Anyone notice an increase in hackers?

madamred.1463

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> Finally got around to uploading some of the stuff I've seen. Downed players teleporting away multiple times. People in chat said maybe it's the Necro trait but I think it's pretty obvious from these clips that is not the case. Is this just lag though?

>

> https://youtu.be/RFkRL6dNMho

>

> muted because of my annoying music :#

Downed players teleporting like that is lag. If they were using cheat software, you wouldn't have been able to get them downed in the first place. You can see you aren't even doing any damage on the downed BEAR player when you are hitting the Dcon and Goon players because his location isn't where your client thinks he is, just like when a dolyak is bugged out and teleports.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > Finally got around to uploading some of the stuff I've seen. Downed players teleporting away multiple times. People in chat said maybe it's the Necro trait but I think it's pretty obvious from these clips that is not the case. Is this just lag though?

> >

> > https://youtu.be/RFkRL6dNMho

> >

> > muted because of my annoying music :#

>

> Downed players teleporting like that is lag. If they were using cheat software, you wouldn't have been able to get them downed in the first place. You can see you aren't even doing any damage on the downed BEAR player when you are hitting the Dcon and Goon players because his location isn't where your client thinks he is, just like when a dolyak is bugged out and teleports.

Okay ty. I've been on the other end of this where one of our aussie players is standing in the middle of the enemy zerg because of lag and they can't kill him. I've thought "they probably think he's hacking" lol. That makes sense though. Just frustrating when it happens. I want my bag!

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > Finally got around to uploading some of the stuff I've seen. Downed players teleporting away multiple times. People in chat said maybe it's the Necro trait but I think it's pretty obvious from these clips that is not the case. Is this just lag though?

> > >

> > > https://youtu.be/RFkRL6dNMho

> > >

> > > muted because of my annoying music :#

> >

> > Downed players teleporting like that is lag. If they were using cheat software, you wouldn't have been able to get them downed in the first place. You can see you aren't even doing any damage on the downed BEAR player when you are hitting the Dcon and Goon players because his location isn't where your client thinks he is, just like when a dolyak is bugged out and teleports.

>

> Okay ty. I've been on the other end of this where one of our aussie players is standing in the middle of the enemy zerg because of lag and they can't kill him. I've thought "they probably think he's hacking" lol. That makes sense though. Just frustrating when it happens. I want my bag!

Yea, I seen it happen a lot to Aussie players!

In this video (from two years ago) the guy DC's eventually. If you notice too, his distance is always the same distance away from my client. That's the last reported distance.

> @"Malavian.4695" said:

> My personal complaint about exploits in WvW is even if you report them WHO are you going to report? The Maguma Silver Knight? There are no names. If ANET doesn't patrol once in a while then the issues will continue because we don't have the tools to do anything about it.

You have to block them, then search on your block list for the correct player. I agree though, they should definitely make it easier to report opposing players in WvW.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > > Finally got around to uploading some of the stuff I've seen. Downed players teleporting away multiple times. People in chat said maybe it's the Necro trait but I think it's pretty obvious from these clips that is not the case. Is this just lag though?

> > > >

> > > > https://youtu.be/RFkRL6dNMho

> > > >

> > > > muted because of my annoying music :#

> > >

> > > Downed players teleporting like that is lag. If they were using cheat software, you wouldn't have been able to get them downed in the first place. You can see you aren't even doing any damage on the downed BEAR player when you are hitting the Dcon and Goon players because his location isn't where your client thinks he is, just like when a dolyak is bugged out and teleports.

> >

> > Okay ty. I've been on the other end of this where one of our aussie players is standing in the middle of the enemy zerg because of lag and they can't kill him. I've thought "they probably think he's hacking" lol. That makes sense though. Just frustrating when it happens. I want my bag!

>

> Yea, I seen it happen a lot to Aussie players!

>

> In this video (from two years ago) the guy DC's eventually. If you notice too, his distance is always the same distance away from my client.

>

>

LOL that is hilarious

> @"Malavian.4695" said:

> My personal complaint about exploits in WvW is even if you report them WHO are you going to report? The Maguma Silver Knight? There are no names. If ANET doesn't patrol once in a while then the issues will continue because we don't have the tools to do anything about it.

Block, then look in your block list. That will give you a name. But to report using the 'botting' tag, the name doesn't matter. If you want to send to exploits, the name can be ascertained with the block function. It's also how people send you salty whispers...

> @"Malavian.4695" said:

No name is needed to report him if you can right-click on the name. Other than that you have to block the person to see their name on your block list.

I watched the video that explained about the hacks and the lack of action on it. I was shocked at how long they have been used and have not been fixed.

So many people have downloaded them. How many have been banned? Banning need to be more than a short period of time. If you hack you should be gone.

I have reported people using hacks many times. It seems what is the point of reporting? The hacks have been going on for years.

Can't Anet download the hacks and reverse engineer it? Why not hire a hacker to stop it?

> @"jediwolf.8724" said:

> I watched the video that explained about the hacks and the lack of action on it. I was shocked at how long they have been used and have not been fixed.

> So many people have downloaded them. How many have been banned? Banning need to be more than a short period of time. If you hack you should be gone.

> I have reported people using hacks many times. It seems what is the point of reporting? The hacks have been going on for years.

> Can't Anet download the hacks and reverse engineer it? Why not hire a hacker to stop it?

