Astral Weapons

The obvious answer is to just not do the collection since it's all optional. I assume the resources were weighted like that to be a huge time sink collection as something to do until the next map. The easiest way to get Kralkatite that I know of is to do the hearts and buy the 25 daily from each one. You can character farm it to get a bunch in a single day if you really want to.

> @"TigStripe.2379" said:

> So I'm expected to use 500 Kralkatite Ore, 500 Powdered Rose Quartz and 55 Globs of Ecto for a single Astral weapon?

> I'm a huge not-fan of the Istan map. Someone tell me you get like 300 kralk ore from a single farm run.

> Please.

> For my sanity.

Some hearts in Istan are doable easily, in a short amount of time. Completing a heart equals 25 kralkatite. Doing them with multiple characters/day, means you will get many more (i think theyre doable with different characters/day). Otherwise, you can do pvp-wvw Domain of Istan reward track (if youre into either of those modes) where the endchest gives you 250 kralkatite. Hope that helped!

I'm not bothering with Astrals (don't like the skins enough). When I need a new ascended weapon, I'll make a Stellar, _if_ I have the mats. If I don't, well, I won't. At this rate, I'll probably finish the collection by 2030 or so. Which is fine, in my opinion.

@"Voltekka.2375" has good advice: Domain of Istan reward track (PvP or WvW) offers 250 kralk (which is a lot more than we get of other types of mats from other tracks).

_added: not bothering with Astrals, aside from making the one required to start the Stellar collection._

Yeah, do reward tracks instead and at some point buy the Brandstone Node from the NPC at the first Waypoint on Istan. That will give you some of the quarz you'll need so you can one day craft a weapon lol

You're probably going to have to farm Brandstones, no way around that

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Yeah, do reward tracks instead and at some point buy the Brandstone Node from the NPC at the first Waypoint on Istan. That will give you some of the quarz you'll need so you can one day craft a weapon lol

>

> You're probably going to have to farm Brandstones, no way around that

You can buy rose quartz from the tp, and salvage it for powdered quartz. It is the easy part of the weapon.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Yeah, do reward tracks instead and at some point buy the Brandstone Node from the NPC at the first Waypoint on Istan. That will give you some of the quarz you'll need so you can one day craft a weapon lol

> >

> > You're probably going to have to farm Brandstones, no way around that

>

> You can buy rose quartz from the tp, and salvage it for powdered quartz. It is the easy part of the weapon.

Meh. I guess it's not that bad. But considering the sheer amount one needs I'd assume just farming it on the side is smarter. I'd never spend that much gold just for that, but then again that's probably why this collection isn't something I'm very much interested in either

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Yeah, do reward tracks instead and at some point buy the Brandstone Node from the NPC at the first Waypoint on Istan. That will give you some of the quarz you'll need so you can one day craft a weapon lol

> > >

> > > You're probably going to have to farm Brandstones, no way around that

> >

> > You can buy rose quartz from the tp, and salvage it for powdered quartz. It is the easy part of the weapon.

>

> Meh. I guess it's not that bad. But considering the sheer amount one needs I'd assume just farming it on the side is smarter. I'd never spend that much gold just for that, but then again that's probably why this collection isn't something I'm very much interested in either

Sadly, you need ideally 5 people per brandstone to get maximum rewards from it, otherwise you mostly get dragonite ore if you mine it solo. So, yeah, it is better and a lot faster to just buy the quartz.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > Yeah, do reward tracks instead and at some point buy the Brandstone Node from the NPC at the first Waypoint on Istan. That will give you some of the quarz you'll need so you can one day craft a weapon lol

> > > >

> > > > You're probably going to have to farm Brandstones, no way around that

> > >

> > > You can buy rose quartz from the tp, and salvage it for powdered quartz. It is the easy part of the weapon.

> >

> > Meh. I guess it's not that bad. But considering the sheer amount one needs I'd assume just farming it on the side is smarter. I'd never spend that much gold just for that, but then again that's probably why this collection isn't something I'm very much interested in either

>

> Sadly, you need ideally 5 people per brandstone to get maximum rewards from it, otherwise you mostly get dragonite ore if you mine it solo. So, yeah, it is better and a lot faster to just buy the quartz.

Wow I didn't even know it worked like that. How stupid. Well, I'll keep mining my node until the third episode releases in 6 months I guess :^)

(Note: I've said before that the delay is perfectly fine with me so this is just a joke before anybody throws a brick at my head)

12 silver sounds alright though, instant buy that is. For some reason I still had 20s in my head.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm not bothering with Astrals (don't like the skins enough). When I need a new ascended weapon, I'll make a Stellar, _if_ I have the mats. If I don't, well, I won't. At this rate, I'll probably finish the collection by 2030 or so. Which is fine, in my opinion.

>

> @"Voltekka.2375" has good advice: Domain of Istan reward track (PvP or WvW) offers 250 kralk (which is a lot more than we get of other types of mats from other tracks).

>

I just finished both the Astral and Stellar Longbow weapons, and unless I missed something, you can't even purchase the Stellar recipes until you've completed the At least one Astral weapon.

Things I did find helpful along the way:

1) The brandstone multitool will point you in the direction of a recently landed meteor (but ONLY if you are mounted, otherwise you have to be close to it if you are on foot).

2) You can do the Renown heart at the Astralarium fairly easy, and when done, you can pay roughly 2800karma for 25 kralkatite ore at the renown heart vendor (this is per character per day)

3) the skins appear to be identical, but the Stellar weapons have particle/glow effects when wielded.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> Istan is super boring and the weapons aren't that interesting for me anyway. I'm lucky there are the Sandswept Islands and HoT.

I can make all weapons, astral and Stellar, and I can quite honestly tell you that I never stepped foot in Istan since the map came out and i finished all achievements. Wvw made me have all kralkatite i need, TP all the quartz and powdered quartz.

Just repeating the WvW reward track over and over. The dust I'm farming from alt accounts in my home instance. Up to 300 or so Ore and 1 Astral skin. Probably will have all the Stellar weapons in 6 months or so. Not sure if I'll use many, have too many legendary skins.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > Istan is super boring and the weapons aren't that interesting for me anyway. I'm lucky there are the Sandswept Islands and HoT.

>

> I can make all weapons, astral and Stellar, and I can quite honestly tell you that I never stepped foot in Istan since the map came out and i finished all achievements. Wvw made me have all kralkatite i need, TP all the quartz and powdered quartz.

I'll try to get back into WvW this weekend. Still don't think I'll get the weapons. I'm more interested in the legacy armor.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > Istan is super boring and the weapons aren't that interesting for me anyway. I'm lucky there are the Sandswept Islands and HoT.

>

> I can make all weapons, astral and Stellar, and I can quite honestly tell you that I never stepped foot in Istan since the map came out and i finished all achievements. Wvw made me have all kralkatite i need, TP all the quartz and powdered quartz.

I'll try to get back into WvW this weekend. Still don't think I'll get the weapons. I'm more interested in the legacy armor.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

>