About Character Creation Customization

I've seen people suggesting for more new hairstyles and tattoos to be added. Which makes sense since for humans we don't have any 'skin-related' customization like we do for Charr, Asura, Sylvari.

But what else, different, would you like to be able to add to your characters? For once, I think piercings (earrings, nose and bellybutton piercings) would add a lot of flavor to characters. Be it 10 sets of different looks and nothing overly customizable. But the idea came to me from taking a look at Cyberpunk's character creation.

How about being able to actually change the color of lips?

Share your suggestions! :)

I'd like to be able to add scars and make-up separately from choosing a face type, and ideally separately from each other. That might make some of the default faces redundant since I think some are very similar (and can be made even more similar with sliders) except for the makeup or scars, but it would be an nice addition.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'd like to be able to add scars and make-up separately from choosing a face type, and ideally separately from each other. That might make some of the default faces redundant since I think some are very similar (and can be made even more similar with sliders) except for the makeup or scars, but it would be an nice addition.

I agree! I would love for us to still have 20 default 'main looks' but to be able to add something unique to all of them. Someone, like youmay want a face with a scar, but not look like a 60 y/o character (which is how the male preset face with a scar looks like iirc). Big agree on the makeup too.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Beyond the stuff that's already mentioned, I just want an easier way to copy the char customisation (hair/eye/nose/face/body/etc) to another character (of same race obviously) with a code similar to how build templates do it, so I don't have to decipher a look I've created on another character or account. I also want to be able to make old and plus sized characters. I do kinda want to see an old bearded asura.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> Beyond the stuff that's already mentioned, I just want an easier way to copy the char customisation (hair/eye/nose/face/body/etc) to another character (of same race obviously) with a code similar to how build templates do it, so I don't have to decipher a look I've created on another character or account. I also want to be able to make old and plus sized characters. I do kinda want to see an old bearded asura.

My only successful old-looking character is a male Norn and tbh any attempt to make a human look old, ends up like some carnival member who dressed old for fun.

As for plus size characters, I believe only 1 female norn and 1 female human (debatable) comes close. And I dont even think thats enough plus size tbh. For males, I think no male human exists without a sixpack is there?

I never really bothered much about customization once it's done. While I'm at it I can spend hours to find the right shape of eyes/nose whatever, but in the end I'll put on a helmet and will be looking at my characters backside anyways. So I get the appeal and I'm all in for more options, but on the other hand GW2 has more pressing matters to attend to.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> I never really bothered much about customization once it's done. While I'm at it I can spend hours to find the right shape of eyes/nose whatever, but in the end I'll put on a helmet and will be looking at my characters backside anyways. So I get the appeal and I'm all in for more options, but on the other hand GW2 has more pressing matters to attend to.

Ideally, further implementing more customization options in character creation, should not affect Anet's schedule in dealing with said _more important_ matters. Because frankly, I agree with you, however it is sad that we need to think in such a way for a game we find fun and love...

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > @"TheLadyOfTheRings.9148" said:

> > I'd like to see more options for body types (e.g. more androgynous-looking bodies for both male and female character). That and having two different-colored eyes.

>

> My understanding is that Anet has said that they can't add more body types.

Can't, or don't want to, or don't think it's worth it. Unfortunately. I'll keep dreaming about it lol.

> @"TheLadyOfTheRings.9148" said:

> > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > > @"TheLadyOfTheRings.9148" said:

> > > I'd like to see more options for body types (e.g. more androgynous-looking bodies for both male and female character). That and having two different-colored eyes.

> >

> > My understanding is that Anet has said that they can't add more body types.

>

> Can't, or don't want to, or don't think it's worth it. Unfortunately. I'll keep dreaming about it lol.

I agree hahahah. I can definitely see why the "human female meta" is a thing. By far the most options for customization of one's character. But in any case, additional features would be all I could ask for, including body types. Oh well, a dream it may be. XD