Ambrite Weapons Collection

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> >

> > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

>

> The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> > >

> > > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

> >

> > The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

>

> Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

[sAND], who are NA, still run dry top from what it looks like based on their Twitter feed. I would personally hold off on buying recipes until you do one of their T6 runs that way you’re only spending 340 per recipe. You may already be doing that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > > > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> > > >

> > > > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

> > >

> > > The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

> >

> > Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

>

> [sAND], who are NA, still run dry top from what it looks like based on their Twitter feed. I would personally hold off on buying recipes until you do one of their T6 runs that way you’re only spending 340 per recipe. You may already be doing that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

I'm in EU unfortunately...

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I’m not a PvP player myself but there are custom pvp rooms that are for dailies for PvE players and if you want to try a bit more there is the unranked pvp rooms. Those are easy. For WvW there are 3 main dailies you can do to advance the reward track. 1) stand on a monument for a couple minute and claim it 2) kill the veteran mob (harpy, wurm or warg) and 3) spend WvW badges at a NPC vendor. It’s not fast but you can get the reward tracks done this way.

Only if kitten people, who are mesmers and thieves, aren't camping those spots and killing people who are just trying to get dailies done! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. So no, it isn't as easy as that.

> @"Kameko.8314" said:

> Well not sure if suggested but like all pther collections... pull out the credit card and hope for the best.

>

> Black lipn keys --> tyrian voucher chance (each one worth 300 geodes)

>

> I have about 7 of those vouchers in my bank rotting and waiting to see what strikes me best . Otherwise gl finding the farm groups. Can you imagine when dry top and sw meta how bored those people must have been? Haha

Wow good for you! I opened 55 chests and not one kitten voucher. But I did save up for a home node.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I’m not a PvP player myself but there are custom pvp rooms that are for dailies for PvE players and if you want to try a bit more there is the unranked pvp rooms. Those are easy. For WvW there are 3 main dailies you can do to advance the reward track. 1) stand on a monument for a couple minute and claim it 2) kill the veteran mob (harpy, wurm or warg) and 3) spend WvW badges at a NPC vendor. It’s not fast but you can get the reward tracks done this way.

>

> Only if kitten people, who are mesmers and thieves, aren't camping those spots and killing people who are just trying to get dailies done! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. So no, it isn't as easy as that.

Yah. Occasionally there will be “PvPers” who come in to kill people. You can report them to the arena owner if you know the owner’s name so they’ll be banned. It’s not that common though and usually you can go away and come back later and they’ll be gone.

Edit: if it’s WvW campers, there are 2 more vet mobs to go to. They won’t be camping all 3. I’ve never seen anyone camp the monuments, just people who happened to be there and passing through.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Kameko.8314" said:

> > Well not sure if suggested but like all pther collections... pull out the credit card and hope for the best.

> >

> > Black lipn keys --> tyrian voucher chance (each one worth 300 geodes)

> >

> > I have about 7 of those vouchers in my bank rotting and waiting to see what strikes me best . Otherwise gl finding the farm groups. Can you imagine when dry top and sw meta how bored those people must have been? Haha

>

> Wow good for you! I opened 55 chests and not one kitten voucher. But I did save up for a home node.

I do farm one black lion key every week :p but Id hope for rare drop such as perma hair style contract.. not geodes from it loool!!!!!!

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > I’m not a PvP player myself but there are custom pvp rooms that are for dailies for PvE players and if you want to try a bit more there is the unranked pvp rooms. Those are easy. For WvW there are 3 main dailies you can do to advance the reward track. 1) stand on a monument for a couple minute and claim it 2) kill the veteran mob (harpy, wurm or warg) and 3) spend WvW badges at a NPC vendor. It’s not fast but you can get the reward tracks done this way.

>

> Only if kitten people, who are mesmers and thieves, aren't camping those spots and killing people who are just trying to get dailies done! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. So no, it isn't as easy as that.

The players that do this to get thier kills are really bad at WvW/PvP in general.

They are easily surprised and run or die at the slightest ability to fight back.

