Just a thought for the next patch

Rev:

Heroic Command - Energy cost increased from 10 to 15

Charged Mists - Energy gain reduced from 25 to 20

Sevenshot - Torment decreased from 7s to 5s , Damage reduced by 10% , Cooldown increased from 7s to 8s

Bloodbane path - Energy cost increased from 4 to 6

Spiritcrush - Radius reduced by 15% , I dont know what its currently at but its AoE is bigger than a side node and 9s cooldown.

Vindication - Increased missiles per Kalla's Fervor: 2

Thief:

Concealing Restoration - Delete it make something else

Shadow Savior - Completely replace the healing with something , initiative gain/might/endurance one of them

Cloaked in Shadow: Delete this or remove the blind, nobody likes this including thief players. Watching paint try would be more interactive than a mirror duel with this on

Dash - Distance traveled reduced from 450 to 400

Hide in Shadows - Stealth reduced from 3s to 1s

Choking gas - Radius reduced to 200 , Daze removed , Initiative cost reduced from 7 to 6

Infiltrator's Arrow - Initiative Cost reduced from 8 to 7

Signet of Agility - Endurance gained increased from 25 to 50

Ranger:

Juvenile Jacaranda - Call Lightning damage reduced by 15% , Root life time reduced from 5s to 3s , Root Attack Interval 3s. Mainly the root attack interval should be addressed it's beyond ridiculous how not fun this mechanic is.

Juvenile Fanged Iboga - Narcotic Spores pulses reduced from 6 to 3. // Fang Grapple range reduced from 1200 to 700

Guardian:

Signet of Mercy / Holy Strike + Line of Warding aka Staff 2 and 5 - Make these skills function proper with Ground Targeting set to instant

Permeating Wrath - Burn reduced from 4s to 2s

Restoring Reprieve - Base heal increased from 199 to 300

Shield of Wrath - Number of attacks blocked reduced from 3 to 2 , cooldown reduced from 35s to 29s

Stalwart Defender - Toughness when wielding a shield reduced from 240 to 200

Runes:

Rune of Citadel - Delete it , do something with it perhaps?

Rune of Rata Sum - Delete it , do something with it perhaps?

Rune of the Grove - A rune with a 90s cooldown , why? Again do something else with it perhaps

Rune of Divinity - Consider making other runes more viable this is one of the most used one due to the +10% Maximum Health bonus

+ All a bunch of other runes with ridiculous cooldowns

All of the traits across each class you've made 300s reduced to 150 , 300 seconds equals 5 minutes, your average ranked match is usually 8mins to 12mins on a 300s cooldown the trait does not even get used twice in some occasions

I really dislike how you guys are addressing things like gutting thief mobility hard making it clunky , when the main issue is stealth duration with shadow arts, or how you just completely ignored the players telling you Explosive Entrance's damage was overtuned so you went ahead and nerfed Nades first even tho both of them needed toned down, It just tells me you guys are more looking at certain builds than rather the class entirely when you make these changes.

These are just some thoughts I've had about the current meta and possible changes, I'm sure theres way more things in the gutter or in peoples mind

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> Lol I love suggestions that are just "delete it and replace."

>

> You leave out "why delete XYZ" and "what to replace it with ABC" and "why ABC and not DEF."

>

> This is (one reason of many) why nerf threads don't go anywhere.

True but imagine if they got reworked to premote more of a high risk high reward type playstyle, be more fun to play imo.

I kind of play that already. Being a permastealth thief never appealed to me as I like to actually hit my targets and out maneuver them in plain sight.

People get obsessed with SA asking to nerf everything but the biggest thing stealth wise (for most professions that have so-called issues with stealth uptime) is smoke combo fields that don't get any bonuses from SA (if we are looking at thief specifically). So either you go for big system wide changes to smoke fields or you need targeted changes.

