> > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > > > > > > meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Learn2Play.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can't recall wells nor shouts being nerfed as a category, while cor and mesmers have been repeatedly nerfed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Shouts were nerfed, and that killed the condi-Reaper. But the power Reaper is nearly something special right now. Not quite, but very close. I've seen power Reapers that just EAT things.

> > > >

> > > > chill bleed was nerfed, not shouts.

> > >

> > > Right but that essentially nerfed the shout runes?

> >

> > The rune wasnt nerfed, when the trait was nerfed the entire build became useless. The problem with the rune is the short 360 radius, it really only works in melee range, not shout range.

>

> My point was just with the chill/bleed nerf it messes up the synergy with shouts.

The synergy still works, none of the mechanics were changed. The nerf to the trait made the entire build useless because of much less bleed stacks, other then that it still all works the same way.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dralor.3701" said:

> Right. Sad times, reaper is so much more fun than scourge.

Reaper was def more fun, Scourge is boring but its effective so w/e. Unfortunately Reaper was a one trick pony with an entire build centered around one trait, and Scourge is more useful for power builds :/

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

And today a soulbeast hit me for 5k on lb *autoattack* when I have 2000 toughness.

Meteor storms hit for 7k

Full counter hit me for 9.5k (!) the other day.

TL;DR everything really is OP, yes.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

> >

> > meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

> >

> > meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

> >

> > Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

> >

> > Learn2Play.

> >

> Agreed

>

> Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

>

> I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

>

> The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

>

Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

>

> And today a soulbeast hit me for 5k on lb *autoattack* when I have 2000 toughness.

> Meteor storms hit for 7k

> Full counter hit me for 9.5k (!) the other day.

>

> TL;DR everything really is OP, yes.

Meteor storm hits for 7k with 1.9k def 15k hp on a 3 sec cast time and aoe size that ppl can walk out of and very rng. I would take what necro has any day over that if it was unbelievably boring to play the class.

What that ranger hp? What the necro hp what the war hp?

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > > meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

> > >

> > > meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

> > >

> > > meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

> > >

> > > Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

> > >

> > > Learn2Play.

> > >

> > Agreed

> >

> > Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

> >

> > I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

> >

> > The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

> >

>

> Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

You make it sound like there is 1-2 viable classes, most of those you listed can bring some decent things to a Zerg except maybe the thief. :/

> @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > > > meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

> > > >

> > > > meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

> > > >

> > > > meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

> > > >

> > > > Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

> > > >

> > > > Learn2Play.

> > > >

> > > Agreed

> > >

> > > Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

> > >

> > > I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

> > >

> > > The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

> > >

> >

> > Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

>

> You make it sound like there is 1-2 viable classes, most of those you listed can bring some decent things to a Zerg except maybe the thief. :/

Well Right now, Guard,Warrior,Rev,Ele,Mesmer and Necro are viable but Medium classes are pretty much not needed

> @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > > > meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

> > > >

> > > > meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

> > > >

> > > > meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

> > > >

> > > > Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

> > > >

> > > > Learn2Play.

> > > >

> > > Agreed

> > >

> > > Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

> > >

> > > I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

> > >

> > > The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

> > >

> >

> > Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

>

> You make it sound like there is 1-2 viable classes, most of those you listed can bring some decent things to a Zerg except maybe the thief. :/

There are in effect with the winds of disenchantment destroying any type of clears from boons the condi bombs are all the stronger (all be it that would mean 3 classes most of the time not your 1-2) but classes like ele cant clear with there reg in big fights for wvw as well as eng a lesser used condi clearer.

Where scorge can still clear with barriers as nothing stop these with a conversion aoe to boot.

Anet realy pushed the game to play like this and i am not sure if it was fully incidental.

While most classes are just fine with some coeficients ups and downs to get more close to a balanced gameplay, scourge it is another story....

