Which type of Legendary Armor do you have?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > If you have a Raid set, its not likely you're going to do PvP/WvW. The time it takes to finish one of those is three times the effort of a Raid set and dozens of times more hours. If you have a good regular Raid group, its only an evening a week compared to the 30 hour a week slog of WvW for example.

>

> It's funny because I already have all gated resources needed for PvP armor, while sitting on 10 LI and 0 desire to play raids in this game ever. And I play PvP only as an achievement farm.

>

> BTW until Anet introduces build templates, it's faster to swap ascended gear than swap stats and runes on legendary armor.

True, I just don’t like all the clutter of different Armor sets.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> This poll is in dire need of a "None" option

I kinda separated the polls in the separate sub groups on the forums raids/pvp/WvW regarding details, which include the no Armor option. I was more curious on what type of Legendary armor people have from those who have a set.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> If you have a Raid set, its not likely you're going to do PvP/WvW. The time it takes to finish one of those is three times the effort of a Raid set and dozens of times more hours. If you have a good regular Raid group, its only an evening a week compared to the 30 hour a week slog of WvW for example.

PvP legendary armor was presented last August 8 2017. I took the decission to start to craft it circa November, due already had most of the PvP tokens so started to stack money for the materials. Crafted the first piece in January, ended the sixth one five days ago. Took me less than 1650 gold coins to craft the whole set. If I should chose a word to describe the whole proccess that would be EFFORTLESS . You don't even need to win matches to get the tokes (wins makes the thing faster, but sometimes you need to sweat a bit to win). So is perfect for lazy, pauper peasants. Also, aside from my daily achievement my only sources of incoming were the PvP chest and gathering and selling iron, platinum and seasonal logs. No raids, no fractals, no world bosses or event farming, no WvW (outside roaming). Just PvP and solo play against rich mining ores (with basic tools, no fancy upgraded ones). And despite ANet neutered out the quickness from Impossible Odds.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > If you have a Raid set, its not likely you're going to do PvP/WvW. The time it takes to finish one of those is three times the effort of a Raid set and dozens of times more hours. If you have a good regular Raid group, its only an evening a week compared to the 30 hour a week slog of WvW for example.

>

> PvP legendary armor was presented last August 8 2017. I took the decission to start to craft it circa November, due already had most of the PvP tokens so started to stack money for the materials. Crafted the first piece in January, ended the sixth one five days ago. Took me less than 1650 gold coins to craft the whole set. If I should chose a word to describe the whole proccess that would be EFFORTLESS . You don't even need to win matches to get the tokes (wins makes the thing faster, but sometimes you need to sweat a bit to win). So is perfect for lazy, pauper peasants. Also, aside from my daily achievement my only sources of incoming were the PvP chest and gathering and selling iron, platinum and seasonal logs. No raids, no fractals, no world bosses or event farming, no WvW (outside roaming). Just PvP and solo play against rich mining ores (with basic tools, no fancy upgraded ones). And despite ANet neutered out the quickness from Impossible Odds.

Yeah, I found by just hunting after the shards, I had accumulated a lot of gold from the Byzantium chests as well made a lot of materials from the reward track including mystic clovers. I was also cruising through the rank chest for HoT and gathering materials.

Really it’s just the time investment and trudging through the trenches that can be spvp.

_None_ as I am writing this... * **BUT** *...

I have the complete T3 WvW Medium and Heavy armor sets (and I have the Legendary WvW backpiece: Warbringer.)

And in less than 3 weeks, I'll be in the position to make one of my T3 sets completely into WvW Legendary!! WOOT! :smiley:

(I'm leaning towards upgrading my Heavy set first! :+1:)

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> _None_ as I am writing this... * **BUT** *...

> I have the complete T3 WvW Medium and Heavy armor sets (and I have the Legendary WvW backpiece: Warbringer.)

>

> And in less than 3 weeks, I'll be in the position to make one of my T3 sets completely into WvW Legendary!! WOOT! :smiley:

> (I'm leaning towards upgrading my Heavy set first! :+1:)

Nicely done! I do love that blue glow from the T3 armor set with the energy tentacles. Very reminiscent of the Mistforged Weapon set. Let the forum know when you upgrade it to Legendary!

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > _None_ as I am writing this... * **BUT** *...

> > I have the complete T3 WvW Medium and Heavy armor sets (and I have the Legendary WvW backpiece: Warbringer.)

> >

> > And in less than 3 weeks, I'll be in the position to make one of my T3 sets completely into WvW Legendary!! WOOT! :smiley:

> > (I'm leaning towards upgrading my Heavy set first! :+1:)

>

> Nicely done! I do love that blue glow from the T3 armor set with the energy tentacles. Very reminiscent of the Mistforged Weapon set. Let the forum know when you upgrade it to Legendary!

Thank you! :smile:

Yup, Yup... blue glow, tentacles and all! :smiley:

Here's a couple pics of my SoulBeast and Herald wearing their sets:

https://imgur.com/jXZ4lPK

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > _None_ as I am writing this... * **BUT** *...

> > > I have the complete T3 WvW Medium and Heavy armor sets (and I have the Legendary WvW backpiece: Warbringer.)

> > >

> > > And in less than 3 weeks, I'll be in the position to make one of my T3 sets completely into WvW Legendary!! WOOT! :smiley:

> > > (I'm leaning towards upgrading my Heavy set first! :+1:)

> >

> > Nicely done! I do love that blue glow from the T3 armor set with the energy tentacles. Very reminiscent of the Mistforged Weapon set. Let the forum know when you upgrade it to Legendary!

>

> Thank you! :smile:

>

> Yup, Yup... blue glow, tentacles and all! :smiley:

> Here's a couple pics of my SoulBeast and Herald wearing their sets:

>

> https://imgur.com/jXZ4lPK

??

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > Really it’s just the time investment and trudging through the trenches that can be spvp.

>

> Btw when talking about "time investment" for the PVP armor, do you count the period that has no season active?

I mean if you still have more tickets or shards to collect then it clearly is a time gated process as you can’t collect required materials during the non ranked season. Other then shards of glory, but those are the cheapest part of the collection and can be bought on the tp.