What major change would you make?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather happy with content and professions, the whining in this thread is big my ass... Anyway, my wishes:

- Finally make a fully customisable UI, I want side bars and additional bars for: mounts, food, gizmos, instant merchant, just anything. Opening the inventory and finding the food you want is fucking annoying, really. Also I wanna see the CDs of off skills of engies, eles and revenants. It's hard to track if you play it and other games can that do too. Make it with additional skills bars.

- New engine and/or engine overhaul with a not so ancient DirectX support. We are still in the damn middle age and use a 12 year old(!) direct x 9. It's a bit embarrassing.

* Add LUA scripts and addons

* or at least a better customizable UI ( change size, position from more elements )

* remove Mystic Coins from the game and add something else player really can farm on there own

* add collections for the last step to build a legendary

* add race change in gem store

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> I'd like to see some changes on core mechanics and some new mechanics:

>

> * Critical strikes no longer depend on Precision and RNG. Now they depend strictly on skills, traits, upgrades and similar selectable effects, and one's ability to meet their requirements to trigger. For example:

> * Some traits or sigils may cause the next weapon attack to be critical every X number of hits.

> * Some traits may cause an attack done from the back always critical, or attacks done to disabled enemies, or enemies suffering from a certain condition, with a cooldown of Xs.

> * Some autoattack chains may deal a critical always on the 3rd hit, or every X hits. Or every 3rd time the 3rd hit strikes. Traits may increase how often a weapon may crit.

> * Stealth attacks will always have a requirement that guarantees a Critical hit. For example, Backstab would no longer havea different damage from the back, instead, the base damage would be increased a bit, and it's always critical from the back.

I like that idea! If you made the _effect_ of a critical hit something selectable for each skill as well, rather than always just being bonus damage, you'd almost be back to the GW1 style of conditional skills, but as something designed by the player for their build rather than just having tons of nearly-identical skills.

* New pvp modes and maps, in that order. Maps are cool and I'm always happy when there's more, but I think guild wars 2 could definitely support other game modes. Deathmatch, capture the flag, search and destroy, etc.

* Make mount skins obtainable from in-game special quests or something.

* Add more pvp-specific skin rewards (weapon skins, mount skins, armor skins, anything)

Free the skills like in GW1... OK, that will not happen. So to give it a GW2 feel here are some options:

Greatsword has 5 Skill slots. With next expansion one more Greatsword skill will be introduced and the players can choose 5 Greatsword skills out of a pool of total 6 Greatsword Skills. Same with every other weapon. And future expansion can introduce more skills.

Or introduce variations of skills. Example Guardians Greatsword Symbol Skill. Change the effect, damage, size of the symbol and the player can choose which one they want to use. Example with expansion comes a new Guardian Greatswordskill that has a bigger radius heals more does less damage to enemys. Or slows, burns enemy for x duration. Whatever. The point is you can exchange the old Symbol skill with the new one. This for the other skills as well maybe ofer expansions. Advantage no new animations. Maybe change a bit the colour (uuuh let the players colour the effects of skills... but when I think about it.. dont....anyway)

Or if this is too complicated because of balancing the game (hehe not my job) give players a new set of five skills for greatsword (name it a new Combat Sytle School for Greatsword or whatever). Players can choose to use the old (School) 5 skill set or the new 5 skill set.

And/Or you could tie new skills/Combat Schools to the mastery system.

I would change WvW to be what it should have been from the get-go after Guild Wars Factions:

-Guilds and alliance based.

-Option to declare war on another alliance, or make treaties, have political positions that are voted on by players (takes place of commanders. Oh, you think your hot stuff? Better get 100 people to agree to make you a captain. Oh, you think your really hot stuff? Better get at least 50 captains to sign off on you being a commander. So on).

-Make things you capture take at least a week if not more of effort to recapture for the other side. And it shouldn't be based on a timer. The castles and what not should literally take a ridiculous amount of time to capture instead of this short term call of duty like stuff we currently have. I'd much rather this be closer to Eve Online than CoD. -The above point would obviously make it neccessary to make wvw experience, ranks, and participation different. The change being each strike you take on a wall or really anything that takes damage that the enemies owns gets you wvw xp, that way even though that castle may not flip for weeks to your side, you are making progress.

-A lot more benefits to owning something in wvw for guilds. Most guilds and players just ignore wvw, it seems, and that is a shame. I miss the HzH and Cavalon days of Guild Wars 1 where it was insanely competitive and tons of people were pumping into it, and it wasn't just a mindless zerg.

-Keeps/Castles should have their own private rooms with perks, cool aesthetics, and really rare nodes that ONLY the people in the guild that controls it get access to.

I could keep going, but I suspect I'm going to get met with the usual "no, no NO!" comments and telling me to go back to Guild Wars Factions if I love it so much so I'll just stop here. Have a nice day.

<.<

Rifle skins that aren't either hilariously expensive (ie: gated behind legendaries, etc), on gem store rotation (and thus, of inconsistent availability), and this is important: **don't suck**. All but, like, eight or nine of the rifle skins I see on the wiki either look like they're built out of sticks and duct tape, repurposed cannons, or frilly magical garbage, and of those, only Vigil's Honour is easily acquired. I just want a cool rifle, with a scope, that I can put on my Deadeye that doesn't break the friggin bank. Simple, clean, and lethal.

Actually, that leads into a more far-reaching problem I see in Fashion Wars: overly complicated designs on almost everything. Sure, its cool for some folks, but I, personally, would absolutely **kill** for some simple, nice-looking armour in all categories. Female light armour that isn't a Miniskirt of War, medium armour that **doesn't** have a bleeding longcoat, heavy armour that looks like a sensible person would actually **wear it into battle**. I really do miss the days of things like GW1's obsidian armour, Ascalonian Mesmer armour, and Tyrian Elementalist armour sets. Simple, elegant, and pleasing to the eye.

