Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

> > >

> > > For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

> > >

> > > See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

> >

> > I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

>

> Don't blame others for your lack of reading comprehension is the take-away from this.

dood I wuz joking

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Oriens.5630" said:

> I have never understood why this is even a question. In a game with the purported values GW2 has tried to hold to each path for the main playstyles provided in the game should have a path legendary status items.

>

> Change the skins, change the animations, make them all the same; I'm not too particular on that account. But I don't understand why any game, especially GW2, would want to limit legendary status items to only one or two playstyles.

Thank you! Put it much better than I could

Yes a pve-legendray armor would be awesome.....i still think this game needs some more cultural armors and thinking of a legendary cultural armor is something i could really imagine for this game, but since cultural armor itself is just for 1 race it should change the look, depending on wich race is wearing it...

just like cook and wedding attire outfits.... <3 B) <3

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> There's no need for legendary gear outside of raids, so I don't really see why it shouldn't be exclusive to raids.

Then again there is no need for legendary armor IN raids either. Does that mean that it should not be earnable in raids?

I don't raid, but I appreciate the fact that some have spent more time doing something to acquire something that I won;t be able to get and I am ok with this. Coupled with the fact that legendary style armor features are available in Fractals, PvP and WvW and I am even more ok. Would prefer the time is spent on developing other new skins that can be acquired via other game features outside of raid, but it doesn't need to be legendary or that shinny. IMO.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > There's no need for legendary gear outside of raids, so I don't really see why it shouldn't be exclusive to raids.

>

> Then again there is no need for legendary armor IN raids either. Does that mean that it should not be earnable in raids?

Yes! No?... is this a trick question?

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > > There's no need for legendary gear outside of raids, so I don't really see why it shouldn't be exclusive to raids.

> >

> > Then again there is no need for legendary armor IN raids either. Does that mean that it should not be earnable in raids?

>

>

> Yes! No?... is this a trick question?

If the best argument that the individual I quoted can come up with for not adding legendary armor outside of raids is that such is not a necessity outside of raids then his logic would seem to indicate that the armor should not be earnable in any content where it is not a necessity...including raids.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > Yes a pve-legendray armor would be awesome.....

> >

> > Raiding is PvE.

> >

>

> I think they mean a non-raid PvE legendary armour set.

Yeah obviously. But that shouldn't happen because Raiding is the method to acquire the PvE Legendary armour - simple as that.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > > Yes a pve-legendray armor would be awesome.....

> > >

> > > Raiding is PvE.

> > >

> >

> > I think they mean a non-raid PvE legendary armour set.

>

> Yeah obviously. But that shouldn't happen because Raiding is the method to acquire the PvE Legendary armour - simple as that.

It should happen because giving players choice and long term goals is a good thing - simple as that.

The skins, however, should remain raid exclusive, I think.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > > > Yes a pve-legendray armor would be awesome.....

> > > >

> > > > Raiding is PvE.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think they mean a non-raid PvE legendary armour set.

> >

> > Yeah obviously. But that shouldn't happen because Raiding is the method to acquire the PvE Legendary armour - simple as that.

>

> It should happen because giving players choice

Ah, why didn't you just say so.

Lets just put it in the Gemstore then!

Nope, Legendary gear in gemstore would be paytowin.....(ok i see your irony)....but giving the players the choice wich content they can play for a legendary armor is good..

but yes, the Raid-exclusive skin should STAY raid exclusive, that is why i voted yes, but only with new legendary (skins)....so that ppl could see from what content you have gotten your armor and when you want the skin from the raid armor, then yes, you need to do the raid... and i mean: a cultural pve legendary armor would be some cool addition for every player that wants more cultural armor, also ppl would need time to make it, so they have something new to do in the game... ;)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > > > > Yes a pve-legendray armor would be awesome.....

> > > > >

> > > > > Raiding is PvE.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think they mean a non-raid PvE legendary armour set.

> > >

> > > Yeah obviously. But that shouldn't happen because Raiding is the method to acquire the PvE Legendary armour - simple as that.

