if i upgrade and get a standered path of fire will i regret not having lilly of elon pass?

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > The Lily of Elon pass is perhaps your only pain-free way of getting alts into the Path of Fire maps. The only other options requires finishing Path of Fire and it starts you at the back-end of Vabbi, very inconvenient for new alts. That would also require you starting a specific mount acquisition chain which gives you the return item.

> >

> > If you don't mind going through the hassle of doing the first step of Path of Fire to introduce your alts, then the pass really has no value. (You can also use Teleport to Friend, but that requires someone to teleport to.)

>

> There is a third option. Joining a guild with windswept haven.

>

> Getting back to Crystal Oasis is also very easy considering how the WP's unlock.

I've actually overlooked this one. We never got Windswept Haven, mainly because the fellow guildies don't have a solid ground in Path of Fire and it felt rather small in comparison to the one we have now near Auric Basin. Still, it's a matter of convenience vs. willing to commit the toil, which is what I've presented. If you're OK with the backtracking and know your pathing well, then it works out that way.

I have the Elon pass, and I was frustrated with going from Vabbi to Crystal Desert. I also opted for the pass because I don't have any other permanent convience passes, but I acquired it via the upgrade method, not the striaght-up Deluxe purchase.

Which brings me to this: upgrading your standard Path of Fire to the deluxe (which gives you the pass) is 2,400 gems ($30 USD). But make sure the upgrade grants you the pass first. IIRC they still do at this time.

> @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > > The Lily of Elon pass is perhaps your only pain-free way of getting alts into the Path of Fire maps. The only other options requires finishing Path of Fire and it starts you at the back-end of Vabbi, very inconvenient for new alts. That would also require you starting a specific mount acquisition chain which gives you the return item.

> > >

> > > If you don't mind going through the hassle of doing the first step of Path of Fire to introduce your alts, then the pass really has no value. (You can also use Teleport to Friend, but that requires someone to teleport to.)

> >

> > There is a third option. Joining a guild with windswept haven.

> >

> > Getting back to Crystal Oasis is also very easy considering how the WP's unlock.

>

> I've actually overlooked this one. We never got Windswept Haven, mainly because the fellow guildies don't have a solid ground in Path of Fire and it felt rather small in comparison to the one we have now near Auric Basin. Still, it's a matter of convenience vs. willing to commit the toil, which is what I've presented. If you're OK with the backtracking and know your pathing well, then it works out that way.

>

> I have the Elon pass, and I was frustrated with going from Vabbi to Crystal Desert. I also opted for the pass because I don't have any other permanent convience passes, but I acquired it via the upgrade method, not the striaght-up Deluxe purchase.

>

I am extremely surprised by this ... it should be trivial for anyone who knows how to use a waypoint and move their character. As soon as you exit out of the GH Cragged Vale Waypoint unlocks. You use that then walk through the portal into The Desolation which unlocks the Bonestrand Waypoint then you walk through the portal into Elon Riverlands then from Augury's Shadow into Crystal Oasis.

> Which brings me to this: upgrading your standard Path of Fire to the deluxe (which gives you the pass) is 2,400 gems ($30 USD). But make sure the upgrade grants you the pass first. IIRC they still do at this time.

Edit: On the other hand simply running through the story probably would have been faster or around the same time considering all the loading screens. Especially if you are not using a SSD.

The layout of the Lilly is horrible. ANY of the other special passes will take you to a better layout for whatever you're doing there.

Also, I believe that once you've done the first part of the story, you can go talk to the airship crew in LA and they'll take an alt to Elon for you. It's parked near the Lighthouse. (I don't recall if they have to be level 80 or not.)

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> I regret having it slightly since it is useless once you get the mistlock pass.

Not if you have lots of alts. I could give a toss about having the stuff in there, the fact that I can get to the zone anywhere with any character (even in combat in seems) is pure gold.

> @"altermaven.7385" said:

> The Lily of Elon pass is perhaps your only pain-free way of getting alts into the Path of Fire maps. The only other options requires finishing Path of Fire and it starts you at the back-end of Vabbi, very inconvenient for new alts. That would also require you starting a specific mount acquisition chain which gives you the return item.

>

> If you don't mind going through the hassle of doing the first step of Path of Fire to introduce your alts, then the pass really has no value. (You can also use Teleport to Friend, but that requires someone to teleport to.)

You can also use Spearmarshal's Plea to get alts into PoF maps. That will take chars to the Spearmashal 's Lament POI in Domain of Vabbi.

For me the pass isn't that great. I do use it occasionally. It would be massively better if it also let me return to where I was when I used it. If you just need something basic like vendor, bank, TP, and such going to Heart of the Mists is free and lets you return to where you were.

> @"Bollocks.4078" said:

> > @"altermaven.7385" said:

> > The Lily of Elon pass is perhaps your only pain-free way of getting alts into the Path of Fire maps. The only other options requires finishing Path of Fire and it starts you at the back-end of Vabbi, very inconvenient for new alts. That would also require you starting a specific mount acquisition chain which gives you the return item.

> >

> > If you don't mind going through the hassle of doing the first step of Path of Fire to introduce your alts, then the pass really has no value. (You can also use Teleport to Friend, but that requires someone to teleport to.)

>

> You can also use Spearmarshal's Plea to get alts into PoF maps. That will take chars to the Spearmashal 's Lament POI in Domain of Vabbi.

>

> For me the pass isn't that great. I do use it occasionally. It would be massively better if it also let me return to where I was when I used it. If you just need something basic like vendor, bank, TP, and such going to Heart of the Mists is free and lets you return to where you were.

Indeed. It's a matter of convenience, and the Spearmarshal's Plea is what I was referring to, and that requires that you complete Path of Fire at least once. If you're there, chances are you've probably finished the storyline once anyway. But the inconvenience is having to go from Vabbi to Crystal Desert -- but then again, 'convenience' is a different idea for many people.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. That's beyond the original question here. If you feel going from Spearmarshal's Lament to anywhere in the Desert isn't that much of a hindrance, then the deluxe Path of Fire might be more of a waste to you. Standard is fine. (I'd also personally opt for Standard if you already have a permanent convenience pass.)