>

>

This type of third party software is available for most online games. They're usually a subscription (ironically) service with a full time Dev finding ways to mask the programs use and updating their exploits as fast as the game devs try to stop them. If you'd like more insight check out the link below, several of these crooks have spoken at defcons... After their prison stay... Yeah it's high stakes

> @"Malavian.4695" said:

This is exactly why naming and shaming (and keeping an online posted list on the forums) is absolutely required and should be encourage by Anet. Have a list of offenders here, Anet can regularly check their activity. They could even dedicate a couple of Devs for this very purpose of patrolling known offenders that get posted.

It really is a simple solution, very simple solution.

Sure, you say that is the simple solution, but what you would really be doing is giving the hack developers a trophy hall. The reason why most of the sweeps go under the radar is to instill a sense of panic to the developer of such tools. The reason why the sweeps aren't frequent and always in waves is not only the same reason, but it gives the tool dev(s) a harder time.

Still, Anet will do nothing if the players don't report. What would work better though is for some way to make the cheaters, if exposed, behave like complete kittens just before they get swept off. Remember when Anet requsitioned control of a prolific cheater's account, destroyed everything the cheater owned and made him commit virtual sucide? I'm sure some of you know.

But just to let you know, either/or, making these decisions can and often times will gloriously backfire, and much to the detriment of the people keeping sanity.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"Malavian.4695" said:

> > My personal complaint about exploits in WvW is even if you report them WHO are you going to report? The Maguma Silver Knight? There are no names. If ANET doesn't patrol once in a while then the issues will continue because we don't have the tools to do anything about it.

>

> This is exactly why naming and shaming (and keeping an online posted list on the forums) is absolutely required and should be encourage by Anet. Have a list of offenders here, Anet can regularly check their activity. They could even dedicate a couple of Devs for this very purpose of patrolling known offenders that get posted.

>

> It really is a simple solution, very simple solution.

Us seeing that list means nothing to Anets ability to keep a list and monitor those players activity.

You are making an assumption that they don't have a list and are not monitoring those players.

So, in answer to the titled OP's post. Yes, of late I have noticed more hacking. Obvious hacking...like moving at super super speed around the map, hitting ME ( why...I'm such a terrible player most can kill me anyway, why hack?) from under the map, hitting me at a huge distance with insane damage. I guess previously I didn't notice it as much...maybe there wasn't as much, maybe with experience I just notice it more easily. But in any given week, I see at least one hacker...which is kinda down-heartening to see such a fun game being trashed by these players. Ruins it for me for that little while.

WvW hackers can affect the outcome of a skirmish, tho. I mean, if a mesmer passes through walls and ports an entire zerg inside a T3 fortified structure, that will hurt the opposing server. Also, i ran into hackers recently, Deso hackers, namely a SB who just healed from 60% to full health with no skill use animation, he was porting here and there, i mean it was just for trolling, nowhere near as bad as a wall hack, but damn, it gets on your nerves...

It is good to know that the devs have knowledge of this, and that they monitor it. Now, banning the hackers is all that remains, I hope. Happy pvp/wvw, fellas.

Nope. Practically the same as always, in proportion to active player population.

What has changed is that you've learned more about the game, got a better feel for the ebb and flow of the combat, and you can now see more easily people doing impossible things.

Cheaters sometimes try to be subtle. Hiding in stealth before teleporting. Moving away to look like they are out of combat before regenerating when they are actually still in combat range and were recently hit by an attack that kept them in combat. Use monster skill effects that do not have an icon. Use invisibility from NPC skills that can't be revealed and is not removed when attacking. Instantly recharge skills from traits like Lesser Endure Pain to the point people complain they are too strong, when what's actually happening is that they are triggering every 10 seconds instead every 60.

As you play, it becomes easier to catch up.

The last game I played had so many hackers it was ridiculous, and they were never permanently banned, at best were given a month suspension and a name change ticket. What was even more frustrating was known hackers, players that had already been banned for said crime, openly posing on the games forum that hacks didn't exist, and it was down to others 'lack of skill'. A quick google would prove them wrong. I am therefore very skeptical of any one who openly posts on any forum that no hacks exist for any game.

With that game I could, to a degree, understand it, gear was everything, pvp was everything. But, seriously, I cannot get my head round why people feel the need here. It's just not the same kind of game. When i'm on my raptor and someone whizzes past me I silently chuckle that it was that important to someone to be able to do that. In GW2.

It is true to say that the hacking I encountered on my last game drove many people away , and although a 'fix' had been found it was never used because guess what, the players who openly dissed any hacks also spoke out about how useless these anti hack programs were and they were never used in game.

Hacking isn't an issue that will suddenly go away, what ever is done to solve it something else will over ride that. I don't let it spoil my enjoyment now however, who's the loser right?

Help me out here. We had a deadeye trolling us last night and they could stay perma stealth and one-shot. Someone told me "they can do that" But I can't believe any developer in their right mind would deploy such a mechanic knowingly. Is there something else going on here?

> @"Kamara.4187" said:

> Help me out here. We had a deadeye trolling us last night and they could stay perma stealth and one-shot. Someone told me "they can do that" But I can't believe any developer in their right mind would deploy such a mechanic knowingly. Is there something else going on here?

Nope that is completely possible in normal gameplay.