Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

Not to be an Anet apologist, but honestly if it took them more than 1 week to fix, this bug was probably a bit more difficult to fix than it would seem. They also communicated with us to let us know what was wrong which is the right thing to do. It's fair to chide them about not prioritizing this bug over others, but there really isn't any evidence to suggest that they had less staff focused on dealing with this bug than other bugs.

Also the disable option I don't think is a good idea. Entirely locking elementalists out of a weapon set where 19/20 skills are working properly has no precedent. Anet has only ever disabled traits or utility skills in the past while hotfixing since you have clear and viable alternatives in most cases. Ele doesn't have anything like an equivocal weaponset to staff.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

> @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> An update on this:

> The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

Pve doe?

So back to wet noodles for anything other than totally glass cannon or weaver builds?

Oh well, fun while it lasted. My healy ele was actually doing semi decent damage there for a bit.

Ele needs a complete rework so that there are not so many ways to boost the damage output, so that base ele can still do decent damage whilst not being glass cannon or weaver.

But that would involve actual work and a balance team working on wvw. So I wasted my fingers.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

I'm playing elementalist as my main-character since the beta and just got into raids some time ago. I'm pretty much PvE-only, but I remember the one-hit-kill backstabs cloaked thieves dealt in WvW back in the day when those maps where still required for worldcompletion. So I fully understand how the two-hit meteorshower is broken in PvP.

That being said, I just don't see Anets points in nerfing the ele down to the same dps other classes bring to the table in PvE.

Just look at the survivability: There are three armor classes for nine professions. Among each of those groups there is one with a small, a medium and a large hp-pool. Whereas warrior has the thickest armor and highest hp-pool, elementalist has the lowest stats on both. Hits or conditions other classes survive easily kill the ele in seconds, considering you don't tone your dps down for a bunker-build.

And whatever you do, you play piano to run your rotation. The ele has no special buffs like banners that buff ten players at once or alacrity+quickness. The only thing the ele does in PvE is dealing damage or long range healing. For doing this damage you need to survive with the lowest hp-pool and lightest armor while running a rotation with long casting-times that severely go down on your damage should you be forced to interrupt one of those skills(for a dodge for example).

I still remember the days when elementalists got no place in dungeon-groups and I'm honestly not keen on getting those days back because the devs try to balance the professions based on the dps people dish out on a stationary golem that doesn't attack.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Player.9621" said:

> > **60% above what's intended (per-strike)** :s

>

> Good dodge practice :) when u have the aoe ring up.

good luck wasting ur dodge on some red circle which does no dmg while the real meteor shower hit u when u have no dodge left. Thats another problem with this game very outdated UI and Combat Graphics. Friendly aoe should be blue or green circle while enemy aoe should be red circle.

> An update on this:

> The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

Is there any reason this patch can't come before wvw reset? I don't understand why this has a "window" for hotfix that has to wait until tuesday while we've had pve patches that come at severely inconvenient times during wvw reset. This bug sucks a big fat one and lots of people have had enough of it while it hasn't seemed to be as big of a priority as it is with quotes like "we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels **when possible**". Kinda frustrating

> @"Limodriver.4106" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Player.9621" said:

> > > **60% above what's intended (per-strike)** :s

> >

> > Good dodge practice :) when u have the aoe ring up.

>

> good luck wasting ur dodge on some red circle which does no dmg while the real meteor shower hit u when u have no dodge left. Thats another problem with this game very outdated UI and Combat Graphics. Friendly aoe should be blue or green circle while enemy aoe should be red circle.

Red circles are enemy casting skills, ally MS apear on white circles... same for Spellbroken bubble.

If it is AOE and red circle is UP players need to get out of there as fast has possible, in preference and 1st place they need to kite it, if they cant and get 1hit, yes a dodoge or something that blinks/dash out of the AOE needs to be wasted.

i actully was having direct HP hit w/o warning nor MS rings most of the time XD, if i could survive the initial 20k hit, yes it is possible .

Sadly gw2 was supose to be a game to pay atention to what hapening on screen but players cant relly on that due all skills being clutered to each other, or not rendering and becomeing invisible skills basicly, so basicly sometimes its pay atention to damage log (wich i think sometimes does not show real values), and pay atention to how fast your health drops and the next reactions to have to GTFO.

And to think it will become worse with more aoe/cleave spam they will add to make players buy next expantion.... more visual clutter messing up with the rendering stuff-

Why is there a "window" for a hotfix when the point of a hotfix is so you don't have to wait for a major patch to fix game-breaking bugs?

And yes, this is game-breaking. Meteor is literally oneshotting everything, I've been hit for 25k on minstrels FB.

> @"Victory.2879" said:

> So back to wet noodles for anything other than totally glass cannon or weaver builds?

> Oh well, fun while it lasted. My healy ele was actually doing semi decent damage there for a bit.

> Ele needs a complete rework so that there are not so many ways to boost the damage output, so that base ele can still do decent damage whilst not being glass cannon or weaver.

