trade in AND stare at your wall at the same time, win/win.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > I say we let this event horribly fail and save the support marks for after. You'll be able to buy the boxes and trident after.

>

> I'm sure they've calibrated the tiers on this one so that it basically can't fail.

**Taimi:** Look at that—you broke Scruffy's sarcasm meters.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'll probably buy them with the tokens since I like doing the Dragon Response Missions and I have many other uses for karma, but it is helpful to know there's another option so players can choose the best one for them. :)

Update: it's especially helpful to know that since I'm not sure I'm going to get enough tokens to buy all the skins. I've got the trident, I'm saving up for the shoulder skins but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the weapons too so it's nice to know there's an alternative.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I'll probably buy them with the tokens since I like doing the Dragon Response Missions and I have many other uses for karma, but it is helpful to know there's another option so players can choose the best one for them. :)

>

> Update: it's especially helpful to know that since I'm not sure I'm going to get enough tokens to buy all the skins. I've got the trident, I'm saving up for the shoulder skins but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the weapons too so it's nice to know there's an alternative.

Just so you know, the shoulder skins can be bought for between 9g sell order 7g buy order on the TP, just in case that changes the order that you buy things in.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shoulders_of_the_Ebon_Vanguard_Choice_Chest