A question about the new mount.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"JDub.1530" said:

> > I'm guessing no, but wouldn't be surprised if later this year they bring back those mount sets at a higher price with the new mount added

>

> If they do, they will have to consider offering the beetle separately for those who already bought the rest of the set.

Certainly.

We have seen people benefit from "buying in early" before. Like when commander tags and endless harvesting tools became account bound (and the price raised). However, those were instances of already possessing the item, not getting something added for free.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I have not bought any of the mount sets, branded etc, but I can imagine that anyone that has would feel a bit annoyed if there full set now becomes an incomplete set, I certainly think Arenanet needs to give you the missing skins for free.

What? I have bought a mount set. It was advertised as five skins, for those mounts. Why should I feel entitled to something that wasn't ever promised?

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> What? I have bought a mount set. It was advertised as five skins, for those mounts. Why should I feel entitled to something that wasn't ever promised?

You bought a set that will no longer be a set, if you are ok with that then happy days, I'm pretty sure you will be in the minority though, just saying.

I think it's highly unlikely that the existing mount skin packs will be 'updated' to include a skin for the new mount, either when the episode is released or afterwards. I'll be extremely surprised if existing owners get them for free in any way. (And as someone who owns the Branded mount pack I'd ok with that - obviously I won't turn down a free skin but I won't complain if I have to pay for it.)

What I'd like them to do is bring out matching skins for the new mount separately, and for a reasonable price. 400 gems each would be in line with the 2,000 gem cost for a 5-pack. That way I could buy a branded skin to match the ones I've already got.

> @"Sarge shot Grif.6450" said:

> Will the new mount have branded, wintersday etc skin options from the mount skin sets? If so will people who bought the packs be given the corresponding skins for new mount for free?

>

> I'd love to have an answer on this from anet, even if it's a no.

You'll have an answer in a week.

Personally, I'm sure @"Just a flesh wound.3589" is correct, though: unless they had originally designed the Beetle Mounfits for the older packages, I don't see how they could have time to do so retroactively... for free.

I hope it's not something that requires doing a lot of the new/old content that requires lots of people and after the [i'm getting old, and 'lose' words, and today's lost word is the common thing we call people that come back and chew up new content in a week and then move on...it's not cockroaches or grasshoppers, but it's something to that effect, and sadly my brain just can't recall it today :anguished: ] move on, then those who aren't in a position to get on that train early are left with a hard time getting it.

I'm in a position where I 'can', but I always feel bad doing it, and it's usually a stressful time.

Hopefully it's just mastery, or maybe some added collection, but nothing too crazy. Like a mid-sized collection that doesn't require doing events that like no one does any more, and the people that chew up content come and do in a week or less and move on.

It's entirely possible that there will be no skins for this new mount at all.

In fact it's possible (but unlikely, IMO) that it will be unusable outside of the new map, like Oakheart's Essence or the Thermal Tubes in LS3.

However, I have no problem paying for skins for this mount, I feel like I got what I paid for in the previous mount sets, after all.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"JDub.1530" said:

> > I'm guessing no, but wouldn't be surprised if later this year they bring back those mount sets at a higher price with the new mount added

>

> If they do, they will have to consider offering the beetle separately for those who already bought the rest of the set.

Why? The random-draw aspect takes into account what you already have, so they just add the new skins to the "loot table" of the ticket and away you go!