Remove Beasts from Forest

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Bad mechanic, I don't know why I see 3 people zerging Svanir in platinum...

>

> It's even better when they get it stolen :]

That just seems like a user problem (your team mates).

IMO beasts work just fine, it's a simple mechanic (25points and some buffs on kill). Not gamebreaking, and probably less impact than something like sword at Colosseum which can easily help snowball a match with 3-4 autostomps in the right situation.

I've found it often amusing to port in with guard at the last second, drop _Shield of Absorption_ to protect the beast and finish the last % of hp for a steal.

How about we only make it spawn when one team goes above 400 score?

Even in pro league it was almost always ignored except if one team only needed less then 26 score. Taking it out till 400 would cut down on the bad behavior yet still keep it relevant for the finish.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> How about we only make it spawn when one team goes above 400 score?

>

> Even in pro league it was almost always ignored except if one team only needed less then 26 score. Taking it out till 400 would cut down on the bad behavior yet still keep it relevant for the finish.

May be summon them only at 9:30 by time and then 2:30?:P

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > How about we only make it spawn when one team goes above 400 score?

> >

> > Even in pro league it was almost always ignored except if one team only needed less then 26 score. Taking it out till 400 would cut down on the bad behavior yet still keep it relevant for the finish.

>

> May be summon them only at 9:30 by time and then 2:30?:P

VoD from gw1 gvg ;)

They made this map noobfriendlier already with let the beasts not spawn right in the start. Can we stop asking for balancing pvp and classes stuff for bad player?

Just ask for some brain for your teammates instead, maybe anet can patch that into them somehow. If not: bad anet rly rly bad.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > Bad mechanic, I don't know why I see 3 people zerging Svanir in platinum...

> >

> > It's even better when they get it stolen :]

>

> l2p issue which is rewarded or punished accordingly, seems like best mechanic in whole game

But people don't learn from it. They think that they are doing amazingly well for getting that sweet 25 score and can't seem to comprehend that they lose more by causing their team to lose a fight. There's no score that'd tell you "hey this action cost you xy points and only earned z", they see that shiny 25 and think fuck yeah

5+ years and people are still doing it, and it's not the individual that gets punished, it's the teammates too who know exactly what was the problem..

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > Bad mechanic, I don't know why I see 3 people zerging Svanir in platinum...

> > >

> > > It's even better when they get it stolen :]

> >

> > l2p issue which is rewarded or punished accordingly, seems like best mechanic in whole game

>

> But people don't learn from it. They think that they are doing amazingly well for getting that sweet 25 score and can't seem to comprehend that they lose more by causing their team to lose a fight. There's no score that'd tell you "hey this action cost you xy points and only earned z", they see that shiny 25 and think kitten yeah

>

> 5+ years and people are still doing it, and it's not the individual that gets punished, it's the teammates too who know exactly what was the problem..

I would say if players cannot figure out if the time to snatch a beast is right, they're either not experienced enough or perhaps beyond saving.

I've said this before, (IMO) the biggest aspect of pvp which separates newer and seasoned players is _Map Awareness_. Once you have that, you can deduce where you need to be - are you required at a team fight? or is your team managing and you can just increase your points by capping elsewhere/seizing an unguarded objective (like a beast).

I would like to believe that people **do** learn.

"Oh I lost that match, why though? Oh that's right, I was late to the teamfight because I was tackling a different objective. Perhaps next time I will head directly there if I see they need me."

Maybe that's how people think, maybe not, I want to be optimistic occasionally.

Beast is one of the better mechanics because it can be used to manipulate.

Say a person comes to stop a decap. I can run to beast and often they follow. I then teleport back to finish decap.

Conversely, if my team holds 2/3 points and is not pressured, a quick beast kill can add to a lead and make it less surmountable.

Always getting beast is not a good idea. Getting a few when it won’t make you lose a node: very helpful.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Bad mechanic, I don't know why I see 3 people zerging Svanir in platinum...

>

> It's even better when they get it stolen :]

There are barely any players in Plat rank right now. What you had was the early season shake out, with some players carried to a higher rank. Heck, gold 3 is majority of top 250 right now. Later in the season this stuff rarely happens.

Forest is my favorite map in great part because of beasts so no thanks.

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> Beast is one of the better mechanics because it can be used to manipulate.

>

> Say a person comes to stop a decap. I can run to beast and often they follow. I then teleport back to finish decap.

>

> Conversely, if my team holds 2/3 points and is not pressured, a quick beast kill can add to a lead and make it less surmountable.

>

> Always getting beast is not a good idea. Getting a few when it won’t make you lose a node: very helpful.

Exactly.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> Bad players don't make it a Bad Mechanics.

>

It wins fights when people use it properly, and loses them when people arent aware or misuse it.

Streamlining the game wont make dumb tactics less dumb. Itll just give you less wiggle room for you or your team to make errors and recover.

Beast forces you to consider multiple situational outcomes and your role in each of them.

_Am I a class that can steal? if so, when?

Can I lure people off far by harassing beast?

Is my team losing mid? Do I have time to do beast?

Does the enemy have a thief or other mobile class that can come steal beast while we burn it? If so, when do we burn beast?

Is our beast being burned? By how many? If its inconsequential, push far while they are distracted? Weaken mid? Will it be possible to wipe their fights because they have too many people on our/their beast?_

You lose all of that by gutting the mechanic.

I see the thought process, but honestly changing the mechanics of this map would kind of ruin the Conquest maps' pattern of "three nodes + gimmick." You either get players who secure points before charging the beasts, or you get players who wait for the beasts to respawn. It's just skill RNG and if it bothers you you can opt to pick other maps. If you do get it, I also suggest telling your teammates pre-game that the beasts are only 2nd priority. They'll probably listen to you if they want to win.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> Bad players don't make it a Bad Mechanics.

>

Bad mechanics (like PvE content in PvP) bait bad players, example other than beasts is treb. There are literally EXTREMELY NICHE situations in which you do beasts and no actually good player will ever touch a treb.

Remove the Jebait and watch play improve.

> @"Andrew Man.7239" said:

> If you do get it, I also suggest telling your teammates pre-game that the beasts are only 2nd priority. They'll probably listen to you if they want to win.

It's a TRULY rare moment when even 1 person reads chat, let alone looks at and interprets their map correctly. "Probably listen" is the chillest thing I've read on the forum in a while.....

> @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > Bad players don't make it a Bad Mechanics.

> >

>

> Bad mechanics (like PvE content in PvP) bait bad players, example other than beasts is treb. There are literally EXTREMELY NICHE situations in which you do beasts and no actually good player will ever touch a treb.

>

> Remove the Jebait and watch play improve.

Remove it and watch play get more dull with less options to strategize.