Who actually designed scourge? some one needs to go to the corner of the room (how much cake did he offered to another dev's to let the class pass????)... cause he failed to understand how that would brake the game rather than anything else.

Sometimes i feel like developers on this game dont know their product well enought, or they must be designing something for friends to get carried or some friends wanted to play some class that would be broken when stacking.

It kinda remminds when on private servers of a game u would buff some class cause you play it has a GM or your friends want something stupid to play.

> @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > @"msalakka.4653" said:

> > No amount of nerfs are going to make condition builds fun to fight against, even if they were made completely toothless.

>

> I think this is and has always been the bigger issue.

Issue is the surviability on condi build vs the skill spam desing vs balance/iteration, u need to play an equal lamer build be it on condi or power, still not all condi builds are broken towards spam, but the are alot due how ANet want players to be carried with it.

Remove all passive procs (no really, every single passive proc in the game). Curb toughness scaling, cap barrier at 20% max hp, give more classes personal stability, maybe nerf power coefs of least-risk pirate ship specs.

Honestly I'd say remove barrier completely, redesign scourge, mirage, and deadeye completely, remove boon duration completely, and remove noninteractive boons (retaliation is actually a big deal for some specs to deal with and it's stupid), but I know anet doesn't want to do that much.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> While I agree that Scourge was a poor design choice for PVP, in wvw I don't know what to tell you.

>

> They can 1v1 you now.

> Range them?

> Just move out of the way?

> Its not the scourge's fault if you let yourself get mowed over by several slow-moving aoes

I play one often myself, is it fun for anyone when the entire screen is covered in red circles that convert your boons?

Hammer train was a lot more fun than pirate ship, I just wish we could get to a happy medium.

The moment at wvw you have a lot of scourges together and the space is confined they become gods! Also they make melee more or less passed history. Scourges have way to much condi dmg combined with advantage specially if their opponents are melee classes. Scourges should lose some advantages if they keep this high condi dmg.

> @"Pinko.2076" said:

> Remove all passive procs (no really, every single passive proc in the game). Curb toughness scaling, cap barrier at 20% max hp, give more classes personal stability, maybe nerf power coefs of least-risk pirate ship specs.

>

> Honestly I'd say remove barrier completely, redesign scourge, mirage, and deadeye completely, remove boon duration completely, and remove noninteractive boons (retaliation is actually a big deal for some specs to deal with and it's stupid), but I know anet doesn't want to do that much.

So, basically rebuild every elite spec as well as most of the core specs? Never mind a complete overhaul of the sigils, armor and runes?

I ummm couldn't blame them for not wanting to build a new game because that's what you are asking for.

Troll thread or I can't figure it out #helpmewinAnet ? If you need help figuring out how to handle Necromancers please use the Necro forums, loads over there know their many weakness' you can use to your advantage. On another note, lawnmowers are slow :)

> @"Crazy.6029" said:

> Troll thread or I can't figure it out #helpmewinAnet ? If you need help figuring out how to handle Necromancers please use the Necro forums, loads over there know their many weakness' you can use to your advantage. On another note, lawnmowers are slow :)

Ok, well take a blob, take a keep. Siege it up a little. Do you think you can stop the blob considering they can damage your siege wherever it is? Also slow? why do you think they are slow, in a group??

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"Crazy.6029" said:

> > Troll thread or I can't figure it out #helpmewinAnet ? If you need help figuring out how to handle Necromancers please use the Necro forums, loads over there know their many weakness' you can use to your advantage. On another note, lawnmowers are slow :)

>

> Ok, well take a blob, take a keep. Siege it up a little. Do you think you can stop the blob considering they can damage your siege wherever it is? Also slow? why do you think they are slow, in a group??

With enough defenders (they with 40, me with 10-15) absolutely. Certainly for 10-15 minutes, until their siege is dead because they place it too close, or until our blood arrives to hit them with even numbers.

Not sure why Their scourges are killing the siege unless it is poorly placed.