If people want an effective nerf, you could always nerf initiative generation in stealth from Grandmaster trait and you'd basically get rid of a lot of permastealth style gameplay. Everything else is a reasonable cooldown at this point. One option is a bigger boost of 2 initiative for going into stealth, but no constant ticks. That would balance out to a buff to short stealth uptime and a nerf to long stealth uptime.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> I'm actually ok with those thief changes if it got some small buffs to its burst damage. I will say tho I do like how most of ur adjustments are small. I'd love if SA was reworked to promote a high risk high reward playstyle instead of the low risk mediocre reward playstyle it is now.

how the fuck do you want to make STEALTH trait-line promote high risk - high reward playstyle, its job for crit strikes and not for sa

> > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > Lol I love suggestions that are just "delete it and replace."

> >

> > You leave out "why delete XYZ" and "what to replace it with ABC" and "why ABC and not DEF."

> >

> > This is (one reason of many) why nerf threads don't go anywhere.

>

> True but imagine if they got reworked to preomote more of a high risk high reward type playstyle, be more fun to play imo.

What still baffles me is when someone brings up something about 'reworking' traits or classes. I mean If you haven't been here very long you get a pass, but possibility of reworking classes, traits and such all hinge on PVE, not to mention if you haven't noticed the mode itself is put on maintenance mode until EoD release. Then you'll have even more to worry about than what's strong right now, because no doubt some of the new E-specs will absolutely be busted in some way.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > I'm actually ok with those thief changes if it got some small buffs to its burst damage. I will say tho I do like how most of ur adjustments are small. I'd love if SA was reworked to promote a high risk high reward playstyle instead of the low risk mediocre reward playstyle it is now.

>

> how the kitten do you want to make STEALTH trait-line promote high risk - high reward playstyle, its job for crit strikes and not for sa

because they can find ways to make good use of stealth rewarding in a way that doesn't just give u high stealth access, like for example instead of thinking of sa as a trait line that provides more stealth access what if it didn't increase stealth access much but instead rewarded u for using stealth that u already had access to but in combination with certain actions like evading while in stealth uses 25% less endurance, attacks from stealth on all skills gain 10% damage boost, maybe a bonus using steal while in stealth etc. Those may not be best ideas but the idea is not to increase thief stealth up time but give it benefits while in stealth.

> @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > Lol I love suggestions that are just "delete it and replace."

> > >

> > > You leave out "why delete XYZ" and "what to replace it with ABC" and "why ABC and not DEF."

> > >

> > > This is (one reason of many) why nerf threads don't go anywhere.

> >

> > True but imagine if they got reworked to preomote more of a high risk high reward type playstyle, be more fun to play imo.

>

> What still baffles me is when someone brings up something about 'reworking' traits or classes. I mean If you haven't been here very long you get a pass, but possibility of reworking classes, traits and such all hinge on PVE, not to mention if you haven't noticed the mode itself is put on maintenance mode until EoD release. Then you'll have even more to worry about than what's strong right now, because no doubt some of the new E-specs will absolutely be busted in some way.

I've been here over 7 yrs and if u go thru my history ull see I'm pretty vocal about my faith in anet and how they have handled gw2.

> > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"saerni.2584" said:

> > > > Lol I love suggestions that are just "delete it and replace."

> > > >

> > > > You leave out "why delete XYZ" and "what to replace it with ABC" and "why ABC and not DEF."

> > > >

> > > > This is (one reason of many) why nerf threads don't go anywhere.

> > >

> > > True but imagine if they got reworked to preomote more of a high risk high reward type playstyle, be more fun to play imo.

> >

> > What still baffles me is when someone brings up something about 'reworking' traits or classes. I mean If you haven't been here very long you get a pass, but possibility of reworking classes, traits and such all hinge on PVE, not to mention if you haven't noticed the mode itself is put on maintenance mode until EoD release. Then you'll have even more to worry about than what's strong right now, because no doubt some of the new E-specs will absolutely be busted in some way.

>

> I've been here over 7 yrs and if u go thru my history ull see I'm pretty vocal about my faith in anet and how they have handled gw2.

