The Good Old 1v1 in WvW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> Sorry my earlier post offended you enough to report me and get me a warning, Balthazzarr. Guess I know why you made this post to begin with, now.

Accepted... and please understand that there's nothing that I've posted that should invoke anger, in my opinion. It humoured me a little that someone came after me even after I apologized. So it then prompted me to start a discussion and remind my friends and frenemies out there that it's 'war'. Hopefully fun war.. but war nonetheless. :)

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> Sorry my earlier post offended you enough to report me and get me a warning, Balthazzarr. Guess I know why you made this post to begin with, now.

Moderators don't need someone to flag a post to issue a warning hun. Like balth said lets just keep it all friendly. In wvw we all need teammates as much as we do our enemy to enjoy the game mode :).

If you're unsure and you want to be considerate to both parties, attack the enemy a few times and see if your guy backs off. Worst case scenario they start over, best case scenario you saved your servermate whatever that's worth.

I just disrupt 1v1s whenever I see them. I doooont care about my BM and the rage whispers just fuel me harder. I love seeing dueling circles, they're just targets for my party. Too often duelers forget that people started dueling when they're bored and there's nothing else to fight in WvW. Then 3 or 4 of them from each server start gathering and I'm like y'all stupid or something, just fight each other already instead of circle jerking.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > So... You are looking to discuss what?

> > >

> > > That you got salty whispers?

> > > That your build may or may not be cheese?

> > > That people should only fight 1v1 in the places you described?

> > >

> > > Or to come here to vent that you stumbled upon someone out of cooldowns and managed to kill them..

> >

> > Welp you found the guy you killed lol

>

> Lol. Would appear that way. Except I don't ever 1v1 because I know I'm not that good. :blush:

Can confirm, Strider is really bad. I killed him 7 times today and I haven't even logged in. Ugh, git gud Strider Pj dot two one nine three!

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > So... You are looking to discuss what?

> > > >

> > > > That you got salty whispers?

> > > > That your build may or may not be cheese?

> > > > That people should only fight 1v1 in the places you described?

> > > >

> > > > Or to come here to vent that you stumbled upon someone out of cooldowns and managed to kill them..

> > >

> > > Welp you found the guy you killed lol

> >

> > Lol. Would appear that way. Except I don't ever 1v1 because I know I'm not that good. :blush:

>

> Can confirm, Strider is really bad. I killed him 7 times today and I haven't even logged in. Ugh, git gud Strider Pj dot two one nine three!

Woot woot!!!

Hey, anything I can do to increase the RNG for a precursor...

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > So... You are looking to discuss what?

> > > > >

> > > > > That you got salty whispers?

> > > > > That your build may or may not be cheese?

> > > > > That people should only fight 1v1 in the places you described?

> > > > >

> > > > > Or to come here to vent that you stumbled upon someone out of cooldowns and managed to kill them..

> > > >

> > > > Welp you found the guy you killed lol

> > >

> > > Lol. Would appear that way. Except I don't ever 1v1 because I know I'm not that good. :blush:

> >

> > Can confirm, Strider is really bad. I killed him 7 times today and I haven't even logged in. Ugh, git gud Strider Pj dot two one nine three!

>

> Woot woot!!!

>

> Hey, anything I can do to increase the RNG for a precursor...

Turk buddy! You crack me up! Go get'im Strider!!!!

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > So... You are looking to discuss what?

> > > >

> > > > That you got salty whispers?

> > > > That your build may or may not be cheese?

> > > > That people should only fight 1v1 in the places you described?

> > > >

> > > > Or to come here to vent that you stumbled upon someone out of cooldowns and managed to kill them..

> > >

> > > Welp you found the guy you killed lol

> >

> > Lol. Would appear that way. Except I don't ever 1v1 because I know I'm not that good. :blush:

>

> Can confirm, Strider is really bad. I killed him 7 times today and I haven't even logged in. Ugh, git gud Strider Pj dot two one nine three!

Omgawd too funny!

Huh.. Well salty people are everywhere. Just smile and wave. No wait.. Got to keep it traditional. Drop a siege on their corps and then jump on it! I mean as much as i respect 1v1's myself. It is and remains a public battleground. You ALWAYS have the risk of getting ganked. If you cant deal with that, then you shouldnt enter it in the first place. Even in OS. Recently had one myself. If you are interested. you can read it [here](https://i.imgur.com/xJikCTg.jpg "here"). As a side note. It was just me sending that person to the mists. Not wait.. you're already there when you play WvW. Anyways, remember kids. If you dont like to loose. Dont play WvW/PvP

(Oh i wise we could Name&Shame here. But that is against the policy of the forums unfortunately)

> @"Gemnaid.4219" said:

> Most 1v1s are boring af to watch. Both players build a kitten load of sustain and can’t kill each other. I’ll usually go interrupt it so they have to reset the fight or I just go kill whoever is red.

you dont have to watch, you know? just go on and let them have their fun

solo roaming is not what it used to be, just like someone above stated, you get chased by bigger groups of ppl even if you arent even around or on a point

and ppl who say that wvw is to immitate a battlefield, in alot of wars ppl had respect and didnt mutilate their foes, fighting pilots where even honored by their enemies

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Gemnaid.4219" said:

> > Most 1v1s are boring af to watch. Both players build a kitten load of sustain and can’t kill each other. I’ll usually go interrupt it so they have to reset the fight or I just go kill whoever is red.