You get a separate build for WvW. If you are competent with your class slot some surprises. Most gank thieves can't deal with any kind of toughness and most of the memsers you are talking about crumble at any sign of a reflect.

If you go in worried about getting smoked like that? You will probably get smoked.

If you go in expecting to fight for your Warg kill/Yak/Camp Capture you may just surprise yourself.

In the absolute worst scenario, you get ganked and go grab another objective. It's still faster and more fun than Metrica Event Completer.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > I’m not a PvP player myself but there are custom pvp rooms that are for dailies for PvE players and if you want to try a bit more there is the unranked pvp rooms. Those are easy. For WvW there are 3 main dailies you can do to advance the reward track. 1) stand on a monument for a couple minute and claim it 2) kill the veteran mob (harpy, wurm or warg) and 3) spend WvW badges at a NPC vendor. It’s not fast but you can get the reward tracks done this way.

> >

> > Only if kitten people, who are mesmers and thieves, aren't camping those spots and killing people who are just trying to get dailies done! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. So no, it isn't as easy as that.

>

> Yah. Occasionally there will be “PvPers” who come in to kill people. You can report them to the arena owner if you know the owner’s name so they’ll be banned. It’s not that common though and usually you can go away and come back later and they’ll be gone.

>

> Edit: if it’s WvW campers, there are 2 more vet mobs to go to. They won’t be camping all 3. I’ve never seen anyone camp the monuments, just people who happened to be there and passing through.

It was actually at a monument in WvW. I even camped it out for a few minutes and saw no one. Once I started capping the monument, I was immediately burst down by a group of 4 who were invisible. I chalked it up to we just must have crossed paths. I went back and again brought down by the same invisible group. So I bought some gems and converted it to gold and bought my guild a PvP arena for the next 6 months.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > I’m not a PvP player myself but there are custom pvp rooms that are for dailies for PvE players and if you want to try a bit more there is the unranked pvp rooms. Those are easy. For WvW there are 3 main dailies you can do to advance the reward track. 1) stand on a monument for a couple minute and claim it 2) kill the veteran mob (harpy, wurm or warg) and 3) spend WvW badges at a NPC vendor. It’s not fast but you can get the reward tracks done this way.

> > >

> > > Only if kitten people, who are mesmers and thieves, aren't camping those spots and killing people who are just trying to get dailies done! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. So no, it isn't as easy as that.

> >

> > Yah. Occasionally there will be “PvPers” who come in to kill people. You can report them to the arena owner if you know the owner’s name so they’ll be banned. It’s not that common though and usually you can go away and come back later and they’ll be gone.

> >

> > Edit: if it’s WvW campers, there are 2 more vet mobs to go to. They won’t be camping all 3. I’ve never seen anyone camp the monuments, just people who happened to be there and passing through.

>

> It was actually at a monument in WvW. I even camped it out for a few minutes and saw no one. Once I started capping the monument, I was immediately burst down by a group of 4 who were invisible. I chalked it up to we just must have crossed paths. I went back and again brought down by the same invisible group. So I bought some gems and converted it to gold and bought my guild a PvP arena for the next 6 months.

Yeah, well, PvP can happen in a PvP area. Like you suggest they were camping for PvE players, probably because they cant win real WvW fights. If I get killed at a monument I usually go off and come back in half hour or so. They’ve normally been chased off by then.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > > > > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

> > > >

> > > > The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

> > >

> > > Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

> >

> > [sAND], who are NA, still run dry top from what it looks like based on their Twitter feed. I would personally hold off on buying recipes until you do one of their T6 runs that way you’re only spending 340 per recipe. You may already be doing that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

>

> I'm in EU unfortunately...

Community guilds run T6 DT every week in EU. Open community does it every wednesday, 18.45.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > > > > > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

> > > > >

> > > > > The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

> > > >

> > > > Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

> > >

> > > [sAND], who are NA, still run dry top from what it looks like based on their Twitter feed. I would personally hold off on buying recipes until you do one of their T6 runs that way you’re only spending 340 per recipe. You may already be doing that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

> >

> > I'm in EU unfortunately...