I've been around since launch Gw2, and I don't have to go through your post history, I've seen some of your posts and we're on the same boat as far as views of the game goes, though to clarify my post wasn't really aimed at you, I meant in general on theses forums every time one of these rework suggestions pop up with big sweeping changes/ideas all aimed for this specific game mode. Though fail to realize all the winded complaints and ways to fix this game fall on deaf ears because it's too much work for the Anet team(basing on how they've performed in these past years alone), and even moreso a lack of care for the game.

>Choking gas - Radius reduced to 200 , Daze removed , Initiative cost reduced from 7 to 6

That's a no from me

>Infiltrator's Arrow - Initiative Cost reduced from 8 to 7

>Signet of Agility - Endurance gained increased from 25 to 50

This is a yes from me

One thing id like to see is a buff to Radiance's crits on retal to 33%. Encourage the return of medi core guard. The days where guard functioned in some capacity greater than a symbol bot or trap bot.

> @"CookiesOverCake.1862" said:

> Rev:

> Heroic Command - Energy cost increased from 10 to 15

> Charged Mists - Energy gain reduced from 25 to 20

> Sevenshot - Torment decreased from 7s to 5s , Damage reduced by 10% , Cooldown increased from 7s to 8s

> Bloodbane path - Energy cost increased from 4 to 6

> Spiritcrush - Radius reduced by 15% , I dont know what its currently at but its AoE is bigger than a side node and 9s cooldown.

> Vindication - Increased missiles per Kalla's Fervor: 2

>

>

> Thief:

> Concealing Restoration - Delete it make something else

> Shadow Savior - Completely replace the healing with something , initiative gain/might/endurance one of them

> Cloaked in Shadow: Delete this or remove the blind, nobody likes this including thief players. Watching paint try would be more interactive than a mirror duel with this on

> Dash - Distance traveled reduced from 450 to 400

> Hide in Shadows - Stealth reduced from 3s to 1s

> Choking gas - Radius reduced to 200 , Daze removed , Initiative cost reduced from 7 to 6

> Infiltrator's Arrow - Initiative Cost reduced from 8 to 7

> Signet of Agility - Endurance gained increased from 25 to 50

>

>

> Ranger:

> Juvenile Jacaranda - Call Lightning damage reduced by 15% , Root life time reduced from 5s to 3s , Root Attack Interval 3s. Mainly the root attack interval should be addressed it's beyond ridiculous how not fun this mechanic is.

> Juvenile Fanged Iboga - Narcotic Spores pulses reduced from 6 to 3. // Fang Grapple range reduced from 1200 to 700

>

>

> Guardian:

> Signet of Mercy / Holy Strike + Line of Warding aka Staff 2 and 5 - Make these skills function proper with Ground Targeting set to instant

> Permeating Wrath - Burn reduced from 4s to 2s

> Restoring Reprieve - Base heal increased from 199 to 300

> Shield of Wrath - Number of attacks blocked reduced from 3 to 2 , cooldown reduced from 35s to 29s

> Stalwart Defender - Toughness when wielding a shield reduced from 240 to 200

>

>

> Runes:

> Rune of Citadel - Delete it , do something with it perhaps?

> Rune of Rata Sum - Delete it , do something with it perhaps?

> Rune of the Grove - A rune with a 90s cooldown , why? Again do something else with it perhaps

> Rune of Divinity - Consider making other runes more viable this is one of the most used one due to the +10% Maximum Health bonus

> + All a bunch of other runes with ridiculous cooldowns

>

> All of the traits across each class you've made 300s reduced to 150 , 300 seconds equals 5 minutes, your average ranked match is usually 8mins to 12mins on a 300s cooldown the trait does not even get used twice in some occasions

>

> I really dislike how you guys are addressing things like gutting thief mobility hard making it clunky , when the main issue is stealth duration with shadow arts, or how you just completely ignored the players telling you Explosive Entrance's damage was overtuned so you went ahead and nerfed Nades first even tho both of them needed toned down, It just tells me you guys are more looking at certain builds than rather the class entirely when you make these changes.

>

> These are just some thoughts I've had about the current meta and possible changes, I'm sure theres way more things in the gutter or in peoples mind

Highly disagree with the nerf to chocking gas.