Can we have an endless mode? [Request]

I've been playing warframe alot recently and just how many ways you can test your ability in mission like survival, where you basicly survive for as long as possible with enemies getting stronger by the second. I just need something like that in gw2 that let's me utilize the combat to the fullest with hoards of enemies coming at me. The longer you make it the higher reward you'll get. sometimes you just want a simple smack a hundred guys in the face style mission.

Would love it, some modes in GW1 had that... and I totally support it.

Could also have some elements of procedural generation, with random bosses from the fractals (or dungeons) popping up here and there. (Or having a duo or boss, like lupicus + eater of soul, archdiviner + a boss that requires you to move often)

Doesn't even need to be that rewarding, but it could be fun :D

> @"tobvet.1874" said:

> I've been playing warframe alot recently and just how many ways you can test your ability in mission like survival, where you basicly survive for as long as possible with enemies getting stronger by the second. I just need something like that in gw2 that let's me utilize the combat to the fullest with hoards of enemies coming at me. The longer you make it the higher reward you'll get. sometimes you just want a simple smack a hundred guys in the face style mission.

That would seem cool. how about an arena theme for this mode, the company is called "arena net" after all

**Arena Endurance**

* 10 man (a raid team) or 5 man (dungeon or fractal team)

* Foes come at you in waves and you have to try to survive as long as possible, once dead you can't be revived like a raid, when everyone is dead the Arena endurance match ends.

* Every 5th wave is a boss, After killing a boss the foes get stronger and 1 random person in your team that has died gets revived to rejoin you.

* You get rewarded for doing each wave, and killing the boss earns your more rewards. As you progress the foes get harder but the rewards get better.

Achievement for this mode could be fun little challeneges.

"get to Wave 5 without using your heal skill"

"get to Wave 15 without using an Elite Spec" (base class only)

"get to Wave 20 with only using a team of Guardians"

But can at least come up with something more interesting then "Hoard mode"? Like Hoard mode with Funny hats? Or you know.... the Gauntlet coming next week?

I can tell you 2 things about trying to do Hoard mode in GW2...... Either Engineer Turrets will be the meta, or it'll just be a Raid without a Raid boss. The latter is no where near as inspired as we'd hope.

If it's anything like mass effect 3 multiplayer style horde mode, then hell yes! :D

Must have downed state on certain elites/veterans ("bosses"), so stomping is possible, like those old nightmare court enemies. Otherwise it would become boring if it's just normal pve trash mob clearance with no stomping.

Toypocalipse.

Seriously, though, I don't think such mode would be engaging enough.

When I consider GW 2's combat system, I can see the following situations:

1. Enemies are weak enough so you can outsustain them. Survival at this stage is trivial, the only thing you need is to repeat your optimal skill rotation ad nauseam.

2. Enemies are stronger than some "critical point", it's now impossible to outsustain them. At this stage survival is no longer possible, and your only option is to kill as many enemies as possible during the 15 seconds you have left.

3. There's no exciting middle ground between states 1 and 2. Their relative length is dependent on your build choice and your individual skill, but it's a serious design challenge to change the fact that every time you'll be experiencing a "fairly boring repetitive plateu of mechanical check" followed by a "fairly quick and frustrating dip of not being able to keep up with the enemy's brutal onslaught".