>

> Community guilds run T6 DT every week in EU. Open community does it every wednesday, 18.45.

thanks for the info Voltekka that's 3 am for me in Australia for EU primetime :P Wednesday not possible too. because i work on weekdays ............ but i will figure a way don't worry :) :) its not so bad for me as i already have made a few weapons.

Edit: actually...... t6 is good i will wake up just to buy recipe...... :P thanks

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"Kameko.8314" said:

> > > Well not sure if suggested but like all pther collections... pull out the credit card and hope for the best.

> > >

> > > Black lipn keys --> tyrian voucher chance (each one worth 300 geodes)

> > >

> > > I have about 7 of those vouchers in my bank rotting and waiting to see what strikes me best . Otherwise gl finding the farm groups. Can you imagine when dry top and sw meta how bored those people must have been? Haha

> >

> > Wow good for you! I opened 55 chests and not one kitten voucher. But I did save up for a home node.

>

> I do farm one black lion key every week :p but Id hope for rare drop such as perma hair style contract.. not geodes from it loool!!!!!!

OMG because of your post...... i only realized i have this sitting in my bank for ages now :P 600 geodes yay.. :P however, i do not recommend this way to get your geodes

![](https://imgur.com/cbFHYkv.png "")

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> OMG because of your post...... i only realized i have [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher) sitting in my bank for ages now :P 600 geodes yay.. :P

Gz :)

> however, i do not recommend this way to get your geodes

It's not a _dependable_ way to get geodes, but if you have access to Vouchers, it's great. It's also in my opinion the best option from among the list, all things being equal. (Of course, things are rarely equal across the playerbase when it comes to currency.)

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > or just give us a geode home node to buy for 50g like the ones from LS vendors (this option would make a lot of players really happy i believe).

> > > > > > There are no nodes that produce currency directly. The Lost Bandit Chest does drop piles of sand, so it's an indirect source. They could add a zephyrite box; that would be the closest analogy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However, this isn't 'free' for ANet to implement and it would have only a tiny impact on the total amount of time needed to complete.

> > > > >

> > > > > The aurillium node that you can obtain in HoT for an achievement directly produces currency but that's the only one to my knowledge. I think your advice about map completion is the best option for the op, it seems to offer the best reward for your time especially if you're doing events there anyway. Given all the tomes and levelling scrolls the game gives you it should be relatively painless to get a number of characters to level 80 and run the through the map.

> > > >

> > > > Each map completion is 100 geodes I think.. create new character and lvl it to 40, run there and do dry top map completion.. delete and refresh.. not sure how tedious but I guess this is one way than having to wait for sandstorm events (sometimes not even t3). Each recipe cost 425 geodes @t4 map so 10 map completion for two recipes. We will need only 16 recipes. ? This is to unlock recipe.. to get insects is another

> > >

> > > [sAND], who are NA, still run dry top from what it looks like based on their Twitter feed. I would personally hold off on buying recipes until you do one of their T6 runs that way you’re only spending 340 per recipe. You may already be doing that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

> >

> > I'm in EU unfortunately...

>

> Community guilds run T6 DT every week in EU. Open community does it every wednesday, 18.45.

Voltekka.2375

i have farmed some geodes and trying to get into higher tier map to buy recipe but there is none. atm its t3 fail map at Wednesday peak hour EU .. do you have a contact i can connect so i join their community farm????

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> Because i want to complete it, and i like the skins. I just don't want to lose the will to live in the process.

Um, clearly you don't want it that bad then. I mean, welcome to MMO's ... where you are likely to do things you don't like for stuff you want ...

This isn't a problem, this is how MMO's work. If you play MMO's you better get used to it.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The vendor prices feel like they're balanced based on if the map was fully populated. Geodes gained is entirely based on how active the map is. So since its a mostly dead map the grind will be morbid.

>

> I quit at 3 weapons. This is coming from someone who has made 4 legendaries.