>

> But that would involve actual work and a balance team working on wvw. So I wasted my fingers.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but in order to do damage you're supposed to use damage stats. If you don't spec into damage and expect to still do damage, I'm not sure what to tell you. Your "healy ele" dealing good amounts of damage from range is not balanced, it's the exact opposite, idk how that's hard to understand.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

There is a counter to the scourge crap, it's called a decent comp. Scourge isn't ubiquidous anymore, anet gutted it pretty hard. It you're still just stacking scourges you should really take a look at the patch notes for the last 5 months or so and rethink that. 30k fucking meteors is not balanced. The current meta is not pirate ship (well, it wasn't, until meteor got completely busted. Now it's pretty pirateshippy). In fact, I'm not convinced you know what "pirateship" means. Or "balanced", for that matter.

It's posts like these that make me glad anet doesn't listen to the community's balance feedback.

The hot fix time farm is weird chose of balancing and bug fixing in this game. I reported it 1 day after the patch in game though bugs report and talked about it on the ele forms. Was that not soon enofe or are all of our post about bugs in game and the ele forms just ppl talking into a wall?

The longer this goes on the more we can work out how Anet realty feels about there players. They seem to go back on there own ideals of balancing with in weeks of a chose they do not seem to be reading any thing about these things on the forms other then the high used ones and it looks like no one is reading the in game bug reports in a timely manor.

What is going on at Anet and what happen to the old Anet?

> @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> Why is there a "window" for a hotfix when the point of a hotfix is so you don't have to wait for a major patch to fix game-breaking bugs?

>

> And yes, this is game-breaking. Meteor is literally oneshotting everything, I've been hit for 25k on minstrels FB.

>

> > @"Victory.2879" said:

> > So back to wet noodles for anything other than totally glass cannon or weaver builds?

> > Oh well, fun while it lasted. My healy ele was actually doing semi decent damage there for a bit.

> > Ele needs a complete rework so that there are not so many ways to boost the damage output, so that base ele can still do decent damage whilst not being glass cannon or weaver.

> >

> > But that would involve actual work and a balance team working on wvw. So I wasted my fingers.

>

> I'm not sure if you're aware, but in order to do damage you're supposed to use damage stats. If you don't spec into damage and expect to still do damage, I'm not sure what to tell you. Your "healy ele" dealing good amounts of damage from range is not balanced, it's the exact opposite, idk how that's hard to understand.

>

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

>

> There is a counter to the scourge crap, it's called a decent comp. Scourge isn't ubiquidous anymore, anet gutted it pretty hard. It you're still just stacking scourges you should really take a look at the patch notes for the last 5 months or so and rethink that. 30k kitten meteors is not balanced. The current meta is not pirate ship (well, it wasn't, until meteor got completely busted. Now it's pretty pirateshippy). In fact, I'm not convinced you know what "pirateship" means. Or "balanced", for that matter.

>

> It's posts like these that make me glad anet doesn't listen to the community's balance feedback.

I expect to do some damage as I'm running a balanced build- my tempest is mainly in water as support and before this patch meteor shower would be not really worth casting (seeing as you have to stand still to cast...) as the damage was meh.

What I'm saying is they need to be careful on how they nerf it - otherwise it will become completely useless. I agree atm with specced into it and with weaver the skill is OP.

Idk how hard this is for you to understand..

> An update on this:

60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.

Look - https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > An update on this:

> > The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

>

> 60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.

Look

https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > An update on this:

> > The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

>

> 60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.

> Look - https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

Two hits at 24k is only 12k per hit unless the complicated math went over my head.

It just blows my mind how long it takes to hotfix the damage on one skill on one weapon on one class. We're not talking about how the skill functions, how it interacts or synergizes with other traits, just the damage. It's just beyond me.

And missing your "window," I understand there's different people that are in charge of implementing patches, but the fact that there's just no urgency to get this done before the weekend, the height of WvW play, is another big let down and very telling of Anet's priorities. I mean, is it actually fixed internally but the patch people don't want to bother? Don't want to work overtime? Do whatever it takes to fix this so we don't have this for 4.5 more days? Disappointing.

So many people are salty about a skill that has an activation time..... you know you could just get out of the way lol.

Also, scourge is still the meta for zergs like it or not (well until this bug anyway). I've seen countless zergs over the last couple of months with like 15 scourges, along with a bunch of Firebrand's and Spellbreakers. Like it or not Scourges were (and after this bug fix will be) the top option for AoE damage (although Eles had decent MS's so occasionally I saw a few of those in groups too)

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> So many people are salty about a skill that has an activation time..... you know you could just get out of the way lol.

>

> Also, scourge is still the meta for zergs like it or not (well until this bug anyway). I've seen countless zergs over the last couple of months with like 15 scourges, along with a bunch of Firebrand's and Spellbreakers. Like it or not Scourges were (and after this bug fix will be) the top option for AoE damage (although Eles had decent MS's so occasionally I saw a few of those in groups too)

Well, tbh CONDI scourge was the meta for the last couple months, but the most recent patch with the ICD on Dhuumfire really severely hurt their damage (Not that I disagree with the nerf, it was needed) alongside osme other little changes. The POWER scourge on the other hand now looks really good by comparison and does some really strong spike pressure. Power scourge was always good, but this is shining a light on just how good it actually is.