Riding a dead horse

Cynz.9437

I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

> @"Skada.1362" said:

> imo the GW2 community needs to l2p and deal with assassins. I rather see we get something like omega death knight stealth assassin, kind of like a reaper with lots of stealth and mid (900) range aoe condi bombs and pulls.

Oh hell no, we don't need more murder AoE spam on CP.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

> Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

> WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

> PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

>

> Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

Sounds good but it would have to perform well in it's role to be enough of a draw. A bard could be fun, they could call it the Hype Bandit or something and the skills could be dance moves and the e-spec utilities could be jam out emotes that buff allies.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

> > Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

> > WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

> > PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

> >

> > Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

>

> Sounds good but it would have to perform well in it's role to be enough of a draw. A bard could be fun, they could call it the Hype Bandit or something and the skills could be dance moves and the e-spec utilities could be jam out emotes that buff allies.

Knowing our luck, it'll end up being a mime instead.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

> > > Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

> > > WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

> > > PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

> > >

> > > Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

> >

> > Sounds good but it would have to perform well in it's role to be enough of a draw. A bard could be fun, they could call it the Hype Bandit or something and the skills could be dance moves and the e-spec utilities could be jam out emotes that buff allies.

>

> Knowing our luck, it'll end up being a mime instead.

If I can sustain a group miming the Robot dance I'd consider it. .

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > > I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

> > > > Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

> > > > WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

> > > > PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

> > > >

> > > > Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

> > >

> > > Sounds good but it would have to perform well in it's role to be enough of a draw. A bard could be fun, they could call it the Hype Bandit or something and the skills could be dance moves and the e-spec utilities could be jam out emotes that buff allies.

> >

> > Knowing our luck, it'll end up being a mime instead.

>

> If I can fight a group miming the Robot dance I'd consider it. .

If it's based around stances, that's the offensive stance and the defensive stance is the "staying alive" dance, I'd take that lol

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> I do not have high hopes for next xpac but one can dream. Can we please get support spec (bard!!??) for thief? I think it would make interaction between thief players and rest of the community more healthy.

> Pve: we would have alternative to straight dps, BT and kick from raid/fractal group.

> WvW: spot in zergs -> less roamers -> less hate generated by getting killed by some sneaky one hit kamikaze.

> PvP: hey, we can teamfight, thief is not mandatory as decapper!?

>

> Don't get me wrong, i love thief, i love assassin like classes, always did and i am sure i am not the only one but it is also a fact that GW2 community hates assassins, with passion. We need alternatives outside of "rerolling". Mesmers got it, why not us?

It's good and all but what do you expect as support?

I mean, the thief is full of support:

- It got quite a few utility (portal, group stealth, area projectile block).

- Venoms for life leeching, quite a few debuff and group stun.

- Quite a lot of heal through shadow art.

- Boons (and even 10 man boons through deadeye).

I can hardly see anything "more" to add apart using shadows to cover allies with barrier. And I'm pretty sure few would want that.

I don't think support is the way to go for the next e-spec, I'd rather bet on a spec with range/mid range damaging aoe or a focus on CC, but, who know, ANet might surprise us...

Thief with a Support focused Espec will become Herald 2.0 where they will use their Support focused Espec to bolster their own weakness and become extraordinary duelists.

I don't mind seeing that happen, but yu heard it here first : it's gonna get nerfed steadily over the course of a year and be dumpster tier, making Thief mains question why they received a useless Support spec in the first place.