Totally agree with you :( I tried to wake up at 3am (3am at my timezone is EU prime time) to see if I can get t6 map as mentioned time.. But it was t4 .. I will keep my geodes until I find a t6 before I buy the recipies. I hv made 3 full weapons and have like 8 insects. :) I want to complete this ap. I missed out during the peak time due to real life and didnt hv that much time to play previously. Regret greatly.

Btw vendor price based on map success.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > The vendor prices feel like they're balanced based on if the map was fully populated. Geodes gained is entirely based on how active the map is. So since its a mostly dead map the grind will be morbid.

> >

> > I quit at 3 weapons. This is coming from someone who has made 4 legendaries.

>

> Totally agree with you :( I tried to wake up at 3am (3am at my timezone is EU prime time) to see if I can get t6 map as mentioned time.. But it was t4 .. I will keep my geodes until I find a t6 before I buy the recipies. I hv made 3 full weapons and have like 8 insects. :) I want to complete this ap. I missed out during the peak time due to real life and didnt hv that much time to play previously. Regret greatly.

>

> Btw vendor price based on map success.

I remember you when Gandara was linked with your server, in WvW. If you still wvw, reward tracks are an awesome way to get this collection. If not, pity...

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > The vendor prices feel like they're balanced based on if the map was fully populated. Geodes gained is entirely based on how active the map is. So since its a mostly dead map the grind will be morbid.

> > >

> > > I quit at 3 weapons. This is coming from someone who has made 4 legendaries.

> >

> > Totally agree with you :( I tried to wake up at 3am (3am at my timezone is EU prime time) to see if I can get t6 map as mentioned time.. But it was t4 .. I will keep my geodes until I find a t6 before I buy the recipies. I hv made 3 full weapons and have like 8 insects. :) I want to complete this ap. I missed out during the peak time due to real life and didnt hv that much time to play previously. Regret greatly.

> >

> > Btw vendor price based on map success.

>

> I remember you when Gandara was linked with your server, in WvW. If you still wvw, reward tracks are an awesome way to get this collection. If not, pity...

I was in Gandara server ? moved to NA to see if I can find a group to do dhuum cm but no luck so I came back to low pop eu server. I'm with Gandara guild so when server merge and world form I can do more Wvw .Not for the moment too busy with other stuff atm.

Anyway one full reward tracks takes a few hours I think better do dry top map completion and sandstorm events. Used about a stack of Wvw potions got 3 full tracks .. each full reward track is around 300 geode.. 3 map completion is faster I think than a full reward track .. I hv few stacks of tome of knowledge so I will use tht.. quite tedious but that's the only way for current condition. I will hv to do this slowly. The events in this map should be nerf a bit tho imo

1 full wvw reward track fastest with full buff from potions and etc is approx. 5 hours, it is 8 hours otherwise. unless they have changed it now.

1 recipe is more than 300 geodes, in total we need 16 recipes. ^.^

(sorry i was suppose to edit my previous post.. but posted a different post instead)

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

>

> 1 full wvw reward track fastest with full buff from potions and etc is approx. 5 hours, it is 8 hours otherwise. unless they have changed it now.

> 1 recipe is more than 300 geodes, in total we need 16 recipes. ^.^

>

> (sorry i was suppose to edit my previous post.. but posted a different post instead)

So it was you! I hope youre doing OK! I do a lot of wvw and 16 tracks got me all 16 WEAPONS. Took 20 days. I guess i was lucky with doublecklicking sands. Best of luck with DT!

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> >

> > 1 full wvw reward track fastest with full buff from potions and etc is approx. 5 hours, it is 8 hours otherwise. unless they have changed it now.

> > 1 recipe is more than 300 geodes, in total we need 16 recipes. ^.^

> >

> > (sorry i was suppose to edit my previous post.. but posted a different post instead)

>

> So it was you! I hope youre doing OK! I do a lot of wvw and 16 tracks got me all 16 WEAPONS. Took 20 days. I guess i was lucky with doublecklicking sands. Best of luck with DT!