- remove in combat speed make it normal. I got hit I think i'm going to run slower. Use the game mechanics to slow people down, chill, cripple, immobilize.

- separate agony resist from +5 stats. make agony slot only or account bound. Have another slot for just +5 stats.

- official build templates

- make stats from armor, sigil, runes be a wardrobe type function. Many ways to go about it implementing it.

- remove any and all traces of outfits and replace em with regular skins

- remove the overkill shiny effect on said outfits

- make all gemstore bought skins (including former outfits) free to transmute

- make a "skin loadout" tab to make your own "outfits" and save them to switch back and forth at will, more slots would be gemstore items

I'd have the armor system rebuilt from the ground up. I'd make sure it was both easier and faster for the designers to make new armor pieces, give the ability to transform Outfits into armor and save your own outfits, and add slots for things like infusions, toys, etc.

If that doesn't qualify, then I'd remove the whole "stuck in time" rule for the older maps and actually let them change for a actual living world. Older story missions would just take place on an instanced version of the old map and clearly state that you were participating in a past event.

I wound't mind to be able to fiddle around with my UI and make templates for different classes/builds.

Ow, and it would be awesome if I hit tab that I actually target the mob in my face instead of the feeble lil dude at the far left minding his own business..

> @"Brother Dulfite.5793" said:

> I would change WvW to be what it should have been from the get-go after Guild Wars Factions:

>

> -Guilds and alliance based.

> -Option to declare war on another alliance, or make treaties, have political positions that are voted on by players (takes place of commanders. Oh, you think your hot stuff? Better get 100 people to agree to make you a captain. Oh, you think your really hot stuff? Better get at least 50 captains to sign off on you being a commander. So on).

> -Make things you capture take at least a week if not more of effort to recapture for the other side. And it shouldn't be based on a timer. The castles and what not should literally take a ridiculous amount of time to capture instead of this short term call of duty like stuff we currently have. I'd much rather this be closer to Eve Online than CoD. -The above point would obviously make it neccessary to make wvw experience, ranks, and participation different. The change being each strike you take on a wall or really anything that takes damage that the enemies owns gets you wvw xp, that way even though that castle may not flip for weeks to your side, you are making progress.

> -A lot more benefits to owning something in wvw for guilds. Most guilds and players just ignore wvw, it seems, and that is a shame. I miss the HzH and Cavalon days of Guild Wars 1 where it was insanely competitive and tons of people were pumping into it, and it wasn't just a mindless zerg.

> -Keeps/Castles should have their own private rooms with perks, cool aesthetics, and really rare nodes that ONLY the people in the guild that controls it get access to.

>

> I could keep going, but I suspect I'm going to get met with the usual "no, no NO!" comments and telling me to go back to Guild Wars Factions if I love it so much so I'll just stop here. Have a nice day.

Well you have my back on this, I'd certainly love to do Jade quarry/Fort aspenwood/Alliance battles again and revisit HZH and Cavalon. And Before any one tells me to go back to Factions I do, hoping it appears in the game i'm actually playing.

I'd add stuff to PvE to make it a super playground of character development and adventure.

Skill capturing for pve only skills. Named bosses all over the world having skills that can be captured.

Unique weapons with slightly different weapon skills. Like a staff that has a unique staff #3 skill regardless of what class is using it.

Consumables/bundle loot that drops from mobs, like bombs and magic hammers to break down secret walls.

For open world PvE the only limit to what content can be done is imagination! Go crazy with it.

The OP stated "major change" so I'm going to stick to that. While there are always the little things here and there I might want to be different, I have to say, on reflection, that I would not want any major changes. Over the past five plus years, I've played consistently but often given other games a try, even going back to brand X for short while. Nothing anywhere, at least in my view, comes close to GW2. So, yeah, tweak it here. Adjust it there. But I'm kind of attached to the game as is.

I would dramatically reduce the amount of snark in Living Story dialogue. What's happening in Tyria is pretty dark, yet it seems like almost every dialogue is loaded with snark as though GW2 were some sort of cheap sitcom. I don't mind some snark. Snark is great when it's used sparingly and appropriately, but that hasn't been happening.

Only two real things I want, fix all rifle skills to make it viable, powerful and fun for any class. Seriously, it's my favourite weapon and have a ton of cool skins, give him some love! And increase the numbers of usable weapons for engineer! Staff and mace as example!

listign up al the major changes id do would lead here only into a multi page posting so full of so many major changes, that the result of that would practically not GW2 anymore, but practicalyl a completely new game worth calling a complete GW2 remake from scratch, what woudl be something id like to see, if it comes togeerh with a better game engine, optimized and improved customizable UIs, better DX support and so on and so forth..

but thats unrealistic to happen ever.. chances are better for GW3, or Anet doing hopefully somewhen a completely new game franchise where they can do things then there all better and not repeat again the same mistakes they did with GW2 where devs of the last decade always say they dont want to make them, and whyever always succeed in the end of still doing again and again the same mistakes like all others before them ... *shrugs*

We have tons of useless skills and weapons, especially in PvE. This is not radical by any means, all weapons should be close to optimal in all game modes. Same regarding traits. Some are an absolute must and others are not useable in any shape or form.

For class balance there needs to be a performance line where builds are balanced against. This buff, nerf of the same fucking thing 50 million times needs to stop.

All trait lines should offer a mix of offensive, defensive, mobility and support traits. Stacking one line with most of a class offensive or defensive traits, eliminates diversity. Take guardian, every fucking build in PvP takes valor (with almost the same traits) and every build in PvE takes radiance.

PoF maps need major rework. As they stand they are pretty boring and unrewarding.