Design-A-Weapon Contest: Ask your questions here

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> Last time you cut out all products, allowing only joke options. Is there a gallery with all 900 designs? I want to know what youre cutting out, and how amazing the cut-out community is

We haven't even seen the winners yet and people are already complaining. The winners from the previous contests were great. Sure the frog scepter was a bit too cheesy for my liking, but it fits into the game just fine and there are plenty of people who liked it. Would love to hear what "joke options" you're talking about...

It was already said that artists will be free to post their concepts after the contest ends. Whether they'll want to do that is up to them and I wouldn't expect Anet to post all 900+ entries on their forum.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* According to the rules:

> The twenty finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges composed of ArenaNet staff members based on: **Creativity,** **Style**, **Originality**.

Guess they're doing this now; they need to cut it down from 900 (wow!) to 20.

> The winners will be on www.guildwars2.com on or around November 13, 2017.

So they will open up voting any day now, hopefully! If they don't give at least a week for voting, I doubt most people will see it before it's over. A lot of people completely missed the competition, and it was announced in August. Getting the word out there for one week or less of voting might be difficult.

Agreed, it should be at least a month of voting. Gives people a chance to get word out and actually take a look.

Then that brings us up to right before Christmas, which is a nice gift to give the community.

Perhaps the November 13 date is when the voting begins. Just a grammatical mistake in the announcement: (winners being the 20 finalists).

• ArenaNet Staff

I will try to make a Flickr album of the finalists tomorrow but you might have to wait a bit longer to see all of the entries: I need to remove duplicates and personnal information details from the entries ;) - e-mails addresses and countries. I'll leave the name though, to make sure the artists are credited.

> @MakubeC.3026 said:

> OMG! I can't believe I made it!!!! I made it~!!!!!

> Is it legal to ask for votes on social media?

> No prize or anything offered, just publicity.

I would guess that you cannot specifically ask for votes for yourself or identify which one is yours, given the above quotes saying the finalists may not publicly share their work until the contest is over though those who are not finalists are now free to do so. However, you could probably link to the voting page and urge people to pick one without in any way indicating which is yours or lobbying for your entry at all (I suggest not even telling them you are one of the 20, to be safe, though you may have already taken that risk with this post).

> @Donari.5237 said:

> > @MakubeC.3026 said:

> > OMG! I can't believe I made it!!!! I made it~!!!!!

> > Is it legal to ask for votes on social media?

> > No prize or anything offered, just publicity.

>

> I would guess that you cannot specifically ask for votes for yourself or identify which one is yours, given the above quotes saying the finalists may not publicly share their work until the contest is over though those who are not finalists are now free to do so. However, you could probably link to the voting page and urge people to pick one without in any way indicating which is yours or lobbying for your entry at all (I suggest not even telling them you are one of the 20, to be safe, though you may have already taken that risk with this post).

Yeah, I'll play it safe.

Very excited anyways.

> @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

> Sad I didn't make it. :( But then again, it was my first colored, digital drawing, the chances of it making the 20 finalists were low. There was a dagger on there I liked.

>

> So, for those of us who didn't make it, can we post our creations?

Yep! https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13514/post-your-weapon-design-contest-submission#latest

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Stéphanie Bourguet.5287" said:

> I will try to make a Flickr album of the finalists tomorrow but you might have to wait a bit longer to see all of the entries: I need to remove duplicates and personnal information details from the entries ;) - e-mails addresses and countries. I'll leave the name though, to make sure the artists are credited.

The album of finalists is available on: https://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/albums/with/72157665734510569 (Artists will be credited in the description once the poll ends).

> @"Stéphanie Bourguet.5287" said:

> > @"Stéphanie Bourguet.5287" said:

> > I will try to make a Flickr album of the finalists tomorrow but you might have to wait a bit longer to see all of the entries: I need to remove duplicates and personnal information details from the entries ;) - e-mails addresses and countries. I'll leave the name though, to make sure the artists are credited.

>

> The album of finalists is available on: https://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/albums/with/72157665734510569 (Artists will be credited in the description once the poll ends).

Nice. I don't know if you were told, but [this weapon design is a dagger according to the artist]( 2017 Design-A-Weapon Contest - Finalists), not a sword. I think it might hurt his/her votes.