Remove gold fees on shipments

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

>

> What if you don't do Palawadan? Maybe you like to gather or do smaller events. Just because a different reward is fair, it doesn't mean it's balanced for this too. I just think "nah VM is fine because you get unids" is a bad argument because it assumes you're doing Palawadan.

ANet has taken great pains since the game launched to make the point that if you're looking for reward, smaller events will never pay off. Meta events are the only way to go if you want rewards. I empathize with your point. However, I have no hope that the ANet tiger is going to change its stripes after this long. I even remember MoB (I think it was around the first anniversary of the game) saying how he liked the fact that players were congregating for big events. Their most recent attempt to present content with little in the way of larger events -- PoF maps -- is under-utilized. Though I might wish playing far from the crowd were more rewarding, I doubt it's going to happen.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Those materials are not meant to be sold. They are meant to be a way to get them without having to buy them.

>

> The moment buying stuff from vendors to sell it is too profitable, that's the moment to have a look at it to see if it has to be toned down.

This person gets it. Also, OP, keep in mind that you can convert the T5 mats to T6 using spirit shards.

The "lack" of profit is simply and indication of how much the place is being farmed and how easy it is to get the VM.

The gold cost also serves as a safety net. It prevents the price of t6s from completely plummeting through the ground.

As someone who uses up stacks upon stacks of t6s I wouldn't mind cheaper t6s but it would likely be a very shortsighted change. This is equivalent to the real life situation of people who over harvest things to the point of extinction.

> I have like 3k gold. This isn't about gold. I just think this particular specific thing needs to be adjusted, because right now it isn't giving enough in my opinion. You can say you think it's fine but I think you're wrong tbh. If anything I'm thinking of poorer and more casual players since this isn't how I earn gold (I don't farm either).

Except you MADE it about gold when you complained you didn't get enough for your time/effort. If it's not about gold, there isn't a problem here ...

Also, rather than complaining what you can get for VM now, it would be wiser to save your VM for upcoming LWS4 Episodes, as it seems it's the main currency throughout the season, so it would be likely that you can get new other stuff for your VM.

Spending it on these material boxes is not a smart move.

> I have like 3k gold. This isn't about gold. I just think this particular specific thing needs to be adjusted, because right now it isn't giving enough in my opinion. You can say you think it's fine but I think you're wrong tbh. If anything I'm thinking of poorer and more casual players since this isn't how I earn gold (I don't farm either).

I am poor and casual player. If I want big gold I go to one of the dozen other places to make it, thank you Mr. Philanthropist.

Probably unpopular opinion: Trophy shipments should be removed entirely. They have reduced the real and perceived reward from regular play in any other lvl 80 area by causing a big drop in t6 mat prices, which devalues mob loot and map rewards throughout much of the game.

Leather, cloth, metal, and wood can stay as a sort of pressure release valve if any of those materials spike too high for some reason and eliminate the need to create dumb, zerg-farm-only zones like the centaur hill in Lake Doric. Or alternatively for the farm-it-yourself crowd, can be a source of wood/metal materials through something other than gathering.

Honestly they could increase the cost one way or another. 500 Magic wouldn't be so bad, but in the same turn also very so slightly increase the magic gain. Bit of a brute force approach, but imo the trophy shipment should stay. I am VERY glad that I don't have to resort to buying them off the TP, because farming a particular set of mobs for materials is among the most annoying things in the game.

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > No, definitely DO NOT do that. It's not supposed to be a gold printer and considering HOW EASY it is to end the day with a couple thousand magic with barely any effort no, absolutely not.

> >

> > You're literally asking for the best farm in the game to become even better.

>

> So, for an entire day of farming, and ending the day with a couple thousand magic... you get 2g 72s profit. For a day's work.

Don't buy the trophy one.

> @"thehipone.6812" said:

> Probably unpopular opinion: Trophy shipments should be removed entirely. They have reduced the real and perceived reward from regular play in any other lvl 80 area by causing a big drop in t6 mat prices, which devalues mob loot and map rewards throughout much of the game.

>

> Leather, cloth, metal, and wood can stay as a sort of pressure release valve if any of those materials spike too high for some reason and eliminate the need to create dumb, zerg-farm-only zones like the centaur hill in Lake Doric. Or alternatively for the farm-it-yourself crowd, can be a source of wood/metal materials through something other than gathering.

The glyphs already have leather and cloth covered. I don't think metal and wood were ever an issue.

