Path of Fire players get less then Heart of Thorns players

Many of the things listed are a bit of a wash. In both HoT AND PoF we got armor, weapon models, new recipes, elites, new maps, new story, recipes for several crafting professions, yes legendary weapons are being quite drawn out (understatement) but we also get mounts with masteries that are relevant anywhere you go as opposed to only expansion specific content. I would say its close to even on content between the two. Either way its like comparing a pear to a pineapple.

Mounts>all

Seriously though, mounts are such a huge boon compared to the other things you listed. How many people will go without a legendary? Do we really need more food that does the same thing? Why would we put in more sigils that are either useless or OP?

Stat combinations and gliding are the biggest ones. THere are a few really good stat combos in HoT and while mounts are nice, gliding is extremely good sometimes. Being able to jump off a cliff even in combat or to just have that general convenience even without a griffon are pretty huge. We have to keep in mind that the griffon is still 250g after all and not everybody is going to have access to it, especially newer players.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Stat combinations and gliding are the biggest ones. THere are a few really good stat combos in HoT and while mounts are nice, gliding is extremely good sometimes. Being able to jump off a cliff even in combat or to just have that general convenience even without a griffon are pretty huge. We have to keep in mind that the griffon is still 250g after all and not everybody is going to have access to it, especially newer players.

The griffon really is nice. It is better than gliding for sure, but it also looks awesome. I honestly feel the combination of HoT and PoF makes for the best experience.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Stat combinations and gliding are the biggest ones. THere are a few really good stat combos in HoT and while mounts are nice, gliding is extremely good sometimes. Being able to jump off a cliff even in combat or to just have that general convenience even without a griffon are pretty huge. We have to keep in mind that the griffon is still 250g after all and not everybody is going to have access to it, especially newer players.

>

> The griffon really is nice. It is better than gliding for sure, but it also looks awesome. I honestly feel the combination of HoT and PoF makes for the best experience.

Definitely agree. I **forced** my friends to play through HoT with me first and they were glad they did :D

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Stat combinations and gliding are the biggest ones. THere are a few really good stat combos in HoT and while mounts are nice, gliding is extremely good sometimes. Being able to jump off a cliff even in combat or to just have that general convenience even without a griffon are pretty huge. We have to keep in mind that the griffon is still 250g after all and not everybody is going to have access to it, especially newer players.

> >

> > The griffon really is nice. It is better than gliding for sure, but it also looks awesome. I honestly feel the combination of HoT and PoF makes for the best experience.

>

> Definitely agree. I **forced** my friends to play through HoT with me first and they were glad they did :D

The only thing I didn't really enjoy was trying to read the map, and figuring out a route. The maps were a nightmare at first, but once you traverse them a few times, and remember where to go, they aren't that bad. Those stupid archer frogs are still annoying as hell, though.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> Think about:

> Amount of open world content.

> Length and quality of Story.

> Number of Weapon sets.

> Number of Story instances

> Quality of included Armor Skins

> Value of Mounts vs Gliders

> Quality of LW Maps included (Compare LS3 1-3 to LS4 1-3)

>

I do. Amount of open world content is significantly in favor of HoT.

Length and quality of story. Both were meh. I prefer HoT much more.

Number of weapon sets. I assume that is weapon skins. PoF has more.

Number of story instances. It is not quantity. It is quality and length. Which is already covered.

Quality of armor skins. Definitely in favor of PoF.

Value of mounts vs glides. Glides created new ways to traverse. Mounts did not. We already had waypoints for a reason.

Quality of LS maps. Lol?! LS 3 1-3 maps are top tier compared to LS4 garbage (except sand swept isles).

> @"Khailyn.6248" said:

> Many of the things listed are a bit of a wash. In both HoT AND PoF we got armor, weapon models, new recipes, elites, new maps, new story, recipes for several crafting professions, yes legendary weapons are being quite drawn out (understatement) but we also get mounts with masteries that are relevant anywhere you go as opposed to only expansion specific content. I would say its close to even on content between the two. Either way its like comparing a pear to a pineapple.

This is more or less how I feel. Infinite gliding with lean techniques are still very useful even with mounts though. They're more precise and can be used in combat. The one downed state mastery from LW3 is very handy as well.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Quality of LS maps. Lol?! LS 3 1-3 maps are top tier compared to LS4 garbage (except sand swept isles).

I find it absolutely impossible to believe you can compare the quality of BloodStone Fen, Ember Bay and Bitterfrost Frontier and say they are even close to what the first three maps of s4 are.

Bloodstone Fen is easily the worst map we have seen in the game, Core Tyria included. The only things that keep people going there is the Blood Ruby farm for Aurora (and some who like the stat swappable trinkets) and the Maguuma Lily/Freshwater Pearl hunting. It's clealy unfinished, there are very few actual stories in the open world, The mobs are poorly tuned, and the meta event is a tedious grind. Ember Bay is not much better. BFF is just two farms.

This isn't just opinion. The new maps are **objectively** better in every way.

>Value of mounts vs glides. Glides created new ways to traverse. Mounts did not. We already had waypoints for a reason.

Now I know you are just being contrary to somehow enhance your point.

If you actually think mounts are not a new way to traverse, then you are not using them properly.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

>

> > Quality of LS maps. Lol?! LS 3 1-3 maps are top tier compared to LS4 garbage (except sand swept isles).

>

> I find it absolutely impossible to believe you can compare the quality of BloodStone Fen, Ember Bay and Bitterfrost Frontier and say they are even close to what the first three maps of s4 are.

> Bloodstone Fen is easily the worst map we have seen in the game, Core Tyria included. The only things that keep people going there is the Blood Ruby farm for Aurora (and some who like the stat swappable trinkets) and the Maguuma Lily/Freshwater Pearl hunting. It's clealy unfinished, there are very few actual stories in the open world, The mobs are poorly tuned, and the meta event is a tedious grind. Ember Bay is not much better. BFF is just two farms.

> This isn't just opinion. The new maps are **objectively** better in every way.

>

> >Value of mounts vs glides. Glides created new ways to traverse. Mounts did not. We already had waypoints for a reason.

> Now I know you are just being contrary to somehow enhance your point.

> If you actually think mounts are not a new way to traverse, then you are not using them properly.

Different views I guess. Though most of the threads involving best/worst maps put blood fen and bitter frost on the high end. The feedback regarding LS4 episode 3 specifically had Domain of Kourna map as the low point. I consider Istan to be the worst map in the game and it was not strongly received either.

As for mounts, there is not much to them more than fast movement speed. You run around you see a mob you wanna attack then you pounce on it. There were a couple of interesting puzzles involving the jackal, but they are few and far in between.

Trying to say that your opinion of the maps is consensus, in contrary of most feedback is funny though.