>

> you dont have to watch, you know? just go on and let them have their fun

>

> solo roaming is not what it used to be, just like someone above stated, you get chased by bigger groups of ppl even if you arent even around or on a point

>

> and ppl who say that wvw is to immitate a battlefield, in alot of wars ppl had respect and didnt mutilate their foes, fighting pilots where even honored by their enemies

yes. But they didn’t have wp’s to revive on and come back again and again.. kinda different in the... game :)

as for respect, many times I bow after taking someone down.. esp if he was outnumbered and fought hard.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Gemnaid.4219" said:

> > > Most 1v1s are boring af to watch. Both players build a kitten load of sustain and can’t kill each other. I’ll usually go interrupt it so they have to reset the fight or I just go kill whoever is red.

> >

> > you dont have to watch, you know? just go on and let them have their fun

> >

> > solo roaming is not what it used to be, just like someone above stated, you get chased by bigger groups of ppl even if you arent even around or on a point

> >

> > and ppl who say that wvw is to immitate a battlefield, in alot of wars ppl had respect and didnt mutilate their foes, fighting pilots where even honored by their enemies

>

> yes. But they didn’t have wp’s to revive on and come back again and again.. kinda different in the... game :)

>

> as for respect, many times I bow after taking someone down.. esp if he was outnumbered and fought hard.

it still kills the fun for those ppl, then they will do the same to other ppl and the cyrcle continues to grow untill everyone is just pure salt and no honor to be found

and being able to respawn is no reason to be an arse, ive been texted by ppl that chased me over the whole map outnumbered calling me bad and flaming me for runnig away

I remember when (pre Feb Patch) I was in EB. Met an enemy friend dueling. We chilled and whispered as he laughed at the failed attempts of his server linking.

Anywho, we were dueling (I a condi mirage and him a holo) as I needed practice against them and one of his allies comes around (DH iirc). I ignore and continue dueling and he interrupts. I get some distance and see what happens. He chased me so I fought him and downed him.

I backed off and let it serve as a warning. My friend threw siege on him (his ally lol) and let him res. He immediately came back after me and I downed him again. I was backing off but my friend told me to finish him....so I did

He knows I always down as a warning...unless he told me to kill them, to which I complied lol...all while he threw siege on them.

Some people didnt learn and kept coming back to give me more bags.

Servers were relinked since but I still whisper him from time to time.

Good times (have recordings of it too lol)

Typically I down and back off (after a /bow out of respect...which I always do after a good fight) unless you killed me first then its do or die lol

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Gemnaid.4219" said:

> > > > Most 1v1s are boring af to watch. Both players build a kitten load of sustain and can’t kill each other. I’ll usually go interrupt it so they have to reset the fight or I just go kill whoever is red.

> > >

> > > you dont have to watch, you know? just go on and let them have their fun

> > >

> > > solo roaming is not what it used to be, just like someone above stated, you get chased by bigger groups of ppl even if you arent even around or on a point

> > >

> > > and ppl who say that wvw is to immitate a battlefield, in alot of wars ppl had respect and didnt mutilate their foes, fighting pilots where even honored by their enemies

> >

> > yes. But they didn’t have wp’s to revive on and come back again and again.. kinda different in the... game :)

> >

> > as for respect, many times I bow after taking someone down.. esp if he was outnumbered and fought hard.

>

> it still kills the fun for those ppl, then they will do the same to other ppl and the cyrcle continues to grow untill everyone is just pure salt and no honor to be found

> and being able to respawn is no reason to be an kitten, ive been texted by ppl that chased me over the whole map outnumbered calling me bad and flaming me for runnig away

I agree... and I truly don't make a "sport" out of breaking into 1v1 fights if I recognize them. In this particular case it was pretty fast paced and I really didn't expect to see someone 1v1'ing there. My server mate was already down and it looked like a spike was imminent... I didn't have, or take, time to sit back and ask.. As I was running through I just hit the power and hoped that yes his cooldowns were still resetting so I could finish it and get caught up with my group which was way ahead. Typically I will bow to a single person especially if we stop him at a camp and he fights like a beast. I know a warrior "Hitman" on BG. Nasty guy.. (well real super nice guy)... but I can't beat him if I'm alone... ever!

