Hero Point's Need To Be Account Bound Not Charecter! :(

Please consider changing this as in my opinion its more like an currency and pointless at high level being locked to a single Character.

I have 10 level 80's each class with crafts spread between them all but I Main a Guardian. When new elites are added to game I need to go grind Hp's for each class to be leveled further while my Main has both Elites at max and 400+ HP's with no use at all. Can Hp's be used somehow I'm unaware of or do I simple have enough Hp's to activate the next five expacs elite classes added? Frustrating a little as I enjoy all classes but my playstyle and what I enjoy is on my Main.

The game has almost no character progression: leveling, elite specializations, and gear.

With each expansion, all we _must_ do is the hero challenges for the elite specs. (The gear might still be good and with stat transformation for ascended gear, it's barely a barrier).

If you want to use your main to earn hero challenges for your alts, do WvW. You can do exactly that.

So you’re saying get all the Hero points once and then you can spend them as often as you like no matter how many characters you make? Even brand new chars can get all their skills and traits paid for from your maxed out hero point pool as soon as they appear in the starting instance? I don’t think that would work out as well as you’d hope as it would remove lots of character progression earned by playing.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The game has almost no character progression: leveling, elite specializations, and gear.

> With each expansion, all we _must_ do is the hero challenges for the elite specs. (The gear might still be good and with stat transformation for ascended gear, it's barely a barrier).

>

> If you want to use your main to earn hero challenges for your alts, do WvW. You can do exactly that.

This is a pretty good tip this.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > If you want to use your main to earn hero challenges for your alts, do WvW. You can do exactly that.

>

> This. I had the elite specs for all of my charaters within an hour of PoF going live.

>

>

I would love to know how to do this, but each time I go into WvW I simply get ganked. :( Clearly, this very casual player isn't WvW material!

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I would love to know how to do this, but each time I go into WvW I simply get ganked. :( Clearly, this very casual player isn't WvW material!

It's extremely common for those new to WvW to get ganked: you don't know your way around, you don't know likely danger spots (or dangerous times), you aren't used to players reacting faster than NPCs, you're unsure about what/where/when.

There aren't any real "secrets" about going from noob to, let's say, less unlethal; it's time & experience. Die, get up, try to make a different mistake next time.

A couple of ways to get that experience:

* Find someone else to run with, even if they are also new. It's more fun & many solo roamers will ignore you.

* Give yourself short-term goals and a time limit: take 15 minutes to get to the hero challenges on the map (you can also do them, but that's adding a bit more danger) or figure out how to cap a camp solo before the enemy notices (speed is important, not just ability to handle the NPCs).

* Find the beefiest build you with high mobility and follow a commander. Some commanders running organized raids might /kick, but those running open squads won't. Do whatever the commander says (well, within reason).

Mostly it's about watching and learning. And that takes time.

I have 17 lv80, i have each one of them ran through pof hp to gain unlock to their elite spec. Not to mention most of them have Hot elite as well.

I am fine as long as hp kept the same difficulty level as PoF, soloable. Especially i prefer to learn and try the traits after unlocked the first major trait and using the unfinished traitline to go through each hp one by one, in order to learn the new spec.

I also have 10+ complete runs to help my friend to unlock elite spec from ground 0 in pof.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> So you’re saying get all the Hero points once and then you can spend them as often as you like no matter how many characters you make? Even brand new chars can get all their skills and traits paid for from your maxed out hero point pool as soon as they appear in the starting instance? I don’t think that would work out as well as you’d hope as it would remove lots of character progression earned by playing.

>

>

Not at all, I'm saying I have a main with all its Elites unlocked and 400+ Hero Points I cant use or trade for anything that I'm currently aware of.

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > So you’re saying get all the Hero points once and then you can spend them as often as you like no matter how many characters you make? Even brand new chars can get all their skills and traits paid for from your maxed out hero point pool as soon as they appear in the starting instance? I don’t think that would work out as well as you’d hope as it would remove lots of character progression earned by playing.

> >

> >

>

> Not at all, I'm saying I have a main with all its Elites unlocked and 400+ Hero Points I cant use or trade for anything that I'm currently aware of.

That character can instantly get next elite spec in the future expansion thats about it mate.

Edit

I for one rather have that then zero extra and having to do everything when said expansion hits, look how people moan that its to few easy mastery points in central tyria for example do you really want the same to be said about hero points?

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > So you’re saying get all the Hero points once and then you can spend them as often as you like no matter how many characters you make? Even brand new chars can get all their skills and traits paid for from your maxed out hero point pool as soon as they appear in the starting instance? I don’t think that would work out as well as you’d hope as it would remove lots of character progression earned by playing.

> >

> >

>

> Not at all, I'm saying I have a main with all its Elites unlocked and 400+ Hero Points I cant use or trade for anything that I'm currently aware of.

Then you save them for the next expansion’s Elite because what you’re suggesting will end up with a large account bound pool that all chars will use to instantly buy all traits and skills, even brand new chars straight out of character select.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Map completion and HP account bound would be nice.

>

> So you would only like to do 2 gen 1 legendaries and 2 gen 2 if you won pof and hot that is? And thats total for your account cant get anymore ever.

There would be a different way in order to do them, don't you think?