Nothing World Cup Related - Not even a gem store scarf :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> You could always porganise a Keg Brawl tournament.

>

> But yeah, the World Cup wont interest a great deal of players and has nothing to do with GW2 which doesn't even have links to the game or teams involved.> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > Very disappointed to not see something related to the biggest sporting event in the world... yes even bigger than baseball (your not the center of the world) WORLD CUP!!!

> > > > - It happens every 4 years, could the gw2 team not made a bit of a effort, what other sporting event encapsulates the entire world on this level?

> > > > Disappointment :(

> > >

> > > The Olympics?

> >

> > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > Very disappointed to not see something related to the biggest sporting event in the world... yes even bigger than baseball (your not the center of the world) WORLD CUP!!!

> > > > - It happens every 4 years, could the gw2 team not made a bit of a effort, what other sporting event encapsulates the entire world on this level?

> > > > Disappointment :(

> > >

> > > The Olympics?

> >

> > Not the same level, you can google viewing figures if you wish!

>

> I did, and Olympics edged it (only just though)

NAH it edge it for a 10 min coverage of the 100m final, it didnt edge it for 2weeks covering 64 games over 32 days!

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that items that make it in the game are actually THEMED to the game ... just an thought.

Ye sure like "Top Hat" "Whale mount" "top gun shades" There is a bunch of crap in the game thats not "In the GW2 world" So all the people posting here just be living with their head under their pillow, You purists seem to want to hold on to vanilla ... them days are gone face it!

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that items that make it in the game are actually THEMED to the game ... just an thought.

>

> Ye sure like "Top Hat" "Whale mount" "top gun shades" There is a bunch of crap in the game thats not "In the GW2 world" So all the people posting here just be living with their head under their pillow, You purists seem to want to hold on to vanilla ... them days are gone face it!

Um, you aren't paying much attention then. The bottom line is that Anet puts things in the GS that they think will make them money. Appealing to world cup items is probably not the items that would give them the highest return on investment (not to mention the complete lack of connection to the game in any way). Don't confuse your passion for Soccer and the World Cup with the best ways Anet can make money. That's an emotionally driven argument, not a business based one.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > Why would a gaming company have an item related to something completely unrelated to the game in the gemstore?

>

> You mean like Overwatch had for Olympics? It suits some games, but it doesn't suit GW2.

Bliizzard always does stuff for the Olympics. Those are bigger than any single sport.

> @"Eme.2018" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > 23 adult men running after a ball and you call that a sport?

> > that's a kids game, nothing more.

>

> I can recreate an equivalent of this statement for just about any sport. Also, calling any sport a "kids game" on whilst being on Gw2 forums is an irony.

>

> Not that I enjoy football myself, couldn't care less about it.

i don't see football as a sport, talk actual sport.

But, Our Planet =/= Tyria. They don't have much in the way of sports in Tyria, let alone a World Cup that's exclusive to the real world. Why would you _want_ to bring something that's in the real world to Tyria? I don't understand. I play a game to get away from it all, not to step into a fresh pile of cow dung because some sports people are as obsessed with sports as they are about other things. Maybe I'm just really stupid, but I don't see a point.

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> Biggest event only for the soccer's fan and outside of that, they dont give a kitten. For me, The Olympics is the biggest event. And to the point, why should an online game do something to support or marketing WorldCup?

You must be from the USA... Football is a HUGE sport, the Olympics have a ton of different sports in them (including football), and still, their total tv views are barely higher than for the World Cup (some years it's considerably lower)... For example, the Rio Olympics had 3.5 Billion Views (and this is a competition running almost 24/7 for weeks, while the WC has like 3-4 matches a day in the groups stage, then it petters down, considering the ratings are for 1+ minute of views, the Olympics have a serious advantage in coverage), while the 2014 World Cup had 3.1 Billion views.

They should do what Blizzard did and have a "Summer Games" type event like they did for Overwatch, where a multi-billion game developer profits hugely by selling random loot boxes that may or may not contain "Summer Games" related merchandise - merchandise that is strangely reminiscent of the sort of gear you might find being worn at any given Summer Olympics - say the 2016 Brazil Summer Olympics - without Blizzard paying any pesky sponsorship costs of course because, after all, the Summer Games are in no way trying to cash in on the Summer Olympics, which are clearly a totally different, non-trademark infringing . . . _**thing**_.

> I think some of you are taking things to the extreme.. Im not asking for a GW2 FIFA 18 colab .... simply a football scarf or a whistle musical instrument etc... Not a world cup expansion lol

But then there's already a scarf you can dye to the colours of your favourite team :)

Adventurer's Scarf i think it was called.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shoulder_Scarf

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventurer%27s_Scarf

Nah I'm just glad that we don't have any football related stuff here ( and no not the american variant that should be called carryball ). Its bad enough in RL to see it everywhere ( and I mean EVERYWHERE ) and also on youtube, newssites etc. At least this game is a football free zone.

> I think some of you are taking things to the extreme.. Im not asking for a GW2 FIFA 18 colab .... simply a football scarf or a whistle musical instrument etc... Not a world cup expansion lol

Of all the things that make the world a horrible place, you are asking them to add [VUVUZELAS](

"VUVUZELAS") to GW2?!!!!

PS: Fortnite has all the things a Fútbol fan need to annoy everyone. I'd recommend Hinchas to play there during the World Cup.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > I think some of you are taking things to the extreme.. Im not asking for a GW2 FIFA 18 colab .... simply a football scarf or a whistle musical instrument etc... Not a world cup expansion lol

>

> Of all the things that make the world a horrible place, you are asking them to add [VUVUZELAS](

"VUVUZELAS") to GW2?!!!!

MMMMMMMWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

My god, worse noise ever, I'd forgotten about those.

> @"Eme.2018" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > 23 adult men running after a ball and you call that a sport?

> > that's a kids game, nothing more.

>

> I can recreate an equivalent of this statement for just about any sport. Also, calling any sport a "kids game" on whilst being on Gw2 forums is an irony.

>

> Not that I enjoy football myself, couldn't care less about it.

You care so little about football, you not only read the thread about it but also go through comments and respond!