> >

> > It should happen because giving players choice

>

> Ah, why didn't you just say so.

>

> Lets just put it in the Gemstore then!

>

> ....

How very boring.

> @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> Nope, Legendary gear in gemstore would be paytowin.....(ok i see your irony)....but giving the players the choice wich content they can play for a legendary armor is good..

> but yes, the Raid-exclusive skin should STAY raid exclusive, that is why i voted yes, but only with new legendary (skins)....so that ppl could see from what content you have gotten your armor and when you want the skin from the raid armor, then yes, you need to do the raid... and i mean: a cultural pve legendary armor would be some cool addition for every player that wants more cultural armor, also ppl would need time to make it, so they have something new to do in the game... ;)

They have a choice. All major game modes currently offer a legendary armour set:

PvE, PvP and WvW.

EDIT: Of course, I'm very pro-more cultural armour. When you design a set with only a specific race in mind, they tend to turn out waaaay better than when it has to fit all the races. Especially for non-human races.

Skins are and have been a mark of their content. So I would like to see that maintained.

However, there should be other methods to obtain all tiers of gear, as well as _Each Expansion_ (Core, HoT, PoF, (Future)) should have their own legendary sets (Weapons/Armor/Back)

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> Skins are and have been a mark of their content. So I would like to see that maintained.

>

> However, there should be other methods to obtain all tiers of gear, as well as _Each Expansion_ (Core, HoT, PoF, (Future)) should have their own legendary sets (Weapons/Armor/Back)

Good one.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > The real question is: do you want the legendary armor, but you hate raiding so much, you wont do it?

> > My answer is yes.

>

>

> Yes, but not so much that I hate it but that rampant elitism, as well as people insisting on tools and gear that are far from necessary, and kicking you the second you don't have it

buy a tag and start your own groups?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > > The real question is: do you want the legendary armor, but you hate raiding so much, you wont do it?

> > > My answer is yes.

> >

> >

> > Yes, but not so much that I hate it but that rampant elitism, as well as people insisting on tools and gear that are far from necessary, and kicking you the second you don't have it

>

> buy a tag and start your own groups?

First of all, 300gold. Secondly having plentiful experience to be a member of a party is not quite the same as leading it, is it?

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> The only problem I see with "PvE" legendary armor is the missing accessibility of raid-content. GW2 is basically the MMORPG with the least accessible endgame-content I've ever played (and that's a lot after playing MMORPGs for more than a decade).

Thats not true. I had a harder time getting into the hardest contemt in wow and in ff14 amd i didnt really bother with eso.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > The only problem I see with "PvE" legendary armor is the missing accessibility of raid-content. GW2 is basically the MMORPG with the least accessible endgame-content I've ever played (and that's a lot after playing MMORPGs for more than a decade).

>

> Thats not true. I had a harder time getting into the hardest contemt in wow and in ff14 amd i didnt really bother with eso.

actually you mean wow raid content at harder/hardest difficulty level, all raid content is accessible in WOW, you simply pick the level that suits your time commitments and tolerance to abusive behavior. GW2 has no concept of difficulty level, so its high level rote play in highly coordinated groups or the highway, i.e the majority of the casual player base has no access to meaningful 10 man casual instances. Create difficulty levels, different achievements and slightly tweaked legendary gear and its win win and content for all.

**Random Thoughts, Not Necessarily Connected**

+ I'm not sure what I find to be more disappointing, the Legendary Armor Skins themselves, or the general state of the MMO experience, where pixelated gewgaws are a hotter topic than the actual fun value of the game-play.

+ I voted the only option the biased poll provided that even comes close to what I think -- it would be a waste of dev time.

+ I guess ANet bit off more than they could chew when MoB said, "So if you love MMORPGs, you should check out Guild Wars 2. But if you hate traditional MMORPGs, then you should really check out Guild Wars 2." Turns out that those who "love" MMO's won't tolerate MMO's without certain features that others hate.

+ I find it interesting that despite GW2 being a disappointment to me, personally, it's still a better game than the rest of the garbage that makes up the MMO genre.