Daily veteran creature slayer

Shirlias.8104

Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

Also, thats not the daily you go for. You go for the "Cap SE camp with 1-2 people while 3-5 stand on harpy spawn even when it dont spawn and they could have easily held the camp" daily.

Its the best daily.

And sometimes you can even do it several times a day. Bonus achievement for the few poor ones that think they can defend so they just feed you while the others look with one eye on the camp and the other on the harpy spawn like the googly eyed noobs they are.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

>

It's definitely not 5 min.

Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

>

> I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

>

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> >

>

> It's definitely not 5 min.

> Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

>

> Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

>

And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> >

> > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> >

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > >

> >

> > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> >

> > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> >

> And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

>

> 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

>

And?

First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

Do not mention Big Spender.

I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > >

> > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > >

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > >

> > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > >

> > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> >

> > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> >

>

> And?

> First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

>

> Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> Do not mention Big Spender.

>

> I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

>

>

My statement said 5-10 minutes. Do not say that is not true unless you have actual data.

It's in WvW, therefore it is not a PvE quest anymore than capturing a camp or tower. What makes each of those WvW is if players show up, (along with the subsequent point value.

The spawn time is fine.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

>

> I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

>

> > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> >

>

> It's definitely not 5 min.

> Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

>

> Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

>

It's between 5 to 10 minutes. It can spawn after 5, definitely. I have done this daily so many times and generally play a lot of WvW, I know times where you hold many objectives and you want to be a bit lazy so you half afk at the spawn to prevent your participation from running out. Killing it gives you a 5 minute decay timer, it either spawns a few seconds after that runs out or a few minutes later.

And no, that is exactly the reason why the spawn rate CAN'T get any lower than it already is. It would allow you to ACTUALLY afk at the spawn and just farm the Veteran for WvW participation and pips without having to play the game. Being a pve roamer is already very similar to that, but at least you will have to run between camps...

Sure, they could remove participation from it but that would.. you know.. defeat the purpose

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > >

> > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > >

> > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > >

> > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > >

> > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> >

> > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> >

>

> And?

> First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

>

> Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> Do not mention Big Spender.

>

> I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

>

>

The game mode is WvW. Not PvE. So really they need to remove daily veteran and rune capture from the rotation so that if you want WvW dailies you have to contribute to capturing towers and keeps. You know... actual WvW stuff.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > > >

> > > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > > >

> > > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > > >

> > > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> > >

> > > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> > >

> >

> > And?

> > First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

> >

> > Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> > Do not mention Big Spender.

> >

> > I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

> >

> >

>

> The game mode is WvW. Not PvE. So really they need to remove daily veteran and rune capture from the rotation so that if you want WvW dailies you have to contribute to capturing towers and keeps. You know... actual WvW stuff.

The ruins at least give bloodlust if enough cap it

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > > >

> > > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > > >

> > > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > > >

> > > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > > >

> > > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> > >

> > > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> > >

> >

> > And?

> > First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

> >

> > Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> > Do not mention Big Spender.

> >

> > I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

> >

> >

>

> The game mode is WvW. Not PvE. So really they need to remove daily veteran and rune capture from the rotation so that if you want WvW dailies you have to contribute to capturing towers and keeps. You know... actual WvW stuff.

I do agree, but since it's like this from years, i guess they won't ( they said, if i recall correctly, that veteran were put into wvw in order to grant the possibility to 3 dailies for underpowered servers. Now that wvw is going to be reworked things could be really revised too ).

if lowering the spawn could have harmed wvw i wouldn't dare to propose it.

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > > > >

> > > > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > > > >

> > > > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> > > >

> > > > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> > > >

> > >

> > > And?

> > > First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

> > >

> > > Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> > > Do not mention Big Spender.

> > >

> > > I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The game mode is WvW. Not PvE. So really they need to remove daily veteran and rune capture from the rotation so that if you want WvW dailies you have to contribute to capturing towers and keeps. You know... actual WvW stuff.

>

> The ruins at least give bloodlust if enough cap it

That's not what happens though as you well know. We go to our home bl which we already own and flip the closest neutral.

This daily would better require an actual bloodlust capture

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > Far from the objectives? It takes like 30 seconds to run to them from any keep waypoint.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I meant that it does not harm the ones who do objective.

> > > > > > It's kinda outside the game, so lowering the spawn won't harm anybody.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > > Since the creatures are far from the wvw objectives, why don't lower their spawning time?

> > > > > > > > It takes almost forever to let them spawn.

> > > > > > > It's like 5-10 minutes..... and there are two to three on each map....,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's definitely not 5 min.

> > > > > > Probably 10 but i would say more than 10.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, parking for 10 min in order to kill a mob is a bad thing ( and you could miss all 3 because there could have been killed while you run around from them, so definitely not the best choice ).

> > > > > >

> > > > > And? All but one or two are right outside of spawn points. It tends to be the least contested spot on the maps. Most times other servers show up and as long as you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 minutes is fine. Is a daily.. not a guarantee

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > And?

> > > > First, you said something not true about the time spawn.

> > > >

> > > > Second, contesting a ruin or killing a caravan or 5 guards or capture a sentry takes less than 2 minutes ( and it's something instead related to the WvW mechanics ).

> > > > Do not mention Big Spender.

> > > >

> > > > I know that there are harder tasks, like capturing a keep or a tower, but as a PvE quest which does not harm the WvW scenario, its spawning time could be lowered without harming anybody.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > The game mode is WvW. Not PvE. So really they need to remove daily veteran and rune capture from the rotation so that if you want WvW dailies you have to contribute to capturing towers and keeps. You know... actual WvW stuff.

> >

> > The ruins at least give bloodlust if enough cap it

>

> That's not what happens though as you well know. We go to our home bl which we already own and flip the closest neutral.

>

> This daily would better require an actual bloodlust capture

I would definately be in favor of this. I like it.

If ANet changes this daily, it's much more likely that they'd remove it rather than adjust the respawn timers:

* Killing a veteran has no impact on any world's position.

* It's a PvE encounter in a open world PvP game mode.

* It's requirements are already arbitrary: why these three veterans and not any other the others?

Vaguely better and in the same theme would be participating in the events to convince NPCs to side with your color.

If they are going to do anything to affect the current WvW dailies, I'd much rather see them spend energy to make the low-risk daily useful. For example, "Daily Protector of Siege" if you refresh the timer on 5+ arrow carts in 2 different maps.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> So weird that there are so many people against this lmao. Like what is going to happen if they respawn twice as fast? Oh yeah nothing but convenience for people waiting around for this duuuumb daily

Right, right. It would be better to remove the daily altogether so people aren't waiting around for a PvE foe to spawn in a WvW zone.

There are two issues with WvW dailies and the Veteran daily in particular

1. How they they relate to other dailies (from PvE e.g.) and

2. How "difficult" they are

First, the relation to other dailies. I think Veteran Slayer is fine compared to stuff like daily miner, vista viewer, mystic forger etc. It is an easy one. Second, and here is the problem with the Veteran Slayer is the "difficulty". They are somewhat difficult, because the re-spawn timer is quite long and everyone is competing for that quick kill. Monuments reset faster, land claims are faster to re-spawn and come in a lot more numbers when you compare them to the Veterans.

A good solution would be to have the rewards (participation, WXP) as well has the re-spawn time halved.

And since we talk about dailies: daily ranker was introduced when you could buy liquid WxP and should be reduced to one rank. It would be way more in line with other dailies and the time needed to get them.