Grieving stats unavailable on stat selectable ascended armour

Certain stat selectable armour (like Blood Ruby trinkets) do not have the newer stats available.

I'm sure this was done so that players couldn't immediately buy the new stats with their old currency.

HOWEVER!

PoF has been out for a very long time now and the reason for making it exclusive on launch is no longer valid.

It is time to add grieving / harrier to the list of "all stats" for stat selectable armour and trinkets.

This is no bug. LS3 belongs to HoT, so LS3 items have core and HoT stats. They are _not_ all-stat trinkets. Grieving, as a PoF stat, obviously does not belong there. Likewise, the new LS4 trinkets only have core and PoF stats, but not HoT ones. This is, imho, a much bigger problem in the long term, as PoF does not offer universally attractive stat combos (e.g. viper, minstrel) like HoT does.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > Certain stat selectable armour (like Blood Ruby trinkets) do not have the newer stats available.

> That's because they are HoT items. The new PoF trinkets don't have the HoT stats available, either.

I already know that. I'm saying that HoT items need to now include PoF stats because PoF has been out for long enough.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> This is no bug. LS3 belongs to HoT, so LS3 items have core and HoT stats. They are _not_ all-stat trinkets. Grieving, as a PoF stat, obviously does not belong there. Likewise, the new LS4 trinkets only have core and PoF stats, but not HoT ones. This is, imho, a much bigger problem in the long term, as PoF does not offer universally attractive stat combos (e.g. viper, minstrel) like HoT does.

I already know that. I'm saying that HoT items need to now include PoF stats because PoF has been out for long enough.

At the time of HoT those items were "all stats".

Only when PoF came along did they stop being "all stat" they were turned into "all stats except PoF" (because they wanted to make you earn the new stats within PoF).

PoF has now been out long enough that it is an appropriate time to restore these items to being "all stat" items.

I think it would be far more appropriate to make every "all stats" item adjust the avaialble stats on your ownership of the expansion packs.

So only if you own a certain expansion pack do you get to select the stats from that expansion pack because really that's the true intention here isn't it? To make you buy the expansion. I own both expansions so I'd like to choose Grieving trinkets on my Blood Ruby ascended gear.

It's not really a bug but is something that needs to be cleaned up and there is no "Suggestions" sub forum is there.

> @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> I already know that. I'm saying that HoT items need to now include PoF stats because PoF has been out for long enough.

I used to think that, too, but have changed my mind about it by now, because marketing logic. ANet wants you to acquire the respective content.

If HoT items had the PoF stats added, theoretically people wouldn't have to buy Living World Season 4, you see? It's a simple marketing decision, and while it might be less comfortable for us, it only makes sense regarding new/future players.

Therefore, each chapter of GW2 will have its own stats exclusively available there. The only stat combos that will always be available everywhere are the basic ones (the "starter stat combos", so to speak).

• 2 months later...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I used to think that, too, but have changed my mind about it by now, because marketing logic. ANet wants you to acquire the respective content.

I already covered that point earlier when I said:

So only if you own a certain expansion pack do you get to select the stats from that expansion pack because really that's the true intention here isn't it? To make you buy the expansion. I own both expansions so I'd like to choose Grieving trinkets on my Blood Ruby ascended gear.

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I used to think that, too, but have changed my mind about it by now, because marketing logic. ANet wants you to acquire the respective content.

>

> I already covered that point earlier when I said:

>

> So only if you own a certain expansion pack do you get to select the stats from that expansion pack because really that's the true intention here isn't it? To make you buy the expansion. I own both expansions so I'd like to choose Grieving trinkets on my Blood Ruby ascended gear.

>

>

It's also to get people to play the different maps, not just as a reward for making a one time purchase.

So you might have "covered that point" to your satisfaction, but I hope you can see that it won't be a compelling argument for ANet when they decide whether to revisit the strategy and make significant changes to the rewards available in LS maps.

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> Tell me more about [not selectable combinations](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39185/bringer-giver-still-unavailable-on-mist-trinkets ""). ;)

Or, indeed, why does [Glint's Bastion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glint%27s_Bastion "Glint's Bastion") not have Berserker as a selectable stat?

> Certain stat selectable armour (like Blood Ruby trinkets) do not have the newer stats available.

>

> I'm sure this was done so that players couldn't immediately buy the new stats with their old currency.

>

> HOWEVER!

>

> PoF has been out for a very long time now and the reason for making it exclusive on launch is no longer valid.

>

> It is time to add grieving / harrier to the list of "all stats" for stat selectable armour and trinkets.

I agree that there are some missing selectable stats in various places such as -

_Why does the ascended Orders backpack obtained through a HoT collection lack all of the HoT stat combos (Viper/Seraph/Commander/Minstrel/etc) when the comparable PoF banners collections provide backpacks with all PoF stats (Marshall/Harrier/Grieving)?_

and

_Why can you select any stat combo (providing you have the expac) on ascended **armor** from Fractals/PvP/WvW but only have the basic core stats on the ascended backpiece (Wings of Ascension)?_

When it comes to map and LS specific trinkets/gear, it's understandable why they make it limited - it's to encourage players to engage in new content rather than recycling their old materials.

I would recommend investing in Mist trinkets from Fractals/PvP/WvW since you can adjust stats to any combo you need (apart from Givers and Bringers apparently) for a very small cost.