Eternal Coliseum - Please, stop.

phokus.8934

the map is horrible. just wide open spaces for absolutely no reason other than to piss of melee classes and give rangers a wet dream. Let's not forget mesmers and thieves can be everywhere at once because they can teleport over the ledges where us more balanced classes have to walk (omgwtfisthat) around

Personally, least favorite map due to lack of elevation, lack of chokepoints. Also if you're playing a class without ports it's a pain to run round. Mechanics and buffs are interesting but lord is it annoying when a teammate picks going after _Sword of Reaping_ over helping an outnumbered team fight and then arrives late to be slaughtered immediately.

Forest has got to be my preferred. Skyhammer is significantly worse since jump-pad interaction was changed.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > 6 times playing it out of last 10 matches.

> > > 4 times in a row.

> > >

> > > Stop picking this map, for the love of God.

> >

> > Clearly, many somebodies like it, though...

>

> No. No one likes it.

Well, either enough people like it to vote it in every one of those times, or you have amassed some **really** dedicated stalkers who dislike you, and want you to suffer...

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> Well it's the most boring, bland, ugly map, there is no depth ot it whatsoever. I can understand why people with 0 investment in PvP may like it.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's a matter of personal opinion and taste.

You are emphasizing how 'bland' and 'ugly' it is - are you going for the looks in each map? Sounds like someone with 0 investment in PvP.

I personally really like the terrain layout. While you have a pretty nice open space at mid, it's very easy to kite and LoS around there. Also I like the elevated platforms, gives more incentive for using your brain.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Well it's the most boring, bland, ugly map, there is no depth ot it whatsoever. I can understand why people with 0 investment in PvP may like it.

> Or maybe, just maybe, it's a matter of personal opinion and taste.

>

> You are emphasizing how 'bland' and 'ugly' it is - are you going for the looks in each map? Sounds like someone with 0 investment in PvP.

>

> I personally really like the terrain layout. While you have a pretty nice open space at mid, it's very easy to kite and LoS around there. Also I like the elevated platforms, gives more incentive for using your brain.

Bland as in virtually no kiting spots at all except for maybe a few boxes here and there, no cheeky teleport spots, and barely anything to LoS with besides, you know, the same boxes. Secondary mechanic is nothing special either.

The map is just meh in every possible way, looks are just one thing.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> 6 times playing it out of last 10 matches.

> 4 times in a row.

>

> Stop picking this map, for the love of God.

As a thief main this is I guess theoretically a bad map for me since its small and allow less capitalizing on movement but it's still my favorite map due to the games going faster and the simple layout

Eternal Coliseum isn't *that* bad; it's a game-mode that actually a lot of people like. It allows for glass-cannons to pick up something that increases their sustain if they choose to! It can also stomp people more quickly! It's quite an interesting mechanic.

I do understand that it gets boring after repeating it over and over. Quite frankly, I would get bored of it doing it 6 times myself! Doesn't mean bash on everyone for picking it though! They don't all have the ability to tell if someone really wants that map or not, or even if that someone is raging on the forums about it being played constantly or not!

Same here, OP. Losing streaks begin with that map. And if you have five straight matches in that map, you are likely to have a very bad PVP experience for that day. Unless you are a thief or mesmer, it is nigh impossible to traverse the map to decap far (if you have no thief or any other equally proficient decapping class on the team) if the opposing team is camping mid. And if the opposing team is camping the spawn area, you have to waste extra time to run around and, goshdarnit, it's such a pain! Coliseum and Capricorn are my least favorite maps simply because it takes forever to run from one end of the map to the next. Or even just to run from spawn to mid.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > 6 times playing it out of last 10 matches.

> > > > 4 times in a row.

> > > >

> > > > Stop picking this map, for the love of God.

> > >

> > > Clearly, many somebodies like it, though...

> >

> > No. No one likes it.

>

> That's where you're wrong, my guy~

Yah, you have to wonder about the reasoning skills of someone who says "nobody likes the colosseum", and also says "every time it comes up as a choice, lots of people vote for it".

Like, champ, friend, buddy, pal, old sport, clearly both of these things cannot be true at the same time, unless you think ANet are literally holding a gun to the head of PvPers and forcing them to choose it despite their hatred of the arena...

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > 6 times playing it out of last 10 matches.

> > > > 4 times in a row.

> > > >

> > > > Stop picking this map, for the love of God.

> > >

> > > Clearly, many somebodies like it, though...

> >

> > No. No one likes it.

>

> That's where you're wrong, my guy~

No one likes it. No one votes for it, it just auto picks it when it's available.