> @"Martnor.1746" said:

> I used to be able to buy 400gems for 20g.... it's now averaging at 110g. If anything, we need more gold sinks. Make them proportionate to your level like the waypoint costs? maybe... but we need them.

Considering I farm to earn about 220g and the convert it to 800 Gems, what you said hurts me. Please at least tell me that "back in the day", 20g was hard to earn?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Martnor.1746" said:

> > I used to be able to buy 400gems for 20g.... it's now averaging at 110g. If anything, we need more gold sinks. Make them proportionate to your level like the waypoint costs? maybe... but we need them.

>

> Considering I farm to earn about 220g and the convert it to 800 Gems, what you said hurts me. Please at least tell me that "back in the day", 20g was hard to earn?

>

>

How far back? Back in the day you could buy one of the gs precursors for around 30g. Now? That will only get you one of the underwater ones.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Martnor.1746" said:

> > > I used to be able to buy 400gems for 20g.... it's now averaging at 110g. If anything, we need more gold sinks. Make them proportionate to your level like the waypoint costs? maybe... but we need them.

> >

> > Considering I farm to earn about 220g and the convert it to 800 Gems, what you said hurts me. Please at least tell me that "back in the day", 20g was hard to earn?

> >

> >

>

> How far back? Back in the day you could buy one of the gs precursors for around 30g. Now? That will only get you one of the underwater ones.

:FEELSBAD: :(

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Martnor.1746" said:

> > I used to be able to buy 400gems for 20g.... it's now averaging at 110g. If anything, we need more gold sinks. Make them proportionate to your level like the waypoint costs? maybe... but we need them.

>

> Considering I farm to earn about 220g and the convert it to 800 Gems, what you said hurts me. Please at least tell me that "back in the day", 20g was hard to earn?

>

>

For a casual player like me, it would take me a couple of weeks. That was prior to the 2g dailies.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Martnor.1746" said:

> > > I used to be able to buy 400gems for 20g.... it's now averaging at 110g. If anything, we need more gold sinks. Make them proportionate to your level like the waypoint costs? maybe... but we need them.

> >

> > Considering I farm to earn about 220g and the convert it to 800 Gems, what you said hurts me. Please at least tell me that "back in the day", 20g was hard to earn?

> >

> >

>

> How far back? Back in the day you could buy one of the gs precursors for around 30g. Now? That will only get you one of the underwater ones.

2 years after launch.

> This goes for other things like unbound magic. Right now, one trophy shipment has a profit of only 40 silver. After the TP takes a cut, you get 34 silver.

>

> This is simply garbage for the amount of time it takes to amass the volatile magic. It pretty much feels like you get nothing because you have to pay one entire gold for the shipment, aswell as the VM you worked hard to collect, completely eliminating your profits. If the gold price was removed or cut in half, it would be much more fair and in balance with time spent relative to farming VM.

1 trophy box is about 68s 06c profit (lowest sell offer) after 15% TP fee and 1g shipment cost. http://gw2lunchbox.com/IstanShipments.html

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I thought it was there to offer a cheaper way to obtain crafting materials...

Dingdingdingding! We have a winner!

If you want gold, there are other methods.

Also, don't say it's not about gold when you are literally complaining about the gold earnings from this.

And if you're thinking of the newer players who don't have three grand stockpiled, well... can we wait and see what THEY think? Or at least show us the part where you polled them.

Lastly, you can NOT ignore the people mentioning Palawadan. If the change you suggest is made, yes, it would benefit more than just them, but it would HUGELY benefit them. The extra gold earned by the poorer players will be worth a lot less since the richer players are now making hundreds more gold than otherwise, devaluing the coins even further than they already are.

In the end, though, trophy shipments are NOT "created as a means to earn gold". No, they are a cheap source of materials. Those materials only sell BECAUSE people buy them to use. After all, 250 of every T6 material goes into making a legendary, and that's far from the only thing they can be used for (just the most popular). Besides, the suggestion, if taken, would backfire anyway. Do you really think T6 materials would keep the value they now have if they were even cheaper to acquire?

> Guys right now all I hear is:

> "Farm something else". This is a horrible argument, you don't just ignore something which isn't balanced or fair.

Define fair.

Should I complain because it's not a great farm to just go around and kill moas in Queensdale?

Be happy you get anything.

Literally working a part time minimum wage job and converting your pay into gems2gold is a better use of time than nearly any in game method outside of precise high volume trading.