Three of us fought him at north camp for a while until another one or two came and we ground him down. He shot me a whisper (not a mean one), and I laughed and said Hey man.. I can't kill you! I gotta bring help. Much respect to that guy. I've seen him nuke multiple opponents at times that made it look like he was hacking... but he doesn't hack.. he's just that good. I'll still fight him if I see him.. and die... but maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to beat him... not sure if I can... these old 60 year old action/reactions just aren't what they used to be! :)

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> I remember when (pre Feb Patch) I was in EB. Met an enemy friend dueling. We chilled and whispered as he laughed at the failed attempts of his server linking.

>

> Anywho, we were dueling (I a condi mirage and him a holo) as I needed practice against them and one of his allies comes around (DH iirc). I ignore and continue dueling and he interrupts. I get some distance and see what happens. He chased me so I fought him and downed him.

>

> I backed off and let it serve as a warning. My friend threw siege on him (his ally lol) and let him res. He immediately came back after me and I downed him again. I was backing off but my friend told me to finish him....so I did

>

> He knows I always down as a warning...unless he told me to kill them, to which I complied lol...all while he threw siege on them.

>

> Some people didnt learn and kept coming back to give me more bags.

>

> Servers were relinked since but I still whisper him from time to time.

>

> Good times (have recordings of it too lol)

>

> Typically I down and back off (after a /bow out of respect...which I always do after a good fight) unless you killed me first then its do or die lol

>

>

Nice to see people admitting to cross realming here. Duelling is cheating. Duellers should be ganked on site, and are on my server.

> @"warduke.1780" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > I remember when (pre Feb Patch) I was in EB. Met an enemy friend dueling. We chilled and whispered as he laughed at the failed attempts of his server linking.

> >

> > Anywho, we were dueling (I a condi mirage and him a holo) as I needed practice against them and one of his allies comes around (DH iirc). I ignore and continue dueling and he interrupts. I get some distance and see what happens. He chased me so I fought him and downed him.

> >

> > I backed off and let it serve as a warning. My friend threw siege on him (his ally lol) and let him res. He immediately came back after me and I downed him again. I was backing off but my friend told me to finish him....so I did

> >

> > He knows I always down as a warning...unless he told me to kill them, to which I complied lol...all while he threw siege on them.

> >

> > Some people didnt learn and kept coming back to give me more bags.

> >

> > Servers were relinked since but I still whisper him from time to time.

> >

> > Good times (have recordings of it too lol)

> >

> > Typically I down and back off (after a /bow out of respect...which I always do after a good fight) unless you killed me first then its do or die lol

> >

> >

>

> Nice to see people admitting to cross realming here. Duelling is cheating. Duellers should be ganked on site, and are on my server.

Dueling is cheating? really?

Duelers are on most, if not all, servers. Some people frown on them, however to say its "cheating" is kind of nonsensical. Dueling has been a part of WvW for years. Doesnt necessarily make it right to some, however it makes it known. Getting ganked while dueling happens. Most of us are used to it lol.

Also I have no idea what you mean by "Cross realming" here so excuse my ignorance.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> I'm not saying do it, or don't do it.

>

> But I'll say this.... I'm running through my home bl... zipping toward south west between nwc and bay and I see two people fighting on the plains where the centaurs are. I haven't seen 1v1 in wvw for ages and I don't give it a second thought. As I roll through (with no words coming from the other person in the fight), I hit my goodies, down, kill, carry on... Hey my team mate was losing and it looked like a stomp was imminent...

>

> lol... so a few seconds later I start getting whisper stains about how SoS can't handle doing anything but fighting other people with bigger numbers... (SoS?... ok)... he tells me they were 1v1'ing and I apologize for the mistake.. and I figure it's over. Then he fires off a few more flames at me instead of accepting my apology... What I say next I'm not sorry for at all... I told him..

>

> Ok then.. remember this.. you can go to OS and do proper WvW 1v1 there... or you can do it here. If you do it here and I see you again, you're dead. As my Soulbeast pet says: If Its Red Its Dead.

>

> Seriously if you want to 1v1 in WvW then go to an out of the way place, not between two keeps and a camp where you don't stand a chance of being anything but pounded into the ground. I will not have mercy, and I don't expect mercy from anyone that finds me either. Come get me.. kill me if you can.. I have wp mastery! Game on!

Well if you had the pleasure of playing vanilla GW2 you would remember that there was a CODE for 1v1's and duels , back in the days of Obsidian Sanctum people would duel for hours on end and players roaming through WvW in between camps wouldn't chase you with 5 people across the whole map just to kill you and jump up and down on your corpse.

The problem is this community went down the drain in terms of skill , respect and will only +1 you every time they get while cheering at how "good" they are which in return killed roaming and scouting in WvW.

I logged back in PoF after a huge brake and seeing how bad the situation is nowdays on a T1 server made me bail on it pretty fast , I have around 2K hours clocked in WvW had some of the best times in this game back then. Not anymore and it's not due to balance issues it's this kiddie snowflake community that cannot man-up even for a